• The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostBelorion, on 27 October 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I don't think that that is true dude.

We're both correct:

Pre-Sale Reward
This reward is for players who have purchased any pre-sale program package. This includes any level of Founders, Phoenix, Clan Invasion Wave1 and 2 packages, or a la carte mechs. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Atlas variant - the AS7-S - decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay. This custom AS7-S variant will only be available through our Pre-Sale Reward program and will be injected into eligible accounts on October 21st. You have until Sept 23rd at 10:00 am PDT to earn the Pre-Sale Reward. Standard versions of this new variant will be available for C-Bills at a future date to be determined.

What the Pre-Sale reward variant provides, is a 30% C-Bill Bonus.

Jody

#222 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

Looks like they swapped the Zeus 9S for the 6S as the 30% Boost mech. Good call PGI.

I just reserved the fire pack. I'll be upgrading to the wrath pack eventually.

#223 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:02 AM

I'm realy don't get it... most of mech and their variants are Energy boats. While clans have brutal missle and ballistic mechs we get heavily nerfed energy mechs. Sorry i'm pass this one.

#224 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

I didn't drink any wine last evening so that saved me the $20 for a Fire Pack. This time the paypal purchase went smoothly and I was sober enough to notice. The Zeus Prime sounds actually really useful... who knows... running around in a Zeus in Liao colors to annoy Steiner is already a win every match...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 29 October 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#225 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostNexano, on 29 October 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

I'm realy don't get it... most of mech and their variants are Energy boats. While clans have brutal missle and ballistic mechs we get heavily nerfed energy mechs. Sorry i'm pass this one.

Remember, in lore, Energy weapons are what saved the day against the clans, where IS mechs could keep fighting without having to resupply. It may also play a part in CW, given the longer matches, where Ammo may become a problem for many mechs.

A well constructed IS Energy boat mech can do very well. The Zeus has a balistic and missile variant, and the Enforcer is centrally an Energy/Balistic mech (Imagine a 3 MG, LB10X, LPL 50 ton mech coming at you). The Panther may make a good long range support or assault support mech. The Grasshopper is fairly unique in it's weight class vs what we have already (Closest to it is the Quickdraw, but that suffers from both bad modeling and being 60 tons rather than 70).

None of the mechs look like they'll be the next meta mechs, but many folks thought Griffins and Shadowhawks would be DOA, and look at them now.

#226 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 29 October 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

I didn't drink any wine last evening so that saved me the $20 for a Fire Pack.

You need to start drinking "Screw cap wine" like myself. You don't even need to invest in a cork screw. ;)

Call me "cheap" I don't mind.

#227 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 29 October 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

You need to start drinking "Screw cap wine" like myself. You don't even need to invest in a cork screw. ;)

Call me "cheap" I don't mind.

I'm be more worried about how someone can save $20 by not drinking 1 night.

#228 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:41 AM

As a Steiner soldier, I only buy the Zeus mech!

#229 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostBront, on 29 October 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:

Remember, in lore, Energy weapons are what saved the day against the clans, where IS mechs could keep fighting without having to resupply. It may also play a part in CW, given the longer matches, where Ammo may become a problem for many mechs.

A well constructed IS Energy boat mech can do very well. The Zeus has a balistic and missile variant, and the Enforcer is centrally an Energy/Balistic mech (Imagine a 3 MG, LB10X, LPL 50 ton mech coming at you). The Panther may make a good long range support or assault support mech. The Grasshopper is fairly unique in it's weight class vs what we have already (Closest to it is the Quickdraw, but that suffers from both bad modeling and being 60 tons rather than 70).

None of the mechs look like they'll be the next meta mechs, but many folks thought Griffins and Shadowhawks would be DOA, and look at them now.

I'm thinking mine will make use of an LB10x and SRMs in those arms. Brawwwwwllllller.

Edit: LB10, MG, SRM6, a pair of LPLs...call it a day.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 29 October 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#230 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostBront, on 29 October 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

I'm be more worried about how someone can save $20 by not drinking 1 night.

We enjoy our wines to be rather good though $20 is a bit excessive (so that would be two nights actually); but anyway, life is too short to drink cheap wine. Screw caps are no problem as long as the content is fine :)

At this rate I can easily buy a Wrath pack come March...

#231 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

Dear PGI, could you change the "Resistance" Grasshopper (the one with C-Bills bonus) for the GHR-5H?

Also, the same for the Panther (9R instead of 10K) and the Enforcer (4R instead of 5D).

I see you already changed the Zeus.

I was hoping the standard variants to receive the bonus.

#232 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Or allow the player to choose his or her C-bill bonus variant. That would be new.... :ph34r:

#233 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostOdanan, on 29 October 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Dear PGI, could you change the "Resistance" Grasshopper (the one with C-Bills bonus) for the GHR-5H?

Also, the same for the Panther (9R instead of 10K) and the Enforcer (4R instead of 5D).

I see you already changed the Zeus.

I was hoping the standard variants to receive the bonus.

I like the 2 AMS variants getting the bonus. For the Grasshopper that's the one I was most looking forward to.

It was supposed to be the 3050 variants, but many, many people complained about the Zeus. For the others, I don't see what they have going as a bad thing.

#234 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image

#235 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

I wonder if Nico will update the FAQ since they updated which Zeus is the resistance model.

#236 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

I think it would be helpful if you could see your order under "Preorders" on the webpage.
Been looking for my order until I found out it only shows on the Resistance page...

Maybe it saves answered emails ;)

#237 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

There's a preorder page?

#238 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

under "Profile" -> far right side tab "Preorders"

it only shows my Clanpacks I (as being delivered) and II (as being ordered)

#239 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

@Risen - I got the same - Reinforcement pack purchase was confirmed, but I cant see it in preorders.

I just bought resistance pack and got some questions for anyone kind enough to clear some thing to me please :)

Did I still qualify for "early purchase" by Nov 30? Does it still count - bought few mins ago?

Rewards for early buy - are they counted together with Wave II or will I get 30-14-7-3 days of premium for each - Wave II and Resistance - means 112 days (+cockpit items/ 2 mechbays)?

Did PGI show what kind of cockpit items will be avalaible to choose from?

Will a buyer get Founder/ Invasion stein for Wave II AND the same again for buying resistance pack?

Thanks a lot for answers!

#240 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostCarthoo, on 30 October 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Did I still qualify for "early purchase" by Nov 30? Does it still count - bought few mins ago?

I can easily assume you made the deadline... considering today is Oct. 30, 2014 :P

And... "All content to be revealed by December 16" down near the bottom of the Resistance page :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users