Cw Kinda Sucks

16 replies to this topic

#1 Avengar

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

well it does for the IS, since I've been back I've played 30 drops and only won 2 and those were ghost drops. I don't mind if clan mechs are more powerful, they are in the lore but unless you enforce the rules that the clans had than it's not really worth it. the best way to balance it in my opinion is up (yes up) power of clan mechs to where the should be in comparison to IS but let IS drop with reinforced lances or a MUCH higher drop rate. clans should out power the IS but be undermanned this would balance out the bidding system the Clans used

#2 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Do you have 4 meta mechs? Are they mastered? Do you have radar derp and weapons modules on them? Are they good builds?

And did everyone else on your team?

Edited by KraftySOT, 10 March 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#3 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostAvengar, on 10 March 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

well it does for the IS, since I've been back I've played 30 drops and only won 2 and those were ghost drops. I don't mind if clan mechs are more powerful, they are in the lore but unless you enforce the rules that the clans had than it's not really worth it. the best way to balance it in my opinion is up (yes up) power of clan mechs to where the should be in comparison to IS but let IS drop with reinforced lances or a MUCH higher drop rate. clans should out power the IS but be undermanned this would balance out the bidding system the Clans used

LOL no.

Learn to quirk.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Whatever Davion, the southern Inner Sphere is like a vacation resort. Go pester Marik, they claim to be perpetually bored.

Nobody is forcing you to fight Clans.

Edited by Spheroid, 10 March 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#5 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

Old news.

Haven't bothered playing any Invasion matches since the challenge to get enough points in 25 rounds, it is just boring.

#6 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

Join the Clans. I flirt between the Sphere when i'm feeling both nostalgic and masochistic, and the Clans when I feel like crushing everything with my sleek and svelte killing machines.

At least with the Clans, you can guarantee that each drop deck will contain some combination of MadCat, DoomCrow and HellBringer. With the sphere, any sort of garbage can make it in.

#7 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 10 March 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Join the Clans. I flirt between the Sphere when i'm feeling both nostalgic and masochistic, and the Clans when I feel like crushing everything with my sleek and svelte killing machines.

At least with the Clans, you can guarantee that each drop deck will contain some combination of MadCat, DoomCrow and HellBringer. With the sphere, any sort of garbage can make it in.

Eh? what are these non crow decks you speak of?

#8 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:23 PM

get a 10 man group at least and stomp on noobs and pugs

#9 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

I do better in IS mechs. Clan mechs are too hot, I don't play peek a boo, I get in your grill.

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

ouch

I do better in IS mechs. Clan mechs are too hot, I don't play peek a boo, I get in your grill.

you don't understand how CW works all clan mechs become super non over heating mechs

they hit harder move faster

PGI throws the IS a bone every once in awhile but overall if you want to really dominate go Clans

Edited by Davegt27, 10 March 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#11 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

Because you play Davions (c) TCAF

#12 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 10 March 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

you don't understand how CW works all clan mechs become super non over heating mechs

they hit harder move faster

PGI throws the IS a bone every once in awhile but overall if you want to really dominate go Clans

No really, clan mechs DON'T brawl well. They are best a peeking where they have room to cooldown without taking fire, get in their face and its game over......play poke from a 1000m you are meat, and there is NEVER any real reason to play poke-a-boo in CW, you can always force the close fight.

:edit

That is assuming the common laser vomit builds, even then, the missiles are hotter so watch for er-slas and SRM combos and you should wreck a clan mech at close range they are litterally only good for poking out alphaing and getting back down to cool, they can't sustain anything CLOSE to the sustained DPS of a good IS mech.

...and yes I can provide examples.

Edited by CantHandletheTruth, 10 March 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#13 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 10 March 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

No really, clan mechs DON'T brawl well. They are best a peeking where they have room to cooldown without taking fire, get in their face and its game over......play poke from a 1000m you are meat, and there is NEVER any real reason to play poke-a-boo in CW, you can always force the close fight.

:edit

That is assuming the common laser vomit builds, even then, the missiles are hotter so watch for er-slas and SRM combos and you should wreck a clan mech at close range they are litterally only good for poking out alphaing and getting back down to cool, they can't sustain anything CLOSE to the sustained DPS of a good IS mech.

...and yes I can provide examples.

Heh, I have an SRM6 MadCat that paused while chewing on the severed limb of an Atlas to chuckle at that. It can fire it's SRM racks all day.

Most Clan Meta (laser vom-vom) does suck in a brawl, but the issue is closing the distance to actually eat their smarmy Clan faces off. Clan laser vomit is just so darn effective that it might as well be a giant wall on any given CW map. A wall made out of proximity triggered claymore mines, and coated with grease and the hungry souls of the damned. It's also on fire.

The Clans are just so powerful at medium to long range, and in actuality are pretty stupendous as brawlers if they actually kit themselves out that way.

I.E: StreakCrows. They lose their effectiveness when one on one'ing harder targets, but a pack of two or three of those things can annihilate pretty much any mech in the game before they can type "AAH HELP wasdsewasddswwaaa" into chat. They are also the single best hard counter to IS lights in the game. If you sacrifice 2 streak racks, you can also cram in 4ERMLAS and be useful at most ranges.

*shudders*

Hybrid SRM Crows are also pretty stupendous, due to their speed and agility. They make phenomenal strikers.

The aforementioned SRM Cat is also pretty stupendous, it's just hard to justify it's situaltional strength over the generally-awesome awesomeness of LaserVomit.

Aside from a well orchestrated light rush, the 'Sphere generally has nothing that can compete with the versatility of a Clan meta-deck.

Having said all this, take it with a grain of salt, as it is indeed anecdotal. I can say though, that in CW as a PUGGER, my win rate with the Clans is almost triple that of my 'Sphere mechs.

#14 Ushka

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Its not so much yje problem of clans vs IS, its more a problem of pugs vs a good premade of 8+

EDIT: its even whorse when that premade just rush you and win in like 5mins, makeing it so the que time is longer then playtime

In all the games vs premade were the premade actually played first before doing the objectif only in few of them our team got ganked very hard like 48 to10 or less. But most of them we could put up a good fight (still loseing) but with like 48 to 24 or more.. wich i dont mind at all atleast we played a game

So if PGI could find way to reduce the ruches by example need to get 24 or 36 kills before you can go on generators/orbital canon it would make it lot more intresting

Edited by Ushka, 11 March 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#15 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

View PostUshka, on 10 March 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

Its not so much the problem of clans vs IS, its more a problem of pugs vs a good premade of 8+

It's completely this.

My current pugging averages-

Normal queue: 10 good matches for every 1 bad. Maybe a 4man premade.
CW queue: 10 terribad matches and one okish loss, enemy always clan 12man premades.

I think if we could choose the dropzone dynamically, that might help. Because then while the clanners were all waiting by the spawn zone to shoot me in the back, I could drop on the objective instead and not die from rear CT shots while I'm still falling from the dropship.

#16 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:56 AM

I take issue with the word Kinda in the OP.

#17 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 10 March 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

Aside from a well orchestrated light rush, the 'Sphere generally has nothing that can compete with the versatility of a Clan meta-deck.

Incorrect. IS has a number of VERY strong builds. They just want to lurm or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users