Should Clam Mechs Have A Quirk Pass As Well?

70 replies to this topic

#21 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

Do not give them IS style quirks. Keep clan mechs good for what they were intended for. Super customization. Add in more omnipods. The only one I'd say needs quirks is the Nova..because god, the heat on the nova sucks.

And give the Suckoner Endo Steel.

And maybe remove one or two heatsinks from the Warhawk.

#22 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

There are a few that could use something. Namely the ones with limited hardpoints. Summoner and Adder in particular.

My wish list includes:

For the Summoner - prime right arm, ER PPCs in right arm do 15 damage to target location, prime right arm, decrease jam chance on UACs and tighter spread on LB-X. Prime left torso, LRMs deal full damage from 0-1000 meters.

For the Adder - Prime left & right torso grant either the Summoners ER PPC 15 damage buff or a cooling/heat capacity buff. But not both.

I'm ok with the rest of the Clan mechs right now.

Edited by Rouken, 23 October 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#23 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

I admit, I freaked when I saw this topic.

But... after reading your post, I think I agree. The Direwolf and Timberwolf need... nothing. Or maybe even negative quirks.

However the Summoner, Adder, and Nova in particular need some serious love. I bought the Nova-S during a flash sale (I know... spur of the moment!) and for all of three days it was great.

Then the clan lazer nerfs hit... and she became too hot to pilot with medium lasers or small lazers. Not to mention she was fragile to begin with. So yeah. If the Summoner and Adder pilot anything like the Nova currently does? They need some help.

#24 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostDasSibby, on 23 October 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

But... after reading your post, I think I agree. The Direwolf and Timberwolf need... nothing. Or maybe even negative quirks.

However the Summoner, Adder, and Nova in particular need some serious love. I bought the Nova-S during a flash sale (I know... spur of the moment!) and for all of three days it was great.

Then the clan lazer nerfs hit... and she became too hot to pilot with medium lasers or small lazers. Not to mention she was fragile to begin with. So yeah. If the Summoner and Adder pilot anything like the Nova currently does? They need some help.

They have a different problem, they just don't have enough hardpoints to make use of many lighter weapons.

#25 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

Nova and Adder on the very top of that list.
Followed by Summoner, Kitfox.
Rest are actually in pretty good shape.

#26 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostDasSibby, on 23 October 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Summoner carries less weaponry then the Adder, as well as being a jumpy heavy that can't jump.

Adder is an oversized Kit Fox with none of the benefits.

Nova goes up like one if you try to use the weapons it was designed around using.

They're all great Mechs if you can get past those flaws... it's hard to do but... Yeah, no. They're terrible.

#27 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostWalluh, on 23 October 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Do not give them IS style quirks. Keep clan mechs good for what they were intended for. Super customization. Add in more omnipods. The only one I'd say needs quirks is the Nova..because god, the heat on the nova sucks.

And give the Suckoner Endo Steel.

And maybe remove one or two heatsinks from the Warhawk.

NOOOoooOooO, the Warhawk is an energy boat. Embrace it, expound on it. Make it SHIiiiiiIIiiiiiIIine in that role.

#28 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yes, how about weapons get heat reduced back to their last levels before nerf sledgehammer hit them.

Also, CUACs need...something...either no jamming, tighter projectile grouping, less projectiles for same damage, a combination of the above...? Something. I could even live with ghost heat getting upped on the 5 & 10 to make boating less an issue. The 2s need the baby jesus to resurrect them...

LBXs need tighter patterns, why does the lbx5 have roughly same pattern as lbx10 for example?

Range is fine where it is.

Warhawk needs awesome like PPC buffs.

Nova needs massive energy weapon buffs.

Adder needs so chassis specific quirks like prime getting ppc/energy buffs, etc.

Kitfox needs +30 kph or way better omnipods...

The TW/SCR/DW are good...

Summoner needs more pods...going to have to have variety. I would even say allow it to get endo...THAT would even it out a bit.

In fact, the gargoyle could use endo too while we are talking about it, and it is not here yet.

Also, where is my arctic cheetah?

We need MASC in the worst way for clans too...we are short some of the best chassis because of that.

#29 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostRouken, on 23 October 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

There are a few that could use something. Namely the ones with limited hardpoints. Summoner and Adder in particular.

My wish list includes:

For the Summoner - prime right arm, ER PPCs in right arm do 15 damage to target location, prime right arm, decrease jam chance on UACs and tighter spread on LB-X. Prime left torso, LRMs deal full damage from 0-1000 meters.

For the Adder - Prime left & right torso grant either the Summoners ER PPC 15 damage buff or a cooling/heat capacity buff. But not both.

I'm ok with the rest of the Clan mechs right now.

Man those pod specific PPC buffs are GREAT ideas--I posted that I'd like it just moved to 15 from the 10/2.5/2.5 across the board but I think only giving that to pods that come with them would induce less bitching and moaning. Especially in the case of the Adder and Summoner who don't have many hardpoints you need high damage weapons and that would be a huge improvement.

Honestly I'd like to see many more pods for all clan 'mechs across the board. They can still do the full 'mechs later on but by the time CW hits I'd like to see the inclusion of most of the period correct pods available.

Timberwolf doesn't need buffs but I'd love to have the A and D pods available--especially if the Arms had "real C-ERPPC" capability.

Edited by Kain Thul, 23 October 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#30 Ryokens leap

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Maddog needs an overall movement buff- accel, decel, turn, pitch and yaw. Adder and Nova need help. Summoner is bad if jj's arn't used effectively.

#31 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

As others have said, the Timber Wolf, the Stormcrow, and the Dire Wolf need nothing and are clearly tier 1 mechs.

Rather than quirks, the rest really could do with more omnipods (the Gargoyle could really use the ‘C’ right arm when it’s released too). This whole idea of limiting the omnipods to those exact variants listed on TRO 3050 isn’t cutting it in MWO. If the Adder can carry a PPC in each arm, there is no reason it couldn’t carry two medium lasers in each arm. This was done for IS mechs, and should be for the lower tier clan mechs. Though I do like the idea of buffs to the fixed (only) heat sinks in the Nova and the Warhawk.

One weapons nerf I’d like to see modified a bit is the range nerf to the ER Small Lasers. There is no reason they should have the same range as small pulse lasers (which are beyond hopeless). 200m would be a nice compromise – leave the heat where it is, but a bit more range would actually make them useful.

#32 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostGyrok, on 23 October 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Yes, how about weapons get heat reduced back to their last levels before nerf sledgehammer hit them.

Also, CUACs need...something...either no jamming, tighter projectile grouping, less projectiles for same damage, a combination of the above...? Something. I could even live with ghost heat getting upped on the 5 & 10 to make boating less an issue. The 2s need the baby jesus to resurrect them...

LBXs need tighter patterns, why does the lbx5 have roughly same pattern as lbx10 for example?

Range is fine where it is.

Warhawk needs awesome like PPC buffs.

Nova needs massive energy weapon buffs.

Adder needs so chassis specific quirks like prime getting ppc/energy buffs, etc.

Kitfox needs +30 kph or way better omnipods...

The TW/SCR/DW are good...

Summoner needs more pods...going to have to have variety. I would even say allow it to get endo...THAT would even it out a bit.

In fact, the gargoyle could use endo too while we are talking about it, and it is not here yet.

Also, where is my arctic cheetah?

We need MASC in the worst way for clans too...we are short some of the best chassis because of that.

Yeah, CUAC are almost borderline useless with how often those damn things jam. I took a UAC5 into the Training grounds off the Trial DW......it jammed literally after every single or second shot for the entire 90 rounds...UAC10 never gave me much better results. It didnt matter if I was single firing, firing, waiting, firing, double shotting.....ugh.

And for the solid shot mode, why doesnt PGI just give the LBX the same shot spread as a single shot from a UAC....deviation of like 0 so the shot goes in the same spot...

#33 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 23 October 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

It need not be quirks though; you could do a lot with a few additional omnipods and/or some other options.

Wrong, completely. Different omnipods don't get rid of ghost heat, lack of ability to downgrade engines, lack of endo for weight, and hardlocked equipment.

The Nova was okay until vermin whined that clanners with cerml were actually shooting them from 300+ meters, meaning they couldn't dance in the open in their ecm lights and dodge weapon fire. Of course, ghost heat doomed it from the start, and then severe nerfs, after people had already shelled out money for their clan packages *so shocking!*, relegated it to a mech that just can't use it's weapons because the limited 1.4 dhs and ghost heat won't let it cool down.

#34 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

I expect they'll get a pod quirks pass. It's really the best way to deal with it.

#35 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostAlek Ituin, on 23 October 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Well, if they weren't nerfed to death to begin with because of the Whale and Timbie (and baddies crying like baddies over the "OP" clans)... They wouldn't need a quirks pass.

What they do need is their weapons un-nerfed. Keep the range lowered, doesn't even matter, just the other things. Like burn time, heat, damage, etc.

You can't buff clan weapons without buffing the other T1 mechs so they will be getting quirks much easier to do.

#36 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

They just need a quirk pass for each variant frankly giving the pod quirks give clan mechs way to much power on what bonus they want. Clan mechs already have great hard point customization they don't need more powerful customization options.

#37 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Not only should they receive a quirk pass, but they need to have a plethora of additional omnipods added.

#38 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hearing there was a "hitreg" fix that makes kitfoxes even squishier is a bit worrying to me, I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Though if you look at the hitboxes for a kitfox you should promtly go "WTF", when you realize a jenner can fit places where it can't, but it's actually lighter than the jenner. It has more in common with a vindicator (45t) and cicada (40t) than it does to IS lights that are HEAVIER than it is. (See: Jenner [35t], Raven [35t], Ember [35t])

To call it squishy by comparison is an understatement.

#39 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostWhoops, on 23 October 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hearing there was a "hitreg" fix that makes kitfoxes even squishier is a bit worrying to me, I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Though if you look at the hitboxes for a kitfox you should promtly go "WTF", when you realize a jenner can fit places where it can't, but it's actually lighter than the jenner. It has more in common with a vindicator (45t) and cicada (40t) than it does to IS lights that are HEAVIER than it is. (See: Jenner [35t], Raven [35t], Ember [35t])

To call it squishy by comparison is an understatement.

It is now indeed paper thin and loses its arms quickly, rendering it worthless. Full 20 armor on the arms wont even stop a dual gauss, let alone the usual laser vomit.

The legs disappear quickly too. It was once a hardly little mech, but now it's too big and too slow.

#40 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yes; also needed to give us a reason to play more than 1 variant and swap out the pods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users