New Match Bonuses

12 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee2X

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Ever since this last patch and the hotfix that followed today i haven't been earning nearly as many cbills as usual why is that?

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Wish they'd just up the assist BACK to 6000 then we'd probably be right but as it stands 12 x 4000 = 48,000 vs 12 x 6000 = 72000 which is 24,000 C-bills more. Which is 1 loss with the new system...

Don't think they've done the real hard maths over time and everyone is to busy farming the bonuses with Narcs and Tags all over the place that I actually got narc'd for what felt like the first time in years (I drop solo because my friends wont play).

Wish they'd consider raising the the difference in bonuses.

There is a huge bandwagon that is offering tissues to whiners and in bulk I hear.

Also we're not playing try hard enough even though 50% of my matches end in 12v2 losses or 12v2 Wins -_-

#3 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

Uuuuh, I'm breaking 2K before Premium and Hero bonus. In a Locust 1V. With Four Machineguns and a TAG.

Posted Image

I:

#4 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostVirtually Dark, on 23 October 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ever since this last patch and the hotfix that followed today i haven't been earning nearly as many cbills as usual why is that?

The new system rewards teamwork so spotting, staying with your lance, etc. earns you more. However, it's open to abuse by players just using TAG and Narc on everything (even if they or their teammates don't have LRMs). Should be fixed soon, though.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

I've gotten more C-bills on a good match and less on really bad matches.

I can still get upwards of 120k on a loss if I work at it, but when you have a complete fail of a match it's often as low as 40k.

There are many NEW rewards to reward you for doing different things, such as sticking to your lance, better bonuses for sptting the enemy, bonuses for flanking an enemy, better cap rewards, and in a lighter mech you get bonuses for sticking to your heavier compatriots.

What kind of mech you run will have an impact on which of the new rewards you can earn, but you should read the list of new rewards and make a conscious effort to collect them (just like before ,you would obviously make an effort to collect kills, assists, and damage)

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostVirtually Dark, on 23 October 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

maybe you are not working WITH your team enough to Earn the bonus you were used to?

#7 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

At first it seemed earnings were lower overall too because I had a really bad match almost out the gate and saw a number of 35k. But after playing a bit more every win I get without premium/hero mech is around 150k, which is a pretty good step up from where it used to be (I used to average like 120ishk on a win) I've even broken 100k on some losses, which almost never happened before.

So let them crunch the numbers but I think you guys are going to be quite shocked when you find out the average payouts have gone up 10-15% or so.

#8 Banshee2X

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 October 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

maybe you are not working WITH your team enough to Earn the bonus you were used to?

I play with 228 and we are very team oriented in battle and i hardly break 100k i make more solo.

#9 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostCavale, on 23 October 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Uuuuh, I'm breaking 2K before Premium and Hero bonus. In a Locust 1V. With Four Machineguns and a TAG.

Posted Image

I:

All that pic tells me is that TAG is being rewarded far too generously, and that the devs forgot that there are other roles than spotter in the game.

#10 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

I see no change in the rewards. Still racking up 250k in my Atlas and other mechs. It just calls for changes in tactics to actually have you fill a role for what you are doing instead of going rambo!

#11 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 24 October 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

All that pic tells me is that TAG is being rewarded far too generously, and that the devs forgot that there are other roles than spotter in the game.

Yeah, seriously...204K for 1k 5ass and 114dmg? yeah, id say something is massively off there lol.

#12 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 October 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

I really hate this argument because it belittles the contributions of players who are working WITH the team, but apparently not in the way deemed worthy of rewards. There are other ways to be a team player other than standing on top of each other the entire time and tagging for fat loots.

#13 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 24 October 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I really hate this argument because it belittles the contributions of players who are working WITH the team, but apparently not in the way deemed worthy of rewards. There are other ways to be a team player other than standing on top of each other the entire time and tagging for fat loots.

Don't mind the broken tape recorder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users