Chassis Leaderboard Challenge

350 replies to this topic

#221 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

lol i read the scoring completely backwards. thought it was 10/kill and 20/assist not the other way around. surprised my score was as high as it was given the streaktaro is not one for kills. in my best ten matches (only played fri and sat- was on the leaderboard til sunday at some point. peaked at 3rd on friday now sitting at 32nd atm) i probably got 1-2 kills, 7-9 assists and 400-600 dmg each but was trying more for assists than kills thanks to my lack of reading comprehension. did have one 4 kill match right off the bat but we lost that one so it probably got bumped in the end.

#222 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

It is an interesting outcome that from a scoring standpoint, there is not a whole lot of difference in the top 10 scores across all the chassis (all pilots within a few hundred points).

I think this indicates there is a limit to how many points you can score against 12 mechs in 15 minutes that is not constrained by the chassis.

Edited by WVAnonymous, 27 October 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#223 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

can't understand why they run this challenge till monday evening.

Just friday -> Sunday, but monday most of us have to work and cannot compete with those who dont have to work.
in my timezone its even worse, its friday to tuesday... I had the 1st place all days, 1 day work = third place :<

stupido!

#224 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

Fantastic challenge !!

Nice split up into every mech chassis !

#225 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

This tourney just gets worse and worse....first match of the day, more FF than enemy fire...

We did win, but I'll bet no one on my team got points because half of them shot me and each other before an enemy was even in visual range.

Way to bring out the absolute best in the player base, grats.

Sorry for the non-productive post, but my patience is nearly gone, and this tourney is just causing infuriatingly terrible game play on all sides.... I'm happy for the random few people who enjoyed themselves this weekend, but I think the majority are either becoming victims of the idiot masses, or are part of those FF spewing masses, so we're seeing this in a different light.

#226 Polecat Z

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

Just following up on some of the predictions and then observations of this type of challenge, let me say that this was one of the least fun weekends of MWO. I thrive on teamwork to achieve an objective, and personally get plenty of satisfaction from a crucial NARC or UAV that turns a match. What we had this weekend wasn't that at all. My friends all played solo, so there was that. But here's an example of a bad match: this was an Alpine Skirmish match. Our side had a total of two ECM mechs. They had nothing to do with the rest of the team, and the rest of us were soon dispatched by LRMs, our plaintive cries notwithstanding. We were then treated to 10-12 minutes of watching these two guys snipe the enemy team down, so we "won." No kind of tournament points for the other 10 of us. Happy to see that one of them placed 3rd in Cicada. Bravo.

So I hope PGI got the data it wanted this weekend. But no varnishing the fact that PGI literally paid these guys to be rotten teammates, to the deteriment of the team experience most of us want. So I'd hope that these experiments are few and far between.

#227 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

I cant tell you how many matches I had with 800-1k damage and 1 kill. Darn near every time I would place a "kill shot" some ones LRMs would steal it away lol I can't stand Tourney weekends for this reason. The LRM spam is kind of annoying.

I have never really cared one way or another what has happened with LRMs. I have well over 1 mill XP and have done a total of 4k damage with all of them (Clan, IS, Artemis combined). So I'm not a huge LRM user. One thing i have been noticing in games with lots of LRM is the non existence of LOS. I see no rhyme or reason beyond getting a lock and near guaranteed hit.(I can barely even take cover in maps like Canyons)

Im especially driven nuts when in an Assault and turn into a spotter during a brawl. Why do LRMS hit so accurately when there is so much in the way between the target and the player firing? I don't mind the support i guess but usually I try not to put myself into spots where i need LRM support in a brawl.

Edited by Conjure, 27 October 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#228 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostKodyn, on 27 October 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

This tourney just gets worse and worse....first match of the day, more FF than enemy fire...

We did win, but I'll bet no one on my team got points because half of them shot me and each other before an enemy was even in visual range.

Way to bring out the absolute best in the player base, grats.

Sorry for the non-productive post, but my patience is nearly gone, and this tourney is just causing infuriatingly terrible game play on all sides.... I'm happy for the random few people who enjoyed themselves this weekend, but I think the majority are either becoming victims of the idiot masses, or are part of those FF spewing masses, so we're seeing this in a different light.

The enjoyment has passed for me. Now it's dogged fatigue and determination. I kinda want to run something else.

I have had more 5 kill 3 assist 1000 damage losses and similar than ever this weekend.

Edited by Macksheen, 27 October 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#229 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostFrytrixa, on 27 October 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

can't understand why they run this challenge till monday evening.

Just friday -&gt; Sunday, but monday most of us have to work and cannot compete with those who dont have to work.
in my timezone its even worse, its friday to tuesday... I had the 1st place all days, 1 day work = third place :&lt;

stupido!

Just looked at the times again. So it doesn't end till 3 am EST tomorrow? I didn't actually pay any attention to the end date and assumed it would end today at the same time it started. I'll be able to get some more games in tonight then.

#230 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

I have a lot of patience for this game, since I truly do love it.

Learning to truly despise these weekend events, however, can't help it. Fun stopped friday night for me.

I just can't seem to find getting shot in the back, having teammates basically group hug me into being unable to move, overall idiotic tactics and solo rushes, and in the background, a tourney that PENALIZES TEAM DAMAGE and REWARDS TEAM WINS that for some reason is inciting everyone to play with their heads fully ensconced in their own rectums fun.

I must be crazy, dunno why i can't derive enjoyment from this.

#231 Kossi

• Pip
  • Big Daddy
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

BULL***T!!! Last "tournament" for me. V***u pitäkää tunkkinne!

Edited by Kossi, 27 October 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#232 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

I'd also like to say I despise the tourneys and challenges.

I play this game for team play and the challenges and tourney ruin that for me every weekend.

Please remove the requirement for solo play or anything that says how many people we can drop with so these events stop turning this into an antisocial platform.

#233 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

I'm in another time zone, is it finally over now ?

anyway the more I played and the more I saw ppl cursing into frustration, I think I will always play assaults in tournies like this if the formula doesn't change, having 4 LRM assaults is just too sad, at last I'm gonna bring some proper one next time.

#234 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

It is not over yet fx8320... ENDS: MONDAY OCTOBER 27th 11:59:59 PM (PDT).

I look forward to them doing an updated scoring system and maybe some format tweaks in the future. Not sure why they are not already just using a match score based scoring system, with some accounting for a couple variables that may need considering.

I decided to opt in Friday although I only played a few hours Friday night and maybe a dozen drops Saturday night in a Banshee. Just picked them up about 2 weeks ago and been grinding them to skill them up.

Little burnt out after the last 2 tournaments and doubt I will stay on the leaderboard this one since I did not play any Sunday or yet today with work. Might be able to get in a couple matches after work but I am not to worried about it either way.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 27 October 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#235 MercilessTRADER

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Though I like the leaderboards and competition. There needs to be a separate matching for Tournament's eventually. Hopefully CW solves this..

#236 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

At this point if they run anything remotely like this again, I wish they would just be honest up front, and instead of calling it a "Tournament", they just tell us "Hey, we're going to run a weekend-long social experiment on you guys, see how enraged and infuriated we can get our players at each other and us."

If they would just give tourneys their own queue, so it really is opt-in, and not half tourney, half Pugglefish, then those of us that have learned the hard way how horrible participating in these events can be can truly "opt-out". As-is, even if we had been smart enough to not opt-in to begin with, we'd still be stuck dealing with this level of game play all weekend.

Please stop ruining whole weekends of game time Devs, I beg you. Those of us that got burned the first few times will hopefully have learned from our mistakes, and will avoid further events if you kindly put them in their own queue. Or you could fix them, so they don't promote such poor play, but that's a whole other project, so i think just separating event people from everyone else is an easier short-term fix.

#237 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

It's not all that surprising that the overall leader at the moment is a whale (at >2500 pts)... but #3 is a JENNER!!! (just edging out a TBR).

*edit* correction: top 2 whales are 1 and 2 overall, followed by STC, then JR7

Edited by Blalok, 27 October 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#238 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

Kind of agree on that.

I had several matches in my DWFs that were 1000+ dmg and 3+ kills/4+ assists that went down the drain because most of the team wasn't interested in the tournament. When they don't care to play hard and thus don't execute, why should players that are playing specifically for the tournament be penalized?

#239 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 27 October 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Kind of agree on that.

I had several matches in my DWFs that were 1000+ dmg and 3+ kills/4+ assists that went down the drain because most of the team wasn't interested in the tournament. When they don't care to play hard and thus don't execute, why should players that are playing specifically for the tournament be penalized?

I had 6 Kills and would have been 5 assist, had advantage 3v2 against enemy, I was pretty banged up, rushed their guy and ran around for team mate to LRM him to soften him up and he decided to try and shoot the mech across the map. and then they decided to target the mech down the hill and let that guy just walk right up and shoot...then shoot some more and keep doing it basically standing there.

Had another where I sat there drawing a raven out to shoot me and the ember(with arm lock on I discovered) that was alive decided to chase a Cicada up a hill. That one stung too.

Aye I had team mates that refused to hunt the last guy down and wanted to cap even though I said it would mess with tournament points etc.

Of course it was a simple "PLAY SKIRMISH ONLY THEN", Alrighty then I'll go make MM take forever to find a match then drop in and help stomp a team due to MM spreading out elo matching then look for them on forums complaining about balance.

#240 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

as easy as it can be, match score = your score, and you get to keep top 10 scores.

would make things MUCH better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users