Full List Of Mech Quirks From The Test Server.

244 replies to this topic

#241 Scipio Nostra

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

No (ER-)PPC quirks on the K2 or the Jester?
No (U-)AC-5 quirks on the Ilya?

*sigh*

#242 YueFei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 01 November 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

If they gave HBK an engine cap of 300 it would stop sucking on manueverabilty and they would not have to do the band-aid fixes

I don't want a higher engine cap. Maneuverability isn't all about raw straight-line speed. I wish the thing could turn faster, especially when it's standing still.

With a 275-rated engine, a HBK takes 2.85 seconds to turn 180 if you're standing completely still. A 300-rated engine would shave that down to 2.61 seconds. It'd help, but not by much.

I remember in Mechwarrior 2, cutting throttle *dramatically* increased your rate-of-turn. I don't know why that isn't the case in MWO.

I don't mind that the HBK turns slowly at full sprint, but I hate how it handles at low speeds. You'd think it'd maneuver responsively at low throttle, in a mech built for urban combat.

#243 Errinovar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostDocBach, on 30 October 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

It's not really a meta shift though -- outside a couple of chassis with the perks, the LB-X is still a garbage weapon.

I find that the lb-x is more a factor of how you use it, rather than it being a garbage weapon. Of course I could be wrong, but I did manage to get my Ace of Spades piloting a JM6-S using 2 lb-x, 4 ml, and 2 mg. 8 kills, 1 assist, 761 damage, 13 components destroyed, match score 109.

#244 Cuthawolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Very pleased with the perk lists overall. Kind of interesting to see some mechs get fluff appropriate quirks and others to get popular meta quirks (like Ballistic for the K2...sigh). I also like that you don't HAVE to change your existing builds if you don't want to, it just gives advantages to other things.

#245 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostAleski, on 30 October 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Catapult K2 : A lot of people will hate these quirks. Why not the PPCs on this one? This chassis is designed to use them. Odd...

I agree. A lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users