Where Is That Topic With The List Of Quirks From Russ?

8 replies to this topic

#1 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Title says it all.

I looked all over and didn't see it.

#2 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...he-test-server/

ta daaa

#3 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

This one's better: the ENTIRE list of IS quirks got leaked.

https://docs.google....&pli=1&sle=true

Edited by DEMAX51, 31 October 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#4 Mathium

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

The original was under the command chair section entitled October Road map http://mwomercs.com/...tober-road-map/ . But the above link above does seem to be accurate and current compared to what Russ said in his post and the ones from the latest NGNG quirk preview videos.

#5 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostMathium, on 31 October 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

The original was under the command chair section entitled October Road map http://mwomercs.com/...tober-road-map/ . But the above link above does seem to be accurate and current compared to what Russ said in his post and the ones from the latest NGNG quirk preview videos.

This is the one I was looking for.

Thanks

#6 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

looked though both Russ' and then the chart above and am disappointed to see the ERPPC and PPC being differentiated.

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 31 October 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

looked though both Russ' and then the chart above and am disappointed to see the ERPPC and PPC being differentiated.

I can understand why you feel that way, but it makes sense to me to break them up.

Look at the quirks for the Awesome-8Q, for instance. 25% less heat for PPCs (along with all of the other PPC buffs it's getting) is going to make that 'Mech a serious contender as a sniper - but to compensate for that, there's the fact that the standard PPC has the 90m minimum range. If the buffs applied to ERPPCs too, it COULD use 3 ERPPCs and be excellent at sniping and brawling (like the Dragon Slayer used to be). That would likely result in the 'Mech being borderline OP.

Edited by DEMAX51, 31 October 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#8 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 31 October 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

I can understand why you feel that way, but it makes sense to me to break them up.

Look at the quirks for the Awesome-8Q, for instance. 25% less heat for PPCs (along with all of the other PPC buffs it's getting) is going to make that 'Mech a serious contender - but to compensate for that, there's the fact that the standard PPC has the 90m minimum range. If the buffs applied to ERPPCs too, it COULD use 3 ERPPCs and be excellent at sniping and brawling (like the Dragon Slayer used to be). That would probably put it into the realm of the OP.

its still a barn door. Lights get inside of 90m and you are dead without those ERs.

#9 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 31 October 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

its still a barn door. Lights get inside of 90m and you are dead without those ERs.

Well, as for the barn door thing, that's why it's getting an extra 20% internal structure HP on its CT, and an extra 15% on each of its STs.

And as for the Lights thing: I don't see how that's a problem. No one 'Mech should be able to do everything; there have to be counters. And: first the Light actually has to get within 90 meters, while all the Awesome pilot has to do is hit one of the Lights legs once with an Alpha Strike to pretty much put it down. Plus - somebody on the Awesome's team should be nearby to support him if a Light tries to move in. Again - no one 'Mech should be able to do everything on its own.

Edited by DEMAX51, 31 October 2014 - 12:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users