Stop Taking This Game So Seriously

75 replies to this topic

#21 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostFr0z7y, on 31 October 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

when i see you piloting a clan mech in an is house, i want to tk you ( want being the key word here )... house kurita, pilot is mechs, stop piloting clan mechs, u want to be all formal about stuff, stop piloting stuff on your kurita account thats not kurita..

Why so serious? You shouldn't take the game so serious. If you can't play a game without telling someone what to do, you have your priorities ALL WRONG. If you tell someone what to do, then TK them for piloting the "wrong" mech, maybe you should wear a helmet. I'm dissatisfied with the people who post on the forums.

View Postjellard, on 01 November 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Well to answer the question about house units with Clan mechs its called Salvage. I've read the books and it wasn't uncommon for house units to have a couple of clan mech's and loading up their mechs with clan tech. So that's the serious part of the answer the fun part is...its a game so who cares who pilots what. :D

Hell, Kurita was the FIRST house to secure clan Omnis at the battle of Wolcott (I think that was the one...)

#22 Silversynch

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

I think OP will be really happy with Community Warfare faction restraints.
But really, if you think not roleplaying your house is grounds for a TK, you need to play a different game.
Stop being so serious, OP.

Edited by Silversynch, 01 November 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#23 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:44 PM

definitely trolling.. wanted to see what yall could come up with. but no, seriously on a competitive note, clan mechs are the best in game, but you know, whatever, it's a game. i had fun reading your comments ;p thanks!!!

#24 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostFr0z7y, on 01 November 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

definitely trolling.. wanted to see what yall could come up with. but no, seriously on a competitive note, clan mechs are the best in game, but you know, whatever, it's a game. i had fun reading your comments ;p thanks!!!

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:
  • Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
  • Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

#25 Yuuji0832

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

Lol a troll at best, a huge hypocrite at worst...

Though I will say, in all of the games I have played, never have I ever met such an intense and flame-prone player base (at least in matches. I have gone game after game where someone starts talking **** before the match even freaking starts). Especially considering that at this point in the games development, an individual match means absolutely nothing to anyone at all lol.

#26 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostMordale, on 31 October 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Its a Game,..HAVE FUN!

Burn!!!

gaming is for pure epeen comparison, didn't you knew that? gaming scene is changed since the "free pr0n here connections" went into every household

Edited by Lily from animove, 01 November 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Well.. The OP was a bit confusing.. Is he saying that we should not RP (aka take the game seriously) or that should all properly RP ? I have seen different comments .. :huh:

#28 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

From what I can tell, this guy, Froz7y, doesn't like the lore behind the game and he wants to punish the people who came here for the I.P. and not for just another stompy robot shoot'em'up like he did?

#29 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

well apparently i didn't quite explain myself very well on any account. honestly, and this isn't repeating or trolling, even house kurita couldn't get these mechs this early, no house did, as the clans rolled over them and there were very few battles that were even won to acquire the tech (that being the lore side). the other side of it is that you know, i dont care to explain myself any further. if i a moderator/gm could either lock or erase this post as there is no point in going further with this as it seems no one understands me. no reason to try.

#30 Deathsiege

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBay Area CA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

I am not associated with kurita but I do agree with the op that when I'm running pugs there is a lot of rage going on usually starting with the first one to die. My (least) favorite is the dead backseat driver trying to tell me how to pilot my mech from spectator mode. These folks really need to go back to wow or swtor and leave the grown-ups alone. Now back to your regularly scheduled match...

#31 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Someone has their panties in a wad...

#32 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostFr0z7y, on 02 November 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

no one understands me. no reason to try.

Truth

#33 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:30 PM

So is this guy trolling or not? Because even he seems to have difficulty telling whether he is or not.

#34 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostAlexander MacTaggart, on 31 October 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

I agree.

Posted Image

So is that like peach or seashell pink? I think peach has a darker hue :P

I want to paint my Direwhale this colour and really bring some fear to the battlefield.

#35 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

Wish I knew why OP joined the Kurita in the first place, but my guess will be - because they are Japanese and this is so coool...
P.S. I feel disturbance in the force, we might have a real Eric Cartman personality on board.

#36 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 02 November 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

So is that like peach or seashell pink? I think peach has a darker hue :P

I want to paint my Direwhale this colour and really bring some fear to the battlefield.

It's 'Terra Cotta' (in the Reds section) with Titanium White as the secondary color.

It's actually not that bright in most matches, it looks kind of a salmon color - I think there was a brighter/pinker option I passed because it looked TOO light, but since it looks darker on most maps that might be a better option (but I'm in no hurry to spend more MC).

#37 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

dude remove your self from my house you are an insult to the DCMS. "I want to kill house pilots in clan mechs stay out of mechs that aren't part of your house" shut the duck up. you tell people not to take this game serious than you make your self a hypocrite by telling us not to run clan mechs because we have IS tags? who are you to tell any one what they can or can't run in? IF this were a Battletech RPG than maybe but this is its a shooter game. hell this game doesn't even separate clans from IS. so really get over seeing a inner sphere in a clan mech or a clanner in a IS mech.

#38 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

Mechwarrior is serious business.
If not just go play tetris

#39 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 02 November 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

dude remove your self from my house you are an insult to the DCMS
Technically speaking ... once you remove the roleplaying, what exactly is "the DCMS"?

#40 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 02 November 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Mechwarrior is serious business.
If not just go play tetris

but tetris is even more serious, go spaceshuttle or go home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users