Srms Are Still Broken

14 replies to this topic

#1 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Seriously? I am so completely sick and disgusted with this. years and years of these SRM missiles being completely worthless and apparently they still do not work properly. I remember the fix that went in recently that seemed to fix them for a grand total of one patch but they're back to being completely unreliable and do no damage. I absolutely plastered a timber wolf point blank in the ass with 3xsrm6 twice and didn't even eat through the ARMOR of my target. Why is this STILL an issue?

Edited by Rasako, 01 November 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#2 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Wat da

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Concidering how successful the SSRM stormcrow does, I haven't had any real problems with SRMs myself. Are you sure it isnt your ping?

I mean a lot of weapons right now, and by a lot I mean all of them, are having hit reg issues recently. at a high enough ping your shots will actually go completely through a target. I've seen ac20 rounds soar right through an atlas and hit the wall behind him.

#4 Spydaz

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

I've had the same issue. Sometimes they seem to simply not register. Others times, they're spot on. And I've had the same experience. Right after the fix was patched, it was fantastic. Then at some point, stopped being reliable.

Edit: also, my ping sits around 35-40. I assume it isn't happening because of my ping.

Edited by Spydaz, 01 November 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#5 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostRasako, on 01 November 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Seriously? I am so completely sick and disgusted with this. years and years of these SRM missiles being completely worthless and apparently they still do not work properly. I remember the fix that went in recently that seemed to fix them for a grand total of one patch but they're back to being completely unreliable and do no damage. I absolutely plastered a timber wolf point blank in the ass with 3xsrm6 twice and didn't even eat through the ARMOR of my target. Why is this STILL an issue?

I've had a lot not register at all when Im literaly behind a mech firing at the CT. My ping is typically below 100ms.

Edited by mogs01gt, 01 November 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#6 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

Well their ping is also a problem as well. another problem might be desync issues. running into a friendly mech with high ping can actually cause hit reg problems later on in the game. to the point of seeming invulnerability.

Edited by Brody319, 01 November 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#7 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Most of my games are with my Oxide. Some games it feels like there are no problems, other games I can pound the same mech many times over with limited results and a damage score much less than I expected. Doesn't happen that often though to be of serious concern.

Am based in Australia so ping is something which could be an issue but because I use the mech so much you know when things are not right at times, especially when results vary throughout the same gaming period.

Cheers
Eboli.

#8 mindwarp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

Don't alpha SRMs. Chainfiring them seems to avoid the hit reg issues.

#9 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

I noticed they are wonky under 30m

MAY have something to do with hardpoint placement and line of fire at point blank range.

#10 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

View Postmindwarp, on 01 November 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Don't alpha SRMs. Chainfiring them seems to avoid the hit reg issues.

Unless you are close to overheating an Oxide's purpose is to alpha and move on asap :)

#11 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

I have no problems with SRMs registering when I'm piloting my Anansi, JR7-D, JR7-D(S), or JR7-K. I don't carry SRMs on anything else I regularly pilot. Streaks work fine on my other 'Mechs. My ping is usually in the low 30s.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 01 November 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#12 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

Srm still semi broken. Confirmed.

#13 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

SRM worked when the damage was something like 2.5 per missile and they had overlap explosive radius. Now that was a weapon worth its weight.

We really need to bring back the strength of brawling weapons because most everyone just plays long range. Leave the clan SRM at its current damage because it weighs less.

#14 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

I dunno, I run SRMs on every mech I own that has missile slots, and for the most part they're great.

I do get pretty bad hit issues every now and then though; most of the time the missiles seem to hit just fine, but maybe one in five or six shots seems to deal almost no damage even on stationary/shutdown targets at <30m. The problem is particularly noticeable on lighter mechs, where 30 SRMs impacting at 10m barely yellow armor and do 2-5% damage.

#15 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

I've had no problem with SRMs. My ping is 150-160

I thought this was going to be a thread about how boating SRM6+Artemis on fast mechs is ridiculously powerful.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 01 November 2014 - 10:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users