27 replies to this topic

#1 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

with the event im very close to buying a 15,000 GXP skill Mod what should i get I run a Raven 3L ECM 99 % of thee time or my Huggin with X 2 6 srm's any suggestions?

Posted Image

#2 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

arty or air strike + more shells and tighter group

#3 Chadamir Fitzkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Radar Deprivation or Target Info Gathering. Those are my 2 go-tos

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Adv. Seismic and Radar Deprivation are the best mech modules.

#5 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

View Postkosmos1214, on 02 November 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

arty or air strike + more shells and tighter group

If I get adv. air strike do I half to refill with MC or C-bills?

#6 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Upgrade the Flamer Cooldown and Range all the way

#7 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 02 November 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

I 2nd this, in places with lots of cover like all the maps with buildings detecting a massive zerg of enemys round that corner or inside that cave/tunnel and being able to run away unharmed while also telling your team is so much more important than things like ecm or tag to me in terms of information warfare.

#8 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

First module, get radar dep.. It is a module you will use on most mechs.. Then buy your SRM cool down, and maybe ML extenders if you use them on your ravens. they are cost 3500 GXP to unlock. 3m to buy.

Seismic i would grab second, as it works great on tons of mechs..

Down the road up-grade your consumables.. If you get into LRM or snipers, range increase, target retention.. Info gathering is another good one.

#9 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 02 November 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Guy's thanks but I have all the smaller cost stuff adv. seismic,radar dep, gathering so on Im talking about the higher price ones like adv. air strike or adv artillery, hill climbing the ones that are 15000 GXP...

Edited by dr lao, 02 November 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#10 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

View Postdr lao, on 02 November 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Guy's thanks but I have all the smaller cost stuff adv. seismic,radar dep, gathering so on Im talking about the higher price ones like adv. air strike or adv artillery, hill climbing the ones that are 15000 GXP...

have you maxed out a uav yet? it is the one consumable that I have on every mech and it is set to auto resupply, works wonders if you have detected that blob of mechs like i was saying before with seismic.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

View Postdr lao, on 02 November 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Oh, then consumables or the weapon mods for the ERLLs you use all the time.

#12 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 02 November 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

have you maxed out a uav yet? it is the one consumable that I have on every mech and it is set to auto resupply, works wonders if you have detected that blob of mechs like i was saying before with seismic.

that sounds good could help the hole team that way

Posted Image

#13 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

Don't get airstrike if you don't plan on spamming it.

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Here's my diatribe on modules based on my personal experiences, take it for what you will:

Arty strike: I get Improved Artillary Strike, but I do not get Artillary Accuracy. The Accuracy modules makes the affected area smaller and as a result you're less likely to hit mechs. It's a 50/50 decision whether you get it or not, your pick: hit more mechs, or inflict more pain on a smaller number of them with more chance of missing altogether. I'd rather not risk missing, personally.

Airstrike: I don't use this because it's a lot easier to dodge and it's a lot more circumstantial. At 169kph I don't have the time to line up an Airstrike properly without getting killed.

Radar Deprivation: I never put this on ECM mechs, it's practically a waste. I only put it on light mechs and it's non-negotiable. If you're in a Jenner or Locust (or Huginn), I would say it's a must have.

Target Info Gathering: I put this on all my mechs.

Hill Climb: this is a must for my Locusts. If you have room for it on your Cicadas and Ravens, I'd put it there, too. I don't use it for anything else at the moment.

Target Decay: haven't bothered (with the number of people running radar derp, it won't be useful all the time)

Seismic Sensor: haven't bothered with this either - in my light mechs I'm almost always moving. If I need to see around a corner, I'll pop my UAV for that. If I drove sub-86kph mechs I'd probably consider this module, but I don't. Gotta Go Fast. =P

Advanced Zoom: I don't like it at all. I got it for my guass jager - it was my first module and I haven't used it since like day one. Personal taste, I suppose.

360 Target Retention: haven't tried this - I brawl a lot, but I've never had a problem with target retention on my six, so I haven't bothered with this module.

Cap Acceleration: I will get this eventually, but I haven't bothered yet because I find the combat modules to be more critical.

Sensor range: haven't got it yet simply because I haven't noticed very many instances where the range increase would do me any good. It's on my list, though, I'll get it eventually.

Cool shots: personal taste - I used to use these, but I've dropped them in favour of just being more careful with heat management. They only grant you ~1 extra alpha before shutdown... once. So I used them for a while and didn't find them that important.

UAV range and duration: I get the range improvement, but I haven't bothered with the duration improvement - people will find and shoot a UAV down nine times out of ten before it expires, so I haven't bothered spending the GXP on increased duration.

LRM range: don't bother - if you're lobbing missles at 1000m then you're probably not hitting anything anyways.
SRM range: don't bother - if you lobbing missles at the max range for SRMs, then you're spreading your damage too much.

LRM/SRM cooldown: go for it.

Narc module: get it if you use Narc.

If you use LPLas at all, get the LPLas modules.
MLas: I'd say you should own this sooner or later.

Edited by Tarogato, 02 November 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#15 Lhaim

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

Seismic and Radar Derp on everything.

#16 Fireman Sam

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:51 AM

Get the UAV upgrades, using UAV:s will help you grind GXP.

#17 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

View Postdr lao, on 02 November 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

If I get adv. air strike do I half to refill with MC or C-bills?

yes, andy consumables still need purchasing per use regardless of any modules you have

if you get advanced/improved consumable this does not stack with the MC consumable, all it does is upgrade the Cbill version to simular usefulness as the MC version (not this is not the case for the accuracy modules)

#18 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

Do not use Radar Derp on ECM mechs; waste of GXP.

As a light I'd go with Seismic->strikes->UAV

#19 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

I like Target Info Gathering the best. I brawl, so that little edge of knowing where my opponents armor is the weakest or already open is worth the GXP and 4 Million C-Bills to me. It's also helpful when paired with BAP. I get super fast lock on times when running SSRMs or the occasional LRM loadout. I get bored of brawling sometimes and LRMs gives me a break.

Adv Seismic is my next favorite. I like knowing what's around the corner before I turn.

Adv UAV and Coolshot tie for #3 on my list. I refuse to spam Art and Air strikes, so UAV and Cool shot are the only consumables that interest me. So these modules are default in the consumable dept.

People rave about the Radar Derp module, but I have yet to try it. I try to use cover instead. That frees up my second Mech slot for Adv Seismic instead.

Jody

#20 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 03 November 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I like Target Info Gathering the best. I brawl, so that little edge of knowing where my opponents armor is the weakest or already open is worth the GXP and 4 Million C-Bills to me. It's also helpful when paired with BAP. I get super fast lock on times when running SSRMs or the occasional LRM loadout. I get bored of brawling sometimes and LRMs gives me a break.

Adv Seismic is my next favorite. I like knowing what's around the corner before I turn.

Adv UAV and Coolshot tie for #3 on my list. I refuse to spam Art and Air strikes, so UAV and Cool shot are the only consumables that interest me. So these modules are default in the consumable dept.

People rave about the Radar Derp module, but I have yet to try it. I try to use cover instead. That frees up my second Mech slot for Adv Seismic instead.

Jody

Radar Derp + Seismic are now my go to's, where I used to use Target Info Gathering like you. It gives you a huge advantage when lrms are incoming in terms of having more time to get a shot off and back out before getting hit. Though obviously the faster your mech is the less you need this, so running Light mechs isn't as useful, but I would still recommend for anything running under 120kph or so.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 03 November 2014 - 07:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users