27 replies to this topic

#21 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:07 AM

If you do any running around in assault or conquest, I'd go with Cap Accelerator, especially on your 3L.

#22 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

Radar derp.

#23 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

Seismic. Watch the flashy flashy red circles. Prosper.

#24 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

I find it really amusing the number of people who suggest either Radar Deprevation or Seismic. Note that the OP said 99% of the time he's in a 3L. No need at all for radar derp on a mech with ECM, and because Seismic only works when you stop moving, I'd suggest avoiding that as well. If you're stopping in a light for extended periods, you're doing it wrong.

#25 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

View Postdr lao, on 02 November 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

If I get adv. air strike do I half to refill with MC or C-bills?
its the cbill one with the arty upgrade it will fire10 shells for 35 dmg ea like the mc arty strike

View Postdr lao, on 02 November 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

that sounds good could help the hole team that way

Posted Image

love the metal slug sprite

#26 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Not sure which costs what in the line of GXP for Modules but I normally carry Artillery Strike, UAV and Seismic on my 'mechs. I haven't earned enough C-Bills to buy the weapon modules but the cooldown types seem like a good idea.

I've seen people use the Advanced Zoom Module and it gives you way too much tunnel vision making your situational awareness suffer a bit. (I've spectated players using that and over half the time they get slaughtered 'cause they stay in one spot too long while using the Adv Zoom.)

Someone asked about if you have to use MC to restock the certain Modules you must spend to buy them and I believe the answer would be "Yes" but I could be wrong and the MC is just for the original purchase of it.

#27 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

Typically speaking you want to spend your first rounds of 15k on Consumable improvements (Most people take artie / airstrike improvements.)

The reason for this is mostly because other modules like Radar Dep, and seismic, while very powerful, are super expensive modules to purchase. (both coming in at 6 million.)

6 Mil is enough to get you an entirely new mech frame when you are just starting out, so consumable perks can immediately give you more "bang for your buck," while allowing you to keep your 6 mil for mech frames and frame upgrades. Which in the end is going to do MUCH more for you then any other pilot upgrade.

Radar Dep and seismic are among the first mods you should shoot for, but not at the expense of getting a stable of mechs that you can Elite and Master, and upgrading the frames accordingly. (Which will do MUCH more for you in the early game.)

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

View Postdr lao, on 02 November 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

with the event im very close to buying a 15,000 GXP skill Mod what should i get I run a Raven 3L ECM 99 % of thee time or my Huggin with X 2 6 srm's any suggestions?

Seismic if not already.
Range extension for SRMs?
Advanced sensor range (good for spotting bonuses).
Target Retention and/or Target Decay (good for streak use!)
Any MG-related buffs (lets be honest, MG Crit rates are OP; AC/20s fry in less than a second to well placed quad MG setups once you can get through the armor).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users