#161 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostStrikeshadow, on 08 November 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

There is a button for quote at the bottom.

Friend of mine just got Win8.1

Using IE on it - the quote button hasn't been working

#162 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 November 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Friend of mine just got Win8.1
Using IE on it - the quote button hasn't been working

Not that it's particularly worthwhile, but if you do want to quote someone, you can do it manually. Copy this text and update the "t=" and "qpid=" sections, then paste it in your address bar. You might even be able to copy the link directly from the quote button if it's resolved properly.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=68&t=176988&qpid=3895101

The important bit is: t=176988&qpid=3895101

"t" is topic ID, It's the number right after /topic/ and before the first - and the title, in the topic's url.
"qpid" is the quote's post id. This can be found on the post number on the top right of each post. It's the last number in the url after __p__.

It is a long way around, but it'll work for when you just have to quote someone.
Even better, you could send them to www.getfirefox.com for a major upgrade. :D

Edited by MadLibrarian, 09 November 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#163 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 08 November 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

PC's owner won't touch the fox with a 35.5 foot pole. :rolleyes:

And as far as manually quoting.... at that typing speed (which only seems to hit when using the internet oddly enough) by the time I get it typed out, I'd be lucky to remember what I was saying. :ph34r:

Just won't be typing much on the forum when I use that PC until I can figure out why and FIX it.

#164 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 November 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

You've probably already tried compatibility mode, if that's still a thing, but if not it's worth a shot.

Maybe Opera or Chrome? They could be installed and forced to never be default. Or even better firefox portable! :D
http://portableapps....irefox_portable
You can extract it to a flash drive, or even your phone. Just plug it in to the pc, navigate to it's directory, copy it to the pc (for performance), and voila! It won't be the default browser, and you can delete it from the pc when you are done. I wish I had remembered that one first. :P

#165 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 08 November 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

You've probably already tried compatibility mode, if that's still a thing, but if not it's worth a shot.

I used to have FF installed on a flash drive, and I will probably have to do that again

He is an older guy, and his distrust of the other browsers is one of his biggest faults
(and oh, if we could all say that about ourselves! :lol:)
Not usually something that bothers me that much, and not something that hard to work around.
Just a little irritating :rolleyes:
(And I mean that "little" bit litterally)

#166 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 08 November 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

Go Chrome or go home, imo...

I have to use all of the big three as part of my job, and while Firefox was king for a couple years, it has gotten as bloated as IE used to be. IE has made a lot of improvements, but is still the weird uncle leering at you from the corner: he came with the family, but you definitely do not want to trust him...

#167 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 08 November 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Btw, I am a diehard PC owner and have used Firefox and Chrome for many years. I especially like Chrome because it syncs all of my devices - so I never have to worry about whether I bring it up on my PC, iPhone, laptop or iPad - and works wonderfully with Chromecast to send anything to my tv with the push of a button! I love technology :-D

#168 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 04 November 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Spoiler

Feedback to PGI on quirks:
Some things done very right; some very wrong.

I'll try to keep this short and concise.

Structural upgrades to mechs that visually display such (for example Hunchback, Dragon, Thunderbolt, Atlas) was definitely the right choice.

All upgrades to mech yaw speed was a productive choice.

Both Clan and IS weapons ranges need to be pulled back to the Lore range for ALL weapons. Any mods to this in MWO should be via modules only
(And TBH all weapon modules should be thrown out though I doubt that will ever happen).

It is not BattleTech logical for any weapons to have a range beyond their "max range."

The game goes for weapon fire rates: keep them within the guidelines set forth by the TROs the same for all mechs as set forth by their tech tree.
A weapon that fires faster "just because it is mounted on a certain mech" is not the same weapon that is on all the other mechs even though it is supposed to be. Please fix.

I do not recall ever having read any BattleTech book that gave certain mechs a faster weapon recharge rate or fire rate. Therefore those buffs should be removed from game (and again, those modules should be pulled from MWO as well).

*Certain mechs that are basically built around one a specific weapon system, a system in which they are famous for, should have some sort of buff related to this system; so for those mech quirks PGI implemented that was a big step in the right direction.
However granting weapons quirks to as many mechs that received them was a step in the wrong direction.

*The Awesome is a very good example. Since this mech is built around PPCs, it makes Battletech sense that it can fire these weapons without overheating as fast as other mechs.
Less heat production from PPCs and quicker PPC heat dissipation were smart choices for quirks for Awesomes, from a BattleTech logic standpoint.

Overall PGI is doing a good job of making MWO and enjoyable succession in the MechWarrior series and looking forward to future content :)

[Edited to add line-out comment(s) and the very last sentence]

Edited by HeroForHire, 11 November 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#169 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Swamp is looking good (did anyone else see what looks like giant dead bugs in the swamp?)

#170 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostHimseIf, on 09 November 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

Swamp is looking good (did anyone else see what looks like giant dead bugs in the swamp?)
looked like giant crab legs to me... Which, honestly, is a little too goofy IMO

#171 Volkodav

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostColby Boucher, on 10 November 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

looked like giant crab legs to me... Which, honestly, is a little too goofy IMO

Dead reptile will be better!

#172 Strikeshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostHeroForHire, on 09 November 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Feedback to PGI on quirks:
Some things done very right; some very wrong.

I'll try to keep this short and concise.

Structural upgrades to mechs that visually display such (for example Hunchback, Dragon, Thunderbolt, Atlas) was definitely the right choice.

All upgrades to mech yaw speed was a productive choice.

Both Clan and IS weapons ranges need to be pulled back to the Lore range for ALL weapons. Any mods to this in MWO should be via modules only
(And TBH all weapon modules should be thrown out though I doubt that will ever happen).

It is not BattleTech logical for any weapons to have a range beyond their "max range."

The game goes for weapon fire rates: keep them within the guidelines set forth by the TROs.
I do not recall ever having read any BattleTech book that gave certain mechs a faster weapon recharge rate or fire rate. Therefore those buffs should be removed from game (and again, those modules should be pulled from MWO as well).

*Certain mechs that are basically built around one a specific weapon system, a system in which they are famous for, should have some sort of buff related to this system; so for those mech quirks PGI implemented that was a big step in the right direction.
However granting weapons quirks to as many mechs that received them was a step in the wrong direction.

*The Awesome is a very good example. Since this mech is built around PPCs, it makes Battletech sense that it can fire these weapons without overheating as fast as other mechs.
Less heat production from PPCs and quicker PPC heat dissipation were smart choices for quirks for Awesomes, from a BattleTech logic standpoint.

I agree, most of the modules should just be automatic or upgrades on certain mechs. They shouldn't require hardpoint slots or tonnage either. I also like the idea of buffs to certain mechs regarding their special weapons.

Edited by Strikeshadow, 10 November 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#173 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:34 AM

Should have been there since the beginning. In fact, there are some of the "original" mechs in the game that are still waiting for a visual pass....if not a complete overhauling of how they operate mechanically. Such as the Stalker's missile bays. But, yeah, it's kinda cool to see some of the mechs working the way they're supposed to in the 'lab.

Well....that's kind of right. I remember that in the beginning, there were Short, Medium and Long ranges. Then, at some point, "Extreme" range came into play.

I get what PGI did, at least as far as the ballistics go. A projectile, at least a solid one, loses momentum as it travels. Eventually, it won't have enough energy to hurt anything. Even the missile thing makes sense...noone wants to clean up unexploded ordnance, so they explode after hitting "max range." But energy weapons? Yeah, I don't know.

But you're right about one thing...they need to pull in some of the extended ranges. Until they do that, it's going to continue to be an LRM/Sniper fest in the solo queue.

The same goes for weapon fire rates: keep them within the guidelines set forth by the TROs the same for all mechs as set forth by their tech tree.
A weapon that fires faster "just because it is mounted on a certain mech" is not the same weapon that is on all the other mechs even though it is supposed to be. Please fix.

Actually, check out the "Solaris VII" tabletop rules. MW:O is FAR closer to Solaris VII than it is to BT. In the BT rules, each round lasts 10 seconds and every weapon can be fired once per round. In Solaris rules, each round is chopped into 4 parts (we'll refer to them as "segments").

Each weapon has a different recharge rate. Some take 4 segments (ie, 1 round) some take only 1 (like machineguns). You still pick up heat every time you fire a weapon, so overheating becomes a much bigger issue...like it is here.

Granted, PGI has taken this to an extreme. In the Solaris rules, all LRMs have the same recycle rate, regardless of the number of tubes. Here, LRM5s recharge faster than LRM20s. Technically, if you've got the hardpoints for it, it's better to have four LRM5s than a single LRM20. Sure, there's ghost heat involved, but it's basically an LRM20 with a faster reload rate.

#174 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

Overall a good V log. What I didn't like was the statement about taking quirks away from mechs with jump jets. While I see where you are coming from with some mechs to do that with the Summoner would be horrible as having 5 unremovable jj is already a negative as it seriously limits its weapon loadouts, especially because they are present in every variant.

#175 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

vlog10 is out... damn... the swamp map totally breaks immersion... trees and lilies bigger than mechs... **** me...

#176 cybex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the update! Very nice

#177 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm in love with the Shadow Hawk Hero:

AC/10, 4 Medium Lasers, LRM 5, and SRM 2.

#178 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostMycrus, on 16 November 2014 - 04:11 AM, said:

vlog10 is out... damn... the swamp map totally breaks immersion... trees and lilies bigger than mechs... **** me...

I know Singapore is almost all city, but surely you've seen trees taller than 15 meters? Also, alien biology, yo.

#179 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostHawk819, on 16 November 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

I'm in love with the Shadow Hawk Hero:

AC/10, 4 Medium Lasers, LRM 5, and SRM 2.

Yeah, the new hero ShadowHawk doesn't look bad...
But the LOCUST! Pirate's Bane gets ECM and a plethora of close-quarters weaponry. It's beautiful!

And in regards to it being the first Hero with ECM....wow...

...I really don't care. It isn't pay to win because the Locust honestly isn't a good mech if you're trying to go hardcore meta, and ECM was just recently gimped hard with the BAP buff anyways. Pair that with the fact that this Hero will probably sell for about 5 bucks, and there's no real reason to complain. Want ECM while not paying for anything in-game? Get the arguably superior Raven or Spider. Want to be as small and fast as a Locust tho? Commandos have your back.

EDIT: wanted to throw this out before people start whining about how the 20-ton mech is somehow pay-to-win.

Edited by Pezzer, 16 November 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#180 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 16 November 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

I know Singapore is almost all city, but surely you've seen trees taller than 15 meters? Also, alien biology, yo.

Handwavium™ ftw.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users