51 replies to this topic

#41 Icthelion

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:06 PM

I watched one guy run around in the Ice ferret with 2 flamers and an LBX10... That looked fun as hell.

#42 tatersaladftw

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

I run the A with maxed out armor and 2 Mediums in the Arm, 1 MPL in the CT and the other MPL on the opposite arm. TC1 and the rest heat sinks. Easily get 600 consistent if you stick to the fringes and dash in when the fights start.

#43 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

I ran this a few times this weekend and had a surprising amount of 3-4 kill 500+ damage matches with it:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2ee4e3e49ce89f0

The alpha is punchy enough to back nearly anything in two salvos. I used to run this due to the awesome heat efficiency:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa83fe031c69bca

and sometimes still miss it when dueling a light or two (for its DPS) but I wanted something that would do more damage when I had someone's back--I had failed to back a couple of Dire Wolves recently and it made me feel the build was lacking something.

#44 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

Just have to say I am loving the new omnipods. 4erml in the arms with a lrm15 is great fun with my primes cbill bonus.

#45 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

I struggled to find a build that worked for me. SRMs tended to require me to get too close for long-term survival and I fared poorly in it.

Lately I've been running 4x Medium Pulse Laser using the D arms. The movement in the arms and the shorter duration makes it rather excellent at run and gun type attacks, particularly when running by at full speed. I'm finding the lasers have enough range that I can use terrain to my advantage and avoid having to take a lot of damage closing.

#46 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:24 AM

Before Tukayyid I was running 1x LPL 2x ER ML, and am still surprised I don't see this more. It's half a flashlight build that moves 50% faster.

For Tukayyid itself I switched to the new arm to run 5x SPL. It's intended to counter IS lights, flank and target weak spots, or just rush generators. It filled this niche well, but I don't think it's nearly as good for random drops. It will also be obsoleted once the Arctic Cheetah is out.

#47 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

View PostShalune, on 05 May 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

It will also be obsoleted once the Arctic Cheetah is out.

Sadly yes I fear all my Ice Ferret builds will be obsolete once the Cheetah comes (my streak build might stay useful) also my lynx builds will become pointless too but I will keep my ecm/erppc lynx due to its small size.

#48 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

I was wonder this is the build for my Adder atm and I'm looking for medium/assault/heavies clan mechs that share the same ability of getting in delivering some missiles to the face and getting back out. Some have suggested the Stormcrow is the next way to go for me, but I was wondering whether the Ice Ferret maybe an option as I've heard they are even quicker than Stormcrows.

#49 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

Ice Ferret is on a whole other level of speed than the Stormcrow.

However, the Stormcrow has more than double the pod space and much better and more hardpoint selections. The 'mechs could not be more different. Think of the Ice Ferret as a light 'mech trapped in a 45t 'mech's body.

#50 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Can the Ice Ferret deliver more damage than my Adder though? Otherwise I guess it'll have to be stormcrow.

#51 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 05 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Can the Ice Ferret deliver more damage than my Adder though? Otherwise I guess it'll have to be stormcrow.

No, the Adder has nearly twice as much pod space though this is mitigated in a small degree by the Ice Ferret having 2 more "true DHS" and well as 2 more total hardlocked DHS.

#52 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 05 May 2015 - 03:41 AM, said:

Sadly yes I fear all my Ice Ferret builds will be obsolete once the Cheetah comes (my streak build might stay useful) also my lynx builds will become pointless too but I will keep my ecm/erppc lynx due to its small size.

Yeah, I'm more worried about the Mist Lynx. It's already such a mediocre (though fun) mech. For the Ice Ferret I specifically meant my SPL build.

In general I think the Ice Ferret will still be useful post-Arctic Cheetah for longer ranged builds. I just threw together an Arctic Cheetah mock up in Smurfy, and it looks like it comes to ~7.5 free tons at full armor. So it definitely can't manage half-flashlight builds or heavier things people have listed here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users