12 replies to this topic

#1 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

quite some Members of my unit have reported a nosedive in fps, down to single digits, after the patch

as some more stability issues

my fps is about 5 frames down over all after the patch

though personally I'm still doing ok with my overclocked i5 and gtx 780
but even I noticed a bump downwards

#2 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

The game is absolutely unplayable for me now. I was getting around 30 FPS last patch, now I'm down to single digits. The game starts freezing up every time I see a 'mech, whether or not it is firing its weapons.

NVidia GTX 260 (MSI Twin Frozr OC)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.4 GHz

#3 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Have either of you submitted a support ticket with a DXDiag attached?

Good luck with resolution!

#4 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

I just tried running the repair tool, clearing out everything except my profile data, and performed a reboot. Nothing improved at all.

I notice that I have no problems when in the training grounds. In actual multiplayer game play, I have these problems. I'm dropping down to 2 FPS. This is the absolute worst.

I really want to play with my new Ice Ferret, but it's just not working :(

#5 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Please submit a support ticket to support@mwomercs.com with the subject heading Performance Decrease, with the results of a DirectX Diagnostic attached.

How to obtain a DxDiag:

Press Windows Key + R

Type DxDiag

Click Save All Information. If prompted about WHQL drivers, click no.

If the Save All Information button is not present, simply click on Run (32/64 bit) DxDiag. The Save All Information button will appear after the diagnostic.

#6 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

I just sent my support ticket in with the DxDiag.txt attached. I hope that information I sent is useful and leads to a solution.

I notice that when the FPS drop occurs, that my hard drive activity light is constantly lit, almost like it's writing a page file. I usually run 8 GB of RAM on my system, but due to a stick failure, I've been running 4 GB of RAM since yesterday. Even with 4 GB of RAM, I was able to play the game flawlessly before the November 4th patch.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 04 November 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#7 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

I just played a match where FPS drops were minimal. There were more of them than I had pre-patch, but at least the game was playable and I was able to run around effectively in my Locust.

The first match I played with the patch was in an Ice Ferret on Tourmaline Desert. I had some small FPS dips but it was playable. For the next three games I played after that, my FPS dropped to two minutes at a time, which made the game unplayable. Then I had this match on Frozen City Night with my Locust using IR vision mode, and I had very few FPS dips and the game was playable.

So out of the five games I played tonight, two were unplayable. I'm not sure why this is happening at all. I played my last two matches in a row with Locusts. The first match I was standing still and having FPS drops even while typing with no visible combat right in front of me. But then the second match was okay.

#8 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

In some matches that have Performance issues it seems that specific Mechs/Players have a bad Performance Impact bcs as soon they be destroyed the Performance goes back to normal.

Heat Vision still occasioally breaks the Performance.

PS: And the Green Drop Screen Ready Button still does not go dark when clicked :P

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 04 November 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

PS: And the Green Drop Screen Ready Button still does not go dark when clicked :P
That's obviously the issue here. You didn't click Ready, so your computer wasn't ready for the epicness that was Quirk Day 1. If they fixed that Ready button, all of our issues would disappear. That's obviously the most important issue in the game right now. Fix it.

#10 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

I had this same issue, fixed it by doing a fresh install of my nvidia drivers to whatever was latest.

Hope that helps

#11 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 04 November 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

Please submit a support ticket to support@mwomercs.com with the subject heading Performance Decrease, with the results of a DirectX Diagnostic attached.

How to obtain a DxDiag:

Press Windows Key + R

Type DxDiag

Click Save All Information. If prompted about WHQL drivers, click no.

If the Save All Information button is not present, simply click on Run (32/64 bit) DxDiag. The Save All Information button will appear after the diagnostic.

I did and I hope it helps
though:

View PostWolfwood592, on 04 November 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

I had this same issue, fixed it by doing a fresh install of my nvidia drivers to whatever was latest.

Hope that helps

The fact that I played CoD Advanced Warfare cranked up to max, except AA, without changing anything on my machine (still running the 344.48 B) ; that was the one with some SLI and geforce experience Profile for MWO )
makes me, well...
a sad Panda when it comes to MWO's fps :P

#12 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

I reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and rebooted, and I still had major performance problems.

I discovered that setting my graphics settings all to LOW solves my problems. I think this is completely bizarre since I had much higher settings which worked fine before the November 4th patch. I think one of the advanced video options is triggering the huge slowdowns.

#13 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:55 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 05 November 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

I reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers and rebooted, and I still had major performance problems.

I discovered that setting my graphics settings all to LOW solves my problems. I think this is completely bizarre since I had much higher settings which worked fine before the November 4th patch. I think one of the advanced video options is triggering the huge slowdowns.

gotta try out particles first
its the setting that makes it unplayable for me -> particles like the smoke from LRM's, steam when you reach high heat in you're mech
for instance you reach 85% heat on you're mech, move backwards -> see you're own steam ->fps down to single digits

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users