75 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

I do not mind losing, i really don't and but when you give your all every game to try to win and yet no one else does, its just disheartening. This is happening more and more in the solo que

Posted Image

You can only carry so much. This is why the MM / ELO system needs to be re-worked completely.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

PUG Life

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

Your side killed over half their team, that seems like it would have been a fun match. It appears alpha lance had issues, but I wasn't there.

Edited by Spheroid, 04 November 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#4 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

Thats with me taking outthe two whales and almost getting the atlas but someone got it before me. I just am getting more and more frustrated with the way these matches go. Granted I have off days and could not hit the broadside of a barn. But damn, Alpha and Charlie lance.

I just do not get why rookies are brought up or vetrans brought down to even out the ELO>

#5 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 04 November 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

I just do not get why rookies are brought up or vetrans brought down to even out the ELO>

We have no way of knowing whether ELO had anything to do with it.

#6 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

one time in solo que..

#7 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

While ELO is frustrating once in a while....

Count your numbers. There is only ONE whale dead, the other one lived. Plus that whale also did a grand total of ...
15 Damage.

So he probably was in a trial.

Tbh that match looked fair enough. It's those 0-12s that I hate.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 04 November 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Low population. Better get used to it.

#9 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

It happens. Had a round where my HBK-4H teamed up with a 4G and we mopped the floor with two Dire Whales.

And in the time it took us to down them, we lost two lances... Those were the only kills our team got.

#10 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Getting stomped is not a product of the matchmaker. We've been over this. Getting stomped is the nature of using even a 1-kill advantage to gain fire superiority, and that superiority making it easier to get an even greater advantage - vicious cycle, etc.

Stomps happen because the game's mechanics - a mixture of how much it takes to kill a 'Mech, and how much firepower 'Mechs carry. MM can influence this to an extent as better players usually work to focus fire with their team better - but even a perfect Elo match will not stop the 12-3/2/1 stomps. It's just how combat works.

#11 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

Elo is just a myth the devs started to cover up the fact that matchmaking is a random, effed up mess.

#12 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

Posted Image
Carry Harder!

#13 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 04 November 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

I do not mind losing, i really don't and but when you give your all every game to try to win and yet no one else does, its just disheartening. This is happening more and more in the solo que

Posted Image

You can only carry so much. This is why the MM / ELO system needs to be re-worked completely.

The thing is, there is every chance that this sort of defeat was a result of poor positioning, or mechs being caught out early. It doesn't take much. Really. The difference between a close match and a rout might be as simple as one solid hit on a mech at the start of a fight forcing it to be defensive. It could be as simple as ONE enemy DireWolf getting a decent fire position.

PUG life is pure chaos. All fights are decided by mob rule. It's 100% instinctive. Sometimes, if the fates align, you work as a pack, others you blunder around as a herd of bleating sheep. You can have a team of extremely talented fighters and still get torn apart if the enemy rock beats your scissors. Hell, in PUGs, scissors often beats rock.

If you want to impose more order on the chaos, get yourself a team, get on comms, and practice.

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

Tell me about it. This has to be my worst night ever.

My Alt C variant of the Ice Ferret is running a 10 loss, 1 win record tonight. My Alt A variant is just slightly better at 8 losses, 5 wins.

What is worse is that I have never seen such bad play, not even when I first started back in closed beta. I mean it was like every team I was put on was out there just to goof off and see how badly they could lose. None and I mean zero of my teams actually tried to stay together. Each and every one scattered all over the map like they never played before. As far as the other teams, it seems like each and every one of them was spot on perfect, zero mistakes. Each match felt like it was part of a PUG that got dropped into the 12 man pre-made que by accident.

Right now I am quite thoroughly disgusted and amazingly frustrated.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 04 November 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#15 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

Three suggestions to try and hold this sucker named MM off:

1) Be patient and wait for CW cause that's gonna be better than now.

2) Take Company Command and hope for the best.

3) Always drop in groups with or without Ts3.

#16 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Just 4 guys below 100 dmg on your team? 7 dead mechs on the enemy team? Seems like a way above average match in PUG queue. I'm not starting to wonder until i see above 7 guys doing below 100 damage.

#17 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:39 PM

It looks like a balanced game to me: it is not a stomp, useless players evenly distributed, evenly distributed average scores. They had a slight edge.

I would sign up for every game to be like this.

Edited by EvilCow, 04 November 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#18 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

I learned to ignore completely what puggy teamates are doing.

I drop, and if manage to farm my 2-3 kills, this means I did my job and I'm fine.
Lately I have theB33f tendencies: when puggie really suck, I have the temptation to exit out of bound.
"You can have my puggies... but not me!"

#19 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

Posted Image

Carrying to win can be frustrating but if you focus on dealing damage and surviving the game is much better especially if Elo gives you teammates that need 110% carry.

#20 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

It's a team game. You cannot single-handedly win the game no matter how great you are (or think you are). If you want to single-handedly win a game, go play checkers or something.

This means that you need to accept the fact that sometimes you will try very hard and do very well, and still lose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users