16 replies to this topic

#1 Donny Line Z

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCannon Beach,or

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:06 PM

I have noticed that all my mechs that had a range module now have the heat penalty back on {though not in the description}. the reason I wasn't buying or using them was that penalty in the first place . am I to shelve the ones I already own and figure other ways to spend my ingame or will you guys back this off, as to make them useful again ? just asking :)

#2 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

I think the heat was always there and just missing from the description?

#3 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

No, I'm pretty sure they removed the additional heat from the modules in a patch a little while back because no one was using the modules (or very few people). The heat increase wasn't generally worth the range increase. I, for one, never used a range module until they removed the negatives. No idea if the heat has been reimplemented, but if so I'll simply remove them from my builds.

#4 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

It's a visual bug according to the FAQ posted.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:42 AM

Whatever.

It's real. Not only do you feel the effect in game, it'll actually show you in the mechlab. Try it. Put on a range module and look in the lower right at your heat efficiency.

#6 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 05 November 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

Whatever.

It's real. Not only do you feel the effect in game, it'll actually show you in the mechlab. Try it. Put on a range module and look in the lower right at your heat efficiency.

That would be the 'visual' part of the bug. I did try it and in game I can feel no difference. Keep in mind that if you're using an IS mech you may have quirks that affect your mech. I tested on a clan mech and saw no difference with ER-ML (debatably the hottest laser in aggregate).

Known Issues And Faqs For Patch 1.3.349

"In MechLab, equipping a Range Module appears to decrease your 'Mechs Heat Management stat.
This appears to be a purely cosmetic issue in MechLab only. Your heat management should function normally while in a match. Fix is coming (no ETA just yet)."

Edited by Mitsuragi, 05 November 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#7 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

I'm more annoyed my LL module lost 5 meters or range. They used to get LLs to 500m, now it's 495.

#8 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 05 November 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

"In MechLab, equipping a Range Module appears to decrease your 'Mechs Heat Management stat.
This appears to be a purely cosmetic issue in MechLab only. Your heat management should function normally while in a match. Fix is coming (no ETA just yet)."

Many thanks for the update; for some reason I missed that.

#9 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

Did the cooldown modules have heat penalty?

#10 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

The cooldown modules also shows that just equipping the module lowers your heat efficiency. Now your heat will be worse with cooldown modules anyway but now i get a penalty JUST for equipping the modules? Before i even take it into game? Just owning the module and having it on my mech kill my heat? WTF?

If this is the way it goes i want the 30 mill or so cbills back i spent on modules these past few weeks/month. Part of the deal was i would use them if you took heat away. Now heat has been snuck back in there thinking no one would notice? Gotta get up earlier then that PGI! :D

Why did this happen?
How did it happen?
Why is that even in the game in the first place? All you have done is create a trap for yourselves to mess up each time you patch. Remove it from the code dont just cover it up....

Also all the modules have just been set to 10% as well rather then the numbers they had before? Why were we not notified about this change? I lost range on some modules which sucks and would have been nice to have a warning. Also no MG's make heat with the range module? How can you make heat when there was no heat to begin with? (0x0=0)

Who do i blame!? Come here Russ and Paul! :P

But seriously, something is screwy with them check it out PLEASE!

Edited by DarthRevis, 05 November 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#11 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 05 November 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

The cooldown modules also shows that just equipping the module lowers your heat efficiency. Now your heat will be worse with cooldown modules anyway but now i get a penalty JUST for equipping the modules? Before i even take it into game? Just owning the module and having it on my mech kill my heat? WTF?

If this is the way it goes i want the 30 mill or so cbills back i spent on modules these past few weeks/month. Part of the deal was i would use them if you took heat away. Now heat has been snuck back in there thinking no one would notice?

Why did this happen?
How did it happen?
Why is that even in the game in the first place? All you have done is create a trap for yourselves to mess up each time you patch. Remove it from the code dont just cover it up....

Dude - calm down and read the thread - it's just a bug in the Mechlab readout. The functionality once you're in the game is the same as it was pre-patch - no extra heat from weapon modules. It just makes your 'Mechs heat efficiency rating look worse in the front-end.

Edited by DEMAX51, 05 November 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#12 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 05 November 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Actually, YES, equipping cool down modules do make your heat worse because you can fire more often. They probably added the cool down timer into the heat management calculation. Makes sense, right?

#13 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

wow dude....
can't you do tests on your own before writting a 20 line complainment ??
jesus christ

i went to the testing grounds with the range modules and the heat generation and dissipation was the same.
Then i tested the cooldown and there was something different, but it had nothing to do with heat.

What i did was i alpha with 2 meds and AC/20 and listen to the recycle sound. When i used the range module the sound was about the same and when i used the cooldown i noticed that the recycle sound was being played at a 2% higher level.
The reason for that is because the weapon really should be ready to fire earlier because of the faster cooldown.
So really there is nothing wrong with the heat on the modules. The only problem is that it disrupts your ability to see your actual heat efficiency

#14 Donny Line Z

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCannon Beach,or

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

thanks all for the info :) maybe next time there's a visual bug , they can make visible announcement about it :D lol never saw the post about the bug

#15 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostDonnylinez, on 05 November 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

thanks all for the info :) maybe next time there's a visual bug , they can make visible announcement about it :D lol never saw the post about the bug

The visual bug, is actually impacting my game....if it is only visual, why does my mech overheat and shut down?

#16 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostWM Wraith, on 05 November 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

The visual bug, is actually impacting my game....if it is only visual, why does my mech overheat and shut down?

Perhaps the cooldown quirks, which allow you to fire faster, are causing you to generate more heat per second?

#17 rangergord

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

Some of the weapons that got a cooldown reduction got an equal percentage heat reduction. Some got a lesser percentage heat reduction or none at all for that weapon. Equipping the cooldown module further the issue. Even if the weapon got an equal heat reduction, if your mech was running hot with it before the math says it will run hotter now. Bottom line, some builds will have to be tweaked to take heat and ammo into consideration to take full advantage of the buffs.

Edited by rangergord, 05 November 2014 - 08:43 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users