53 replies to this topic

#21 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

So, the fluff (Sarna.net) says the Ice Ferret was originally designed by the Ice Hellions to hunt T-Wolves.

When you stop mocking that notion and and ROFL-ing, have a look at Sarna's wiki for it. :D
http://www.sarna.net..._Ferret_(Fenris)

It occurs to me reading about "Clan Wave 1.5: Arrival of The T-Wolf Legion" that the Ferret designers' intent (in fluff) might indicate why PGI released it before the Mist Lynx, seemingly out of order.

You'll notice the mc/c-bill release schedule has the Lynx first, then the Ferret, which we would normally have expected for both releases.
http://mwomercs.com/...ons-wave-2-faq/

Plausible much? It's how I'm making sense of the difference in release order. I think it's a nod to the fluff by PGI. The Ferrets will save us! ;)

Edited by Virlutris, 06 November 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#22 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 November 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

pretty sure that the 6th of November is today.... which is Thursday?

Im pretty sure someone from PGI is using a Calendar from 2013.....i dont think i have seen A SINGLE promo, Sale Flyer, Description that wasn't riddled with Spelling and Date errors!

Oh well....what can i say. You silly Canucks are prolly just still drunk. :D

I want my Hero Mech Duo already!

View PostVirlutris, on 06 November 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

You'll notice the mc/c-bill release schedule has the Lynx first, then the Ferret, which we would normally have expected for both releases.
http://mwomercs.com/...ons-wave-2-faq/

It does NOT say we have the Myst Lynx first or would release it first, we got the Ferret first because we needed a fast clan mech. Which is exactly what that post has said from day 1.

Edited by DarthRevis, 06 November 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#23 Fubbit

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

Hopefully this will help get the deadwood outta the medium queue!

#24 Blackhawk ge

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

thought the TBR c-bill release is in 2nd Nov week which is next week? So why buy it now with MC??

#25 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

STOP! Just STOP.

Here is the math:
The total MC price of all 3 Timbers even with -15% is about 15346 MC. With a 25k package at $99.99, this makes buying all of them around $61.

http://www.mwomercs.com/clans#page4
You can still buy all 3 timbers "a la carte" with 3 mech bays and even get the (I) prime with the 30% cbill boost for only $55. Math people. Math is your friend.

Credit to RighteousFury for posting the original math on our private forums.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 05 November 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

• Sale Begins:
    • Thursday, the 6th of November 2014 at 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 6PM UTC

Lol. You're welcome.

View Post3xnihilo, on 06 November 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Maybe the medium queue will back off a little now so I can start working on my cents and shadowhawks. :D

oddly, even at 60% I'm getting in under a minute most matches, sometimes a lot under, at least in Solo Queue

#27 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 06 November 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

It does NOT say we have the Myst Lynx first or would release it first, we got the Ferret first because we needed a fast clan mech. Which is exactly what that post has said from day 1.

Edit: *sigh* Too menny werdz. Trimmed and tweaked.

Please double-check the schedules. The pre-order pack releases have the Ferret before the Lynx, and prior to the T-Wolf mc/c-bill release. The mc/c-bill schedule for those mechs has the Lynx preceding the Ferret, long after the arrival of the T-Wolves in the c-bill economy.

trimmed

AFAIK, the post has said the release order in the skeds were different from Day 1

tweaked

I get the Clan fast-mover argument. Really. It makes a world of sense. Except ...

:huh:If speed were the determining factor, I wonder why the Ferret wasn't released before the Lynx both times. To incentivize the Wave II packets somehow?

I think the somewhat lore-based explanation is moar fun. PGI knew we would need our T-Wolf hunting Ferret saviors to weather the coming tide of T-Wolves, so they made sure the Ferrets were playable (if in limited numbers) before "T Day." B)

Ferret up!

Edited by Virlutris, 06 November 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#28 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 06 November 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

"Fuel Rods sold separately"

Just to nitpick, they're fusion reactors, not fission reactors.

#29 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

View Postaniviron, on 05 November 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

Thank goodness, I was worried for a second there.

they ALWAYS add that on at the star base....small print, base price + fusion reactor extra. tax tag title on delivery.
I'M SICK OF IT!!11!!!!

#30 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

anyway, it does not stop the nerve timberwolf.

I find it very strange that the Timberwolf is so fragile with this size and armor fiber. other mech resisted much better now (like the mad dog or even the mechlight) :blink:

In addition, since the updated with the jump jet integrated necessarily, I lost a lot in dps as torsos with two missiles, one energy, one ballistic but with very little space, it's really stupid :angry: .

now impossible to get 3 X 15 lrms, and also impossible to jump jet with gauss (or a large ballistic) ect ...

He could fix this by intregrant necessarily but with the ability to change location. I hope to change that in a future updated .

In short I regret my purchase today :( .

Edited by freud2b, 06 November 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#31 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostxNoSkillz, on 06 November 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

STOP! Just STOP.

Here is the math:
The total MC price of all 3 Timbers even with -15% is about 15346 MC. With a 25k package at $99.99, this makes buying all of them around $61.

http://www.mwomercs.com/clans#page4
You can still buy all 3 timbers "a la carte" with 3 mech bays and even get the (I) prime with the 30% cbill boost for only $55. Math people. Math is your friend.

Credit to RighteousFury for posting the original math on our private forums.

Yeah, if you're spending money for the T-Wolves only, the Invasion a la carte looks like the better deal.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 06 November 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yeah, if you're spending money for the T-Wolves only, the Invasion a la carte looks like the better deal.

especially because you get the special geometry and 30% cbill boost. No brainer, really.

Perhaps a 20-25% Flash Sale would have been a better way to generate new business on them?

#33 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 November 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

especially because you get the special geometry and 30% cbill boost. No brainer, really.

Perhaps a 20-25% Flash Sale would have been a better way to generate new business on them?

Unless ... the marketing hope is that someone will go for the 99.95 pack of mc, to buy the mechs and use the rest for some other purpose, like camo, warhorns and colors. More money in it for the business with this option.

Still seems like better value to go a la carte, then get a smaller pack of mc for other shiny stuff. More stuff for the consumer's currency with this option.

Consumer decisions. :)

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 06 November 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Unless ... the marketing hope is that someone will go for the 99.95 pack of mc, to buy the mechs and use the rest for some other purpose, like camo, warhorns and colors. More money in it for the business with this option.

Still seems like better value to go a la carte, then get a smaller pack of mc for other shiny stuff. More stuff for the consumer's currency with this option.

Consumer decisions. :)

Yup.

But with the history of mistrust that PGI has unfortunately engendered only recently starting to be healed, one might think it best to not give the appearance of trying to pull a "fast one" on the player base, yes?

#35 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

Damn I bought a 2nd TBR-C last weekend (not a JJ guy so I don't use my TBR-S CT anymore and wanted to keep three "drop ready" Timberwolves) and should have waited for the discounts.

#36 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Of course a package like "a la carte" is cheaper than buying single mechs with MC. ;)

#37 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 November 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Yup.

But with the history of mistrust that PGI has unfortunately engendered only recently starting to be healed, one might think it best to not give the appearance of trying to pull a "fast one" on the player base, yes?

It's really easy to get suspicious of motive when money's in play, as in "OMWow money grabbinz!"

I really don't think anyone's trying to pull a fast one here. I think they had a release plan, and the extended availability of the "pre-order" options didn't sync up ideally with the rest of that plan.

Still, it's human nature to react to appearances, and if it looks bad to someone in some way or another, they'll react in kind. I hope we can cut staff and players alike some slack on this stuff.

Regardless of all that, Happy T-Wolf Day everyone!

#38 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 06 November 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Hopefully the medium queue will finally be usable again ;)

Yep it's crazy how long it takes to find a match in medium since Stormcrow release :)

#39 Vervuel

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostCycKath, on 05 November 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

NO! Noooooooooooo! I haven't finished mastering my Orions before the Mad Cat-pocolypse!

I love my TBR's, but with the JJ nerfs (ie pod space and weight limit nerfs), only a few builds are adequate for solo queue play, at least in my ELO where I drop against the competitive players all the dang time :D. Its going to be fun watching the kiddies play the 4 x lrm15 TBR's, overheating with every shot :D :D :D. Or the genius who bring 4 streak 6's and gets eaten alive. Its going to be fun to be able to play mediums again, as everyone and their little sister plays TBR's. And fun to chew them up with my DWF/Atlas/Wubshee.

#40 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 06 November 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Damn I bought a 2nd TBR-C last weekend (not a JJ guy so I don't use my TBR-S CT anymore and wanted to keep three "drop ready" Timberwolves) and should have waited for the discounts.

Something I hadn't considered, that the T-Wolf is especially situated for, is the thought that you might want multiples of a variant that you like, to have them drop-ready. So you need three variants for mastery, but may want multpile C-variant (or Prime, or S) CTs.

So a la carte for variants, then a couple extras with MC for someone who loves them some T-Woves? If that's how someone rolls, and they're willing to do it with MC, then why not? Enjoy the savings!

If that's the case for somebody, then an especially Happy T-Wolf Day to those folks among us :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users