The worst mech ever!

119 replies to this topic

#61 von blood

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

The worst mech of all time, has to be the jenny.

#62 veruckt

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Daboku hit the center torso and he might auto eject

#63 FreejackeR

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Mech 2 Naga
Mech 3 Anihilator (in Mech3 they looked like they where wearing some strange skirt)

(not saying the are good Mechs to used just look horrible when your shooting at them)

#64 Blizzard36

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

I know I'm going to get flamed for this because the 'mech has such a fervent following, but... the Black Knight.

Seriously, I've never seen the point for that 'mech even existing when there were already such awesome options like the Warhammer, Marauder, and Flashman. It's like it was only in there to fill a quota because they couldn't use the images for the originals anymore.

But for purely bad 'mechs, any of the Ost series. No matter how hard I tried, I could never make them work. Many of the other much maligned designs like the Black Jack, UrbanMech, Charger, Whitworth, and Rifleman I could still use effectively. The Urbanmech and Black Jack in particular could be amazing if you were able to get advantageous terrain. I found the Whitworth, like the bigger Dervish, is actually much better than its reputation would imply and both are particularly leathal working in pairs. The Rifleman... I never got a hang of that one, but I had a friend in our group that meshed with it perfectly and tore things up. But the Osts... nope, no one could use those.

#65 Dvinn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'm not a fan of the Urbanmech. It's easy to pick apart at long range because it is slow and can't return fire. However in built up or tight terrain such as in a city or canyons it's a very capable mech.

I also do not like the Charger CGR-1A1 or CGR-1L. The 1A1 is armed with only 5 small lasers so it can't defend itself against anything with a longer range, it has light armor for it's Tons but it's really fast for it's size. The 1L mounts a large laser and two medium lasers but even less armor, about half that of the 1A1. I get that it was designed as an Assault Scout with the small lasers as a deterrent to the pilot against engaging in combat. And that armor was sacrificed on the 1L so that it could return fire to deter pursuit but why was there a need to design an Assault Scout? there are medium mechs that have nearly the same armor and the same if not better movement profile as the aforementioned Charger models such as the Griffin GRF-1N: same movement plus jump slightly less armor and armed with a ppc and Lrm10. The Wolverine WVR-6K has the same movement profile as the Chargers above with better armor and a better weapons load. If for whatever reason you feel the need to send a big target scouting the Flashman FLS-8K, Dragon and Grand Dragon have the same movement and better armor and weapons, while the Champion, Quickdraw, Ostroc and Ostol also have the same movement and better weapons with only a bit less armor.

Other than that I don't like mechs that are completely ammo dependent.

#66 Paralax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationNYC, The City that Never sleeps

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Spider.... becasue its a death trap :)

#67 Dvinn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I forgot about the Spider. for CBT it is a good fast light, and I think that it could also change directions mid jump. But the fact that it doesn't have an ejection seat/system really makes me not want to pilot it.

#68 Reoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hands down, the SL carrying Charger. At least othe rmechs have a use, other than target practice.

View Postvon blood, on 25 June 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

The worst mech of all time, has to be the jenny.

Your blood will be spilled over this.

(pun not intended)

#69 Donovan Jenks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

View Postsierra gulf, on 25 June 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

OSR-2D Ostroc, BJ-2 blackjack (the one from the first TRO 3050 that had single heat sinks), and SCP-10 Scorpion. Nothing ruins a mech faster than ER energy weapons and too few single heatsinks. That said, I am pretty sure they were supposed to be bad.

Agreed, it was almost as if these mechs were purposly desgned with horrendous heat managment ability. why didn't they just swtich to ballistic weapons?

#70 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostRangerRob, on 25 June 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Looking at the hard points...this might be the best 100 ton IS mech that eventually could be introduced for those that players that live in the Mechbay. I've had good luck the couple times I took a Grand Titan out to play with.

For me...Hoplite.

Non-Jumping, slow, 55 tonner that can't deal enough damage to cause a piloting check.

and OMG is it ugly. Totally agree: Hoplite is the suck.

#71 Donovan Jenks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hermes!

#72 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

The first Mech ever built....the Mackie. Hands down. Also the Hussar.

#73 captn rentoshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTukayyid pass

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

This junk heap blocking the view from the kitchen!Posted Image

#74 Naranak

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Light: Javelin
Medium: Sentinal
Heavy: Argus
Assault: Fafnir

#75 Victor MacGregor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationBear Flag Republic

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

I have always felt the most negative opinion for the Goliath. For the price of one Goliath, I could purchase two Schrek PPC carriers. It follows my personal bugaboo of having no arms if it falls over.

...and whenever I think about fighting one, I can't help but think of how Luke Skywalker took down that AT-AT during the Battle of Hoth B)

#76 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostStray Ion, on 25 June 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Elemental, unless everyone is in one; but then again it can be fun.

I would say to a degree, but then in fictional terms they are supposed to be used in Stars. If you have a Star or more swarming your mech, there would be problems; they do their job and they are awesome (why else would the Clans employ them?) Of course in Mech4/Mektek that never happened and the little runt gets crushed.

#77 Smooth

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 32 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

The Flea

#78 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Urban Mech. I freaking hate that thing.

#79 FFTimberwolf

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

In a Mech vs Mech situation, Rifleman.

#80 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

YEOMAN !

That's just a turret with legs...
Plus, once you're on to him, you can pretty much finish it with a butter knife just for the fun of it, it won't be able to do anything. That's the worst mech ever

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users