im not a big fan of the mauler or firestarter

#82 Hikaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Any of the newer animal-looking mechs.

Someone needs to slap those American designers and tell them to go back to making GI Joe's or something.

#83 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Pheonix hawk, Lots of jump jets, lots of lasers 10 heat sinks. the large laser is always too tempting and always misses by a mile!
Give me a blackjack any day.

Edited by Kifferson von doober, 25 June 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#84 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Some of the worst mechs:

- Banshee BNC-3E (many light mechs are better armed)
- Charger CGR-1A1, CGR-1L (that's not a mech, that's a bad joke)
- UrbanMechs (if you want something cheap, use a vehicle)
- Clint CLNT-2-3T (terrible)
- Dragon DRG-1N, DRG-1C (try to kill other mech with it)
- Nova/Black Hawk Primary (and several other clan designs that where designed by monkeys)

- Any mech with AC/2 or AC/5 as the primary weapon (unless you have a lot of these, like the Bane/Kraken)
- Any mech with only ammo allocated in its side torso and no CASE (critical = death)
- Any mech with less than 60% of maximum armor for the chassis.

#85 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postsn4tchbuck13r, on 25 June 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Assault: Fafnir

Fafnir? Fafnir is a deadly assault mech. I don't understand....

#86 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postvon blood, on 25 June 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

The worst mech of all time, has to be the jenny.

The Jenner is a great mech. If you use the terrain and always attack your enemy from behind, there are few mechs as good as the Jenner.

#87 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeah I don't know why that guy said the Fatner (Fafnir). Twin HGauss is enough to just about kill anything outright. Maybe he just really doesn't like how it looks...

#88 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Well HECK, if we're going by looks... may I introduce you to the Yeoman from 3058 Tech Readout...

Posted Image

I don't know what's worse... that they designed this unimaginative walking slab... or that they made a miniature and had the audacity to ask you to pay $12.50 US for it!

Posted Image

#89 Teardonia Pain

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

The worst mech around is any I drive enough said. In the TT game I would lose my best mech to a head shot every time I played. Almost always in the first or second round of firing.

Edited by Teardonia Pain, 25 June 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#90 Kid Weeb

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDundalk, MD

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

I didn't want to say which was the worst Mech ever because each Mech has its uses if piloted correctly. I did look through my TRO's and came up with the worst looking Mech in each TRO. Imho, the loser is the Yeoman. Just a walking set of missile racks waiting for a hit on any of its front torsos to set off a huge chain reaction of explosions. Okay, maybe I will say that the Yeoman is the worst Mech ever.

Crab - TRO 2750
Goliath - TRO 3025
Banshee - TRO 3039
Flea - TRO 3050
Hollander - TRO 3055
Raijin - TRO 3058
Yeoman - TRO 3060
White flame - TRO 3067
Eyleuka - TRO 3075
Trebaruna - TRO 3085

#91 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Gotta go with the Flea, it cost's more then an urbie and has 3 tons of armor, now whats wrong with that?

Remember the Flea(non canon) in mercanaries?

Small lasers as a primary weapon, W T F? :)

No banhammer please :blink:

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 25 June 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#92 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDon't know yet. I'll tell when i find out.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

This is coming from a 3025-39 player. Honestly i don't like any of the clan things and thought the idea was Rubbish when i first heard about it. Though reading this i realize i must have rather lousy taste in mechs. in that regard I really like the Quickdraw, and the King Crab. I can also say the Urban mech has it's use's(After fighting a Campaign centered around city fighting, those little ******* can be annoying and deadly.)

However a mech i could never really stand has always been the Rifleman and the Jagermech. Too little armor and not enough heat sinks. They are pretty good when needed to shoot down aircraft though.

also another bit of my two cents. Banes are just awesome and hilarious, and with a mechwarrior with good Ballistic skills worth very BV.

#93 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

The worst mech around will be pretty much the mech you're currently driving in MWO when encountering ME. :(

#94 Naranak

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostOdanan, on 25 June 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Fafnir? Fafnir is a deadly assault mech. I don't understand....

If it was more maneuverable I would appreciate it more. At the effective range of H-Gauss rifles a mech as big and slow as the Fafnir is far too easy to counter.

#95 Dvinn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

perhaps it is... out ranged 1v1 in an open field. I can say that an Awesome is easy to counter too, if you can get within it's min range. Anything is easy to counter in an ideal setting against an opponent selected specifically to counter it. I do understand where your coming from on the maneuverability though. But this is all just personal preference and opinion anyway.

The Fafnir is an Assault Mech I respect....from a distance.

#96 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Timber Wolf.

#97 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 25 June 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Well HECK, if we're going by looks... may I introduce you to the Yeoman from 3058 Tech Readout...

Posted Image

I don't know what's worse... that they designed this unimaginative walking slab... or that they made a miniature and had the audacity to ask you to pay $12.50 US for it!

Posted Image

Alright, I was going to say the 3 OST mechs in the TRO 3025. They are just so D&$% ugly! Even in Robotech!

But after seeing the pics of the Yeoman above by ScrapIron Prime, this is by far hands down the WORST mech ever designed. Whoever drew up this thing had be very very high and drunk. And I too would NOT pay $12.50 for such an ugly miniature. The Longbow and Catapult mechs filled the niche perfectly for long range missile support. This thing just did not even need to be thought up. Cast it into oblivion please!

#98 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Easy and hands down AgroMech, Seriously a 35 ton mech converted from civilian to military duty. Beware the CLAW!

This walking PoS just asked, 'Please kill me!' lol

Now if we're talking real Battletech, then I may have to go with the 3025 Dervish, that Mech probably would spend more time shutdown from heat, then just about any other mech. After some consideration for get the awful Dervish, I'm gonna have to switch to the even awful...er Charger, seriously a 80ton Mech with a handful of Small lasers?! If I were on a battlefield, it'd be just about the last Mech I'd worry about (next to the Flea).

PS. If we're going by looks, then I'll vote on that PoS Yeoman as well.

Edited by Monsoon, 11 July 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#99 Dvinn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Actually all things considered i think the Daboku probably takes the cake for worst mech ever, because it was a flawed design that actually saw combat...it's major flaw of taking a torso hit and possibly ejecting the pilot makes it pretty worthless, and if the pilot actually wants to stay in a fight they have to disable the auto eject making the thing into a deathtrap with it's other problems of overheating lasers, not enough heat sinks and frequently jamming AC ammo feeds.

I also agree that the Yeoman is very uninspired design.

#100 Affront692

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder my Atlas changing its Oil

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Mackie.......really dont like the look......

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users