#261 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 November 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

I don't think so, people have mechs they prefer, they can handle better than others, the chance in a 12 man 720 group that someone prefers lights making it possible for one other to field a heavy heavy, will make everyone be more comfortable. But when you prefer 60+ t mechs, then you will have to use something you are possibly inconvinient with.

I didn't say it won't be difficult for some people, but from a group management perspective, it's easier to handle one man splitting up tonnage than 10-12.

"Can someone swap out of a light?"
"We're 10 tons over, someone needs to shed 10 tons"
"I need to level up my Atlas"
"Can someone else take a brawling mech?"
"Who's got LRMS? I've got TAG/NARC"
"I don't own any Heavy Mechs"
"Someone needs to drop from a heavy to a medium" *3 players all drop* "Ok, someone needs to move up to a heavy"
"The Locust left, we're now 40 tons over"
"We've got 70 tons to spare. Someone ton up"

Unless you've got a unit where you can just point at someone and tell them to play a specific mech, it was mild chaos at times in the initial group setup if folks wanted to earn points. When it's just you, you don't have to negotiate.

#262 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

How bout an extension on this challenge? It is the most challenging one yet.. not difficult per se, just grindingly tedious!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 11 November 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#263 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

4 points left with 2 hours, I need to make it...

Edit: DONE with 1:06 hours to spare!

Edited by CycKath, 11 November 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#264 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

I really didn't enjoy this challenge, not for the tonnage limit. I enjoyed the actual premise of the challenge, just not the mind-numbing grind that they made it.

Having to have 60 qualifying matches was way too much. Let's just say you had an optimal drop time/match time and EVERY SINGLE MATCH you played you stomped the opposition and qualified. At 7 minutes per match and 1 minute wait time per match (that's getting almost instantaneous drops, which never happens) it would still take 8 hours to qualify.

Did MWO just revert to a World of Warcraft quest scheme? Collect 45 candles from kobolds, with a 20% drop chance? It would have been ACCEPTABLE if it was 2 points per match, or 10, 20, 30 because then people would have had a chance.

As it stands I CAN'T play weekends as I have a family. It ALREADY irks me that ALL your competitions ONLY EVER fall on weekends, where the majority of your older player base doesn't have the time to compete.

I consider myself a good player, and still clocking around 8 hours total from Friday, Monday, and Tuesday I hit the 40 point limit. Think of the average or bad players; it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to even get 20.

PGI, I like what you've been doing so far and I have shown that by buying the Resistance pack. However, if you're going to make an event and give away freebies, make it reasonable and not something that only people that stay up all weekend playing the game can get. It leaves a bad taste in your consumers proverbial mouths.

#265 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostTriban, on 11 November 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

PGI, I like what you've been doing so far and I have shown that by buying the Resistance pack. However, if you're going to make an event and give away freebies, make it reasonable and not something that only people that stay up all weekend playing the game can get. It leaves a bad taste in your consumers proverbial mouths.

Well said!

#266 Jagger225

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

Seriously - Thank you for the opportunity to get a war horn.

Too bad I can't physically play 200+ matches in a single weekend. It took me 3 hours to play 15 matches...and only 60% of those qualified. I'd have to play 20+ hours at that rate...I did play at least 7 hours though.

Cheers!

#267 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostTriban, on 11 November 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I really didn't enjoy this challenge, not for the tonnage limit. I enjoyed the actual premise of the challenge, just not the mind-numbing grind that they made it.

Having to have 60 qualifying matches was way too much. Let's just say you had an optimal drop time/match time and EVERY SINGLE MATCH you played you stomped the opposition and qualified. At 7 minutes per match and 1 minute wait time per match (that's getting almost instantaneous drops, which never happens) it would still take 8 hours to qualify.

Did MWO just revert to a World of Warcraft quest scheme? Collect 45 candles from kobolds, with a 20% drop chance? It would have been ACCEPTABLE if it was 2 points per match, or 10, 20, 30 because then people would have had a chance.

As it stands I CAN'T play weekends as I have a family. It ALREADY irks me that ALL your competitions ONLY EVER fall on weekends, where the majority of your older player base doesn't have the time to compete.

I consider myself a good player, and still clocking around 8 hours total from Friday, Monday, and Tuesday I hit the 40 point limit. Think of the average or bad players; it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to even get 20.

They really need to make up for this guffaw and extend it by one day!

#268 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

Total Games: 116
Qualified: 61 (oops!)
High Score: 533
Low Score: 4 (excluding accidental overweight)
Average Score: 171.172
Median Score: 152
Most Played Mech: MDD-PRIME
Config: 4xER-ML, 2xLRM15, CAP

AS7-S: 1 of 2, 50%
CDA-2A: 1 of 3, 33%
CDA-X5: 1 of 4, 25%
IFR-A: 1 of 1, 100%
IFR-C: 1 of 2, 50%
IFR-PRIME: 2 of 7, 29%
MDD-B: 3 of 3, 100%
MDD-PRIME: 28 of 48, 58%
SCR-C: 1 of 1, 100%
SCR-D: 0 of 1, 0%
SCR-PRIME: 22 of 39, 56%
TBR-C: 0 of 2, 0%
WHK-PRIME: 0 of 2, 0%
WVR-6R: 0 of 1, 0%

Edited by Mitsuragi, 11 November 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#269 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 11 November 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

They really need to make up for this guffaw and extend it by one day!

They should just retroactively reduce it to 10/20/30 because one day will STILL not be enough, since people have jobs they have to go to, you know, in order to give PGI their money.

#270 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hopefully they've found a new metric to calibrate Elo with form this- this

<_<

#271 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostTriban, on 11 November 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

They should just retroactively reduce it to 10/20/30 because one day will STILL not be enough, since people have jobs they have to go to, you know, in order to give PGI their money.

PGI has become a cooler B) company since the reorganization, I can see them doing something to compensate for this extremely tedious challenge.

#272 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

It was either this or a full weekend of nonsense grinding and waiting.

#273 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

It was really easy event, I cannot understand what about you guys are complaining . . .

Let's keep it up PGI, good work.

#274 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 11 November 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

It was really easy event, I cannot understand what about you guys are complaining . . .

The sheer number of matches you had to play is the problem. People love this game, but have other things to do. You might not have other things to do, however, based on your comment.

#275 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 11 November 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Well if you don't mind spending most of your weekend on the challenge.. then it is easy.. it's a matter of time required.. it's not reasonable. People with jobs/families support this game the most, they should keep that in mind when setting up challenges.

#276 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 11 November 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Total Games: 116

@ 8 minutes a game, 1 minute to ready, I spent around 17.5 hours to finish this challenge. That's roughly 6 hours a day for 3 days and that without counting the time lost waiting for people to join the group and then configure our tonnage. I'd guesstimate I spent more like 24 hours on this challenge if not more. Utterly ridiculous really.

#277 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 11 November 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

@ 8 minutes a game, 1 minute to ready, I spent around 17.5 hours to finish this challenge. That's roughly 6 hours a day for 3 days and that without counting the time lost waiting for people to join the group and then configure our tonnage. I'd guesstimate I spent more like 24 hours on this challenge if not more. Utterly ridiculous really.

EXACTLY! Because this is a group based challenge.. you DO have to count time wasted for players to ready up.. players to all die in a match to relaunch.. etc etc.. and do not forget about SEARCH TIMES.

I'm glad you agree Mitsuragi that this was too tedious to be fun!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 11 November 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#278 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

What's easy about that 140 thing?

#279 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostTriban, on 11 November 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

The sheer number of matches you had to play is the problem. People love this game, but have other things to do. You might not have other things to do, however, based on your comment.

Hmm. . . that's why it called challenge, its not for all :D and you must sacrifice something. ( your family time, parties, work etc. . . ) If you want it!

For me it was 103 matches for 60 points.
worst score: 7
best score: 477
no TAG, NARC or LRMs !

At all it was not so hard. I played only during friday night and saturday night few hours. I wasn't play during sunday. (party time) In monday I played only 8 games for last 6 points. Then I went to the cinema on Interstellar. I had about 28 hours + when I finished this challenge.

If you dont get it, you made something wrong.

#280 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 11 November 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hmm. . . that's why it called challenge, its not for all :D and you must sacrifice something. ( your family time, parties, work etc. . . ) If you want it!

For me it was 103 matches for 60 points.
worst score: 7
best score: 477
no TAG, NARC or LRMs !

At all it was not so hard. I played only during friday night and saturday night few hours. I wasn't play during sunday. (party time) In monday I played only 8 games for last 6 points. Then I went to the cinema on Interstellar. I had about 28 hours + when I finished this challenge.

If you dont get it, you made something wrong.
At an average rate of 5-8 matches an hour, and even at an average of 1/2 of games qualify, then the average player will take roughly 120 matches to complete the challenge.

That's 15-24 hours of game time, that you need to drop in a group with.
For a game, on a weekend challenge, that's not an especially reasonable or attainable threshold for the community.

I could 'only' put around 8-9 hours in across the entire challenge, and I got 6 points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users