• The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Whoever came up with the score system for this tournament was high. Why are kills worth less than assists? Everyone will be trying not to kill anything. A better way to have done this would have been to make kills and assists equal and given a bonus to whoever did the most damage to a mech when it is finally killed. The game clearly already tracks that with the most damage reward.

#62 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostDeathlyEyes, on 13 November 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Whoever came up with the score system for this tournament was high. Why are kills worth less than assists? Everyone will be trying not to kill anything. A better way to have done this would have been to make kills and assists equal and given a bonus to whoever did the most damage to a mech when it is finally killed. The game clearly already tracks that with the most damage reward.

Kills count less than assists because the last time it was reversed, people started jumping in front of friendly fire and doing stupid nonsense just to steal kills... Had countless games where people were actively boasting about their kill steal loadout and strategies. No thank you.

The suggestion you made is valid though.

On a side note: Sad that this is happening before I got any of my cool Wave 2 mechs... :( I'll be representing Clan Wolf in a Timber and a Ferrit...

#63 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

What mechs do lone wolves and clan affiliated get to use?

View PostGaldar777, on 13 November 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Where would the list of faction mechs be??

There really should be more planning time on these lol

Gonna opt out cause theyre last seconding this into the game with little/no thought.

Unless theyre looking to actually run Steiner mechs only if youre Steinerthen its just a hidden Clan vs IS and just calling it faction

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 13 November 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#64 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

OK, hypothetical situation, highly unlikely to happen but still possible...at the start of a match I get lucky and manage to tag every enemy mech with LBX buckshot, if the match ended now I would get 12 assists or 240 pts and I would have a qualifying round, but the match progresses and later in the match I catch all 12 of the enemy the same way and kill them all with a lucky spray of LBX buckshot, now my 12 assists become 12 kills for 120pts and even though it would be a match of a lifetime the 120 pts (plus maybe 2-3 more points for the small amount of damage I would have done to accomplish this) would not qualify for this tournament. PGi this is why so many players are telling you that your scoring calculations for this (and last weekends) tournament are unbalanced! You shouldn't loose points for killing a mech, but in this (and last weekends) tournament for every kill you earn you loose 10 pts in final calculated match score with this formula...it is much much harder to kill a mech than it is to tag it and get an assist. Put another way, 3 kills + 3 assists should not be worth less than 5 assists (assuming equal damage)...and I would also argue that in most cases the player who got 3 kills and 3 assists was more valuable to his team than the player who had 5 assists (again assuming total damage dealt is equal). As so many people has pointed out, the point rewards for KILLS should be equal to ASSISTS
As far as the tournament in general goes, I know I am not entitled to be involved in every tournament so since I am an unaligned solo que player I am perfectly fine with yet another tournament I cannot participate in...besides this one again has rather meh rewards...good luck to those who do participate (specially with the messed up scoring system in this one)

#65 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostTriban, on 13 November 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

PGI you do realize most of your paying customers have other stuff to do during weekends, right?
Clearly, you lack commitment.

;)

#66 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostAppogee, on 13 November 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

Clearly, you lack commitment.[/size]

;)

and I was thinking he clearly does not realize the numbers that can only play hardcore on the weekends

#67 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:39 PM

Since PGI have the ability to track it now why not have kills and assist the same value with more points for solo kills?

For example;

Assist 10 points
Killing blow 10 points
Solo Kill 20 points

Just a suggestion...

#68 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:45 PM

mmmm, I'm grinding my new Timbers so, I guess I'd have to change faction to opt in, right?
Lone wolf or merc are IS.

Who wants me? :lol:

#69 Ultragen

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

I see so much buzz about the assist worth more than kills. This was explained various times by PGI. It is to promote team work and reduce kill "securing"... After reading a couple more detailed posts I understand the problem though, if you hit an enemy you get 20 points, but if on the second hit you kill the enemy your points are reduced to 10. My proposal would be:
Assist + Killing Blow = 30 points
Solo Kill = 30 points
Assist = 20 points
Killing Blow = 10 points (in case you were just the last man in the party and had the lucky shot).

Now, if the first one above could be tracked, I think everyone would be happy.

Myself, I do not care much for kills, as a light harasser support role, my fate commands many assists and painful deaths...

#70 DesertPenguin

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

So, if I happen to not have enough money for a clan-mech I have the chance to win a banner for a IS-faction I don't like? Nicely done...

Edited by DesertPenguin, 14 November 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#71 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostGaldar777, on 13 November 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Where would the list of faction mechs be??

IS mech = Inner Sphere Houses.
Clans Mech = Clans.

It doesn't matter if you are from House Steiner or Liao, you just need to use Inner Sphere Mech.

That sound very good. My Omnis Mech shall make a rampage!
FOR THE HULA GIRL!

View PostDesertPenguin, on 14 November 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

So, if I happen to not have enough money for a clan-mech I have to the chance to win a banner for a faction I don't like? Nicely done...

Too bad for you, you could have saved C-bill to get a Clans Mech. It's not like you know in advance when they become available for C-bill. :rolleyes:

Edited by KuroNyra, 14 November 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#72 DesertPenguin

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 14 November 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Too bad for you, you could have saved C-bill to get a Clans Mech. It's not like you know in advance when they become available for C-bill. :rolleyes:

I started barely a week ago, too bad for you that this so pro community actually has to deal with people that are no min-maxer knowitalls right from the start aswell.
And no, I did not know in advance that I have to buy special mechs and make a faction decision in a hurry to participate in an event that gets announced just a day before it starts.

Edited by DesertPenguin, 14 November 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#73 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

When i go to factions, it now shows my unit affiliated faction.
My profie shows the clan loyalist.

but when going to factions again, i am now again unit affiliated clan wolf :/

When will we be able to change our units affiliation? I currently can not change my faction in the profile.

Also, I rarely see sense in this challange except the extra 100.000 cbills per matchs with 130+ score, because if you take the former tournaments into account, the clanners in the top ranks will bemostly direwolf, stormcrow and timberwolfes, some some lone Warhawk maybe too.

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 November 2014 - 01:06 AM.

#74 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Man, no one either remembers, or was around for the tourneys where kills were worth more than assists. THOSE were bad weekends haha.

Though I do like the idea of using the new systems in the formula.
assist - 10
Killing blow - 10
Kill most damage - 15
Solo kill - 25

#75 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

View PostDesertPenguin, on 14 November 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

I started barely a week ago, too bad for you that this so pro community actually has to deal with people that are no min-maxer knowitalls right from the start aswell.
And no, I did not know in advance that I have to buy special mechs and make a faction decision in a hurry to participate in an event that gets announced just a day before it starts.

Point taken. Yes, if you are a "newbie" (no disrepect here) that help your case.
You still have time to select a faction and join it. But for this time, It won't be Clans. ;) (unless you really want and use the clans trials mech)

It's not a bad thing considering the Clans are much more difficult to use.

Try select a faction from the Inner Sphere, Or the Clans if you really want to. You still have time I believe.
Maybe the trials mech are counting on. ;)

That way you could use Clans Mech or IS Mech.

Edited by KuroNyra, 14 November 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#76 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

I agree with point that assists and kills should be rewarded equal! IT will be very strange weekend where high elo bracket i'm playing will first time in my life try not to kill mechs.... trololo

#77 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

For our beloved Archon!

#78 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 14 November 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

When i go to factions, it now shows my unit affiliated faction.
My profie shows the clan loyalist.

but when going to factions again, i am now again unit affiliated clan wolf :/

When will we be able to change our units affiliation? I currently can not change my faction in the profile.

Also, I rarely see sense in this challange except the extra 100.000 cbills per matchs with 130+ score, because if you take the former tournaments into account, the clanners in the top ranks will bemostly direwolf, stormcrow and timberwolfes, some some lone Warhawk maybe too.

I have the same problem, I see myself a lone wolf ingame, but I changed faction for the tournie as I want to claim 100k prizes while levelling my timbers, and I see the change in the forums.

Will my games count or not ?

Edited by fx8320, 14 November 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#79 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

How dumb can you get?

Assists pay more than kills? So instead of kill-stealing we'll have all mechs just tapping everyone and then trying to NOT kill anyone?

Group queue matches count? Like, really? So you gather a 12-man with 11 peeps just tanking and the 12th guy just farming damage?

Honestly PGI unless you start thinking before you do smth you can G*YS.

#80 Detriitus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts
  • LocationA long time ago in a galaxy far less explored

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

Great weekend to get deathstar ... :)

I'll go for the hula, though.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users