#81 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 14 November 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Man, no one either remembers, or was around for the tourneys where kills were worth more than assists. THOSE were bad weekends haha.

Though I do like the idea of using the new systems in the formula.
assist - 10
Killing blow - 10
Kill most damage - 15
Solo kill - 25

I agree with Punk Oblivion. I've played just over a year but I find that most players just want to follow and kill the red blip on the radar. This game has been pretty much "kill `em all" and players seldom care about any other objectives (e.g.captures). This could be how PGI is trying to steer the game from a pure robot deathmatch.

A win-win alternative might be the suggestion from PhoenixNMGLB.

#82 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

View Postfx8320, on 14 November 2014 - 01:28 AM, said:

I have the same problem, I see myself a lone wolf ingame, but I changed faction for the tournie as I want to claim 100k prizes while levelling my timbers, and I see the change in the forums.

Will my games count or not ?

when you profile where you can change the faction changes, then i geuss it will be right, in the end, you ingame faction will be the one deciding if a match counts or not. At leats in the last chassis challange it showed the ingame faction you belong to (the one setted in your profile). But I cna not change this since I am in a Unit being clan wolf, and units until today can still not change the faction. And back when we were able to create units the clanloyalists didn't existed. So we never had the chance to choose clan loyalists ingame.

#83 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:07 AM

don't even need to come up with formulas, it's so easy...match score = your score, win or loss doesn't matter...I mean it it really that hard?
PGI should instant fire the challenge makes guy lol, if there was an only way to make lurms worse it was this, the only problem about lurms is it gets high damage high assist but low kills, so most skilled guys could do high damage and still get kill in a brawler or sniper setup. Now lurms can control the score by just stop firing when they see the mech is going down, racking high assist and high damage with no skills, and making this competition another proof of endurance rather then skills that I don't want to take part of :(

View PostLily from animove, on 14 November 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

when you profile where you can change the faction changes, then i geuss it will be right, in the end, you ingame faction will be the one deciding if a match counts or not. At leats in the last chassis challange it showed the ingame faction you belong to (the one setted in your profile). But I cna not change this since I am in a Unit being clan wolf, and units until today can still not change the faction. And back when we were able to create units the clanloyalists didn't existed. So we never had the chance to choose clan loyalists ingame.

In my profile and ingame it shows lone wolves and in forum posts jade falcon, I mean log in, MWO, personal profile...lol...

If I do "select faction" my current faction is always lone wolves :/

at least you can still use clan mechs, while I have to level the timbers but my games won't count if I do that.

Edited by fx8320, 14 November 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#84 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

10 million Cbills ... that's 100 matches at >130 points

Damn anyone reaching that limit during the week end should automatically gain a "Mech bot of the year" insignia ^^

#85 Harcroft

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:42 AM

I simply do not have words to describe how ignorant and short sighted this challenge is by PGI.

My Unit uses Clan Wolf, but I do not have any clan mechs yet. I paid over $100 for this game and refuse to pay more money, but the ONLY clan mech I want is STILL not available for purchase. (btw thanks for making me wait despite paying more than enough for this incomplete game!)

So one of two things has to happen. PGI open the competition so you can just play any mech you want, or they need to fix the faction requirement. Even if that means just fixing which faction shows up when you select a faction other than your own Unit's Faction. Also no, leaving my unit is not an acceptable answer or solution, I am a high enough rank in my Unit that I handle a lot of the administrative tasks and quitting out for a weekend because PGI has no foresight just does not make sense.

The ridiculousness of the competition itself is mind boggling.100 games at 130 score is just brutally unrealistic, you'll be lucky to see 50. These competitions require you get get a large amount of assists or damage, well I can do a crapload of damage and beat the piss out of half the enemy team, but if (WHEN) my matched teammates are confirmed cannon fodder with no sense of the game or ability to actually hit an enemy mech fail to fell a single enemy mech and lie down in a conga line to die, I lose out again and again. Last competition I played seriously I lost 43 FOURTY THREE games in a row due to the random number generator matchmaking PGI uses. I can kill 2 or 3 mechs, deal plenty of damage, but when my teammates fail every game, I get F'ed...so thanks for that too PGI.

This game with it's half-assed competitions and ill conceived "Community Warfare" just wont be able to carry the already meager playerbase it has until Star Citizen's launch. Hell people left this game to play Hawken and to go BACK to Living Legends. Keep pushing away your customers with crappy efforts to engage the community and limiting mechs to people who only pay hand over fist. I'd be happy to pay more money into the game, if there was something about the game worth paying for.

#86 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

View Postfx8320, on 14 November 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

don't even need to come up with formulas, it's so easy...match score = your score, win or loss doesn't matter...I mean it it really that hard?
PGI should instant fire the challenge makes guy lol, if there was an only way to make lurms worse it was this, the only problem about lurms is it gets high damage high assist but low kills, so most skilled guys could do high damage and still get kill in a brawler or sniper setup. Now lurms can control the score by just stop firing when they see the mech is going down, racking high assist and high damage with no skills, and making this competition another proof of endurance rather then skills that I don't want to take part of :(

In my profile and ingame it shows lone wolves and in forum posts jade falcon, I mean log in, MWO, personal profile...lol...

If I do "select faction" my current faction is always lone wolves :/

at least you can still use clan mechs, while I have to level the timbers but my games won't count if I do that.

In your case, that o course sucks, because either you go IS now to participate in the event, or you delay the TBR maserting, but TBR amsters so quick, you should better focus for the tournament, if youw ant the c-bills for every 130+ match or the Hula girl.

also guys the restriction for the 10 million cbills is amde to prevent abusing the system, otherwise we would have a laod of suiciding lights that rush in, tag everyting die, and redo this.

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 November 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#87 Travers

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:59 AM

Never mind, faction change eventually worked.

Edited by Travers, 14 November 2014 - 03:03 AM.

#88 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

*Rofl*
There will be 3-4k damage and 12 assists matches dominating the highscores since groups are allowed, i guarantee it.
Oh wait, that can´t happen since there is no such thing as syncdropping. ^^
At least those self-proclaimed cometetive elite players wont f.. up solomatches for everyone this time so i got that going for me which is nice.

#89 xWIGHTx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 14 November 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Though I do like the idea of using the new systems in the formula.
assist - 10
Killing blow - 10
Kill most damage - 15
Solo kill - 25

Yeah, I agree that they should change formula and it must contain kill most damage and solo kill, but with different proportions. My suggested formula (2 variants) is:
Assist - 5/10
Killing blow - 10/15
Kill with most damage - 15/20
Solo kill - 20/25
So we have 5pts step (in both variants) from lowest to highest reward indicating importance of mechwarrior performance for the team success.

I hope there is a way to persuade PGI to change formula before event starts. Or we will face LRM-spam weekend.

Edited by xWIGHTx, 14 November 2014 - 03:26 AM.

#90 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:37 AM

I'm avoiding this challenge. Taking part in all is too tiring.

#91 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 14 November 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

I'm avoiding this challenge. Taking part in all is too tiring.

What is to avoid ? sure if your intention is MC or bust you are going to bust but other wise by opting in and playing normally you can at the worst win extra C-bills and if your faction wins you gets some cockpit items ...

I really don't see what the problem is here (tho I agree the scoring system needs a bit more work as it doesn't reward the "best" players only mostly the grinding )

#92 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostSaobh, on 14 November 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

What is to avoid ? sure if your intention is MC or bust you are going to bust but other wise by opting in and playing normally you can at the worst win extra C-bills and if your faction wins you gets some cockpit items ...

I really don't see what the problem is here (tho I agree the scoring system needs a bit more work as it doesn't reward the "best" players only mostly the grinding )

Well I can't speak for everyone, but in my personal experience challenge weekends tend to be less fun than normal games. I agree with you on just playing a few games for the fun instead of grinding, and if you win free stuff then it's a bonus.

But these weekends tend to turn into LRM and Airstrike spam... more so than normal games. So I'll probably try and play a few for the hula girl and some extra Cbills, but will likely play less than usual.

#93 Veebora

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

Where I can find the list of mechs from each faction?

#94 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostVeebora, on 14 November 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

It's only IS vs. Clan...

#95 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostVeebora, on 14 November 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Clanmechs:

Adder
Kit fox
Ice ferret
Nova
Stormcrow
Maddog
Summoner
Timberwolf
Warhawk
Direwolf

everyhing else is IS

#96 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

Kill securing was only an issue when kills where worth MORE in scoring than the assist. Not equal.

Making the scoring equal gives no more incentive to kill vs the assist. Underscoring kills means people actively avoid kills and penalizes the ones who do kill. Just like the last challenge demonstrated.

For example I could kill 3-4 mechs, few assist, and 800+ dmg but yet I scored less than the lights who erll poked for 10-12 assist (or who Leroy charged splashing as many enemy as possible with mediums before dying miserably 30 seconds in)... regardless of what else they did. When that is the case I am not really sure that scoring is accurately reflecting the amount of work each is putting in. :mellow:

If we really want to improve scoring, this would all be based on match score with a bonus for winning. In the interim to that though... putting kill and assist on par with each other seems like common sense.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 14 November 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#97 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

All participants who play 10 matches will receive a free Hula Girl cockpit Item manually injected at the end of the tournament!

Simply 10 Matches or 10 Matches with 130Score?

#98 Canzi

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:12 AM

10 for kill and 20 for assist? Who came up with that idea? It's not logic... First challenge I remeber was 20 for kill 10 for assist, dmg was the same, 10 or 20 for staying alive and 20 for winning.

#99 Bob Jenkins

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:16 AM

Would very much like to see kills and assists counting for the same equal value, to discourage idiot play and more cooperation among teammates (solo or group que). Not only for this tournament but going forward.

#100 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

Keep it simple. Kills = Assists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users