Faction Challenge 3

379 replies to this topic

#121 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

I like these events and will participate for the cbills. Glad PGI does events like these. I am still going to continue suggesting an improvement in scoring though.

As I said before, in the long term I think they should migrate to a match score with a bonus for the win, but in the meantime they could make a simple adjustment to have a more equal scoring system.

View Posttkospec5, on 14 November 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

Kills are less than assist to take people that just bum rush and not use any sort of strategy out of the game. Or would you like people mech blocking you for every shot attempt? It's hard enough to deal with crap pugs every match.

Again since you must have missed it.

Kill securing was only an issue when kills where worth more than assist. If they made them equal it would not cause any more problem than in a normal game since there would no incentive to kill vs assist. Both rewarded with scoring equally does not overly score/ encourage one over the other.

Speaking of bum rushing. Assist scoring like this leads to people going Leroy to splash all the enemy with lasers then die miserably. Rushing without a strategy is hardly exclusive to the previous scoring when kills where scored higher than assist.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 14 November 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#122 Skyraxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostBilbo, on 14 November 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Are you in a unit? I don't think you get a choice in that case. You are what your leader is.

I am, I didn't know that took effect yet. I thought that was for CW?

#123 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

There will be again a lot of traffic this weekend...

#124 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostSkyraxx, on 14 November 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

I am, I didn't know that took effect yet. I thought that was for CW?

Don't know if it's taken effect yet or not, but it's the only reason I can think of that you aren't able to change it.

#125 Sandro742

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostBilbo, on 14 November 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Don't know if it's taken effect yet or not, but it's the only reason I can think of that you aren't able to change it.

I am a leader of a unit and cant change it as well, so... (I mean here on forum it is changed, but in my profile its not. Perhaps it will change when the tourney starts?)

Edited by Sandro742, 14 November 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#126 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

If your finding you cant change your faction write support a note with what faction you want it changed to, I did just that 2 days ago around 6pm Pacific and at 6:05 I got a email saying it was done.

#127 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

@russ_bullock #clarify

If my unit is Merc but my profile is Jade Falcon I will be scored where?

#128 Sandro742

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

probably Merc

#129 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

One thing I do like is the addition again of scores listed and that TEAM DAMAGE is actually showed! While there is no tourney event or challenge that will appease everyone the little things added each time really improve the experience.

#130 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

Man, only in an event like this am I disappointed in a 4 kill, 5 assist match. I just don't have it in me to stop shooting to avoid getting kills. Feels so wrong, so I keep wrecking faces, "robbing" myself of 40 points.

I really hope Russ and co. rethink the formula for next time. Make kills and assists 20 points each.

edit; it is nice to see matches where I only dealt 1 point of team damage. That feels good.

Edited by Kevjack, 14 November 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#131 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

I read:

Players who opt in can earn 100,000 C-bills per match when they score above 130 points.

Should it read:

Players who opt in will earn 100,000 C-bills per match when they score above 130 points.

???

Edited by Rhialto, 14 November 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#132 Lancer Deistler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationStationed with the 8th Arcturan Guards at Here

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

My scoring seems to have stopped working.

Anyone else has that issue?

Edit: Only IS games count, dooh!

Edited by Lancer Deistler, 14 November 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#133 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostLancer Deistler, on 14 November 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

My scoring seems to have stopped working.
Posted Image

Anyone else has that issue?

Quit running clan mechs and you will start scoring again.

#134 lurknmerc14

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

Wow can anyone explain why I'm ghost Bear have ghost bear next to my name and in game yet you're system put me in merc core and I can't get anything now unless I play IS mechs which I don't own...... go figure another event I can't take part in.

#135 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:21 AM

Only victories count again,only thing this promotes is utter frustration/bad blood/horrible language in the chat and will cost some active players during the weekend,maybe even permanently.
MAKE SOMETHING LIKE +30 POINTS FOR WIN FOR THE NEXT TOURNEY AND MAKE THE LOSSES COUNT TOO

#136 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

So, yet another event that while I'm grateful they even run events, is just not promoting a healthy level of play.

100 matches, that haveto qualify as well in order to make the max cbill payout, let alone what is needed if someone intends to grind the top spot for their chosen faction/affiliation.

Like I said, I'm grateful that they even run events, but I think they need to step back and take a harder look on just how much time they're looking to make people spend playing. You start pushing for too much grind, especially with the grind that CW is likely to bring, you're looking to burn a lot of people out on the game, really quickly.

#137 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

hooray! I am in the event. I guess playing IS mechs though. PGI needs to work out a few bugs for these events

(green budgie has no effect....)

Edited by Verkhne, 14 November 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#138 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

Nice job,PGI.
I bet it was hard to make the worst event formula this far, but you succeeded. My congradulations.

Edited by Nick Drezary, 14 November 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#139 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostRhialto, on 14 November 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

I read:

Players who opt in can earn 100,000 C-bills per match when they score above 130 points.

Should it read:

Players who opt in will earn 100,000 C-bills per match when they score above 130 points.

???

I am curious about that as well.

#140 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

OK, I do not need a ^&**%$&^$%*#$%&^ response to this......

%(*^&%$*^%&#%&$^$%^&(%^)*^%)&*^%%$%$#^%$& PILES OF %^&*(%^^(*%%^& GARBAGE &^*()^&*(^&%^(*&% NEED TO Y^&(^&*%^&(*$*%&^ PAY SOME ^&&(*^%(^%&*%^(&%^(* ATTENTION &^*(^&)(*^&)%%^($#%& TO THE TOURNAMENTS^*&)^*^&^&(* JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT OPT IN &*(^&%^&$%&^$% DOESNT FRAGGIN MEAN^&*(%^$%^&$ I WANNA LOSE CUZ YOU CANT SHOOT THE ^&)(*^%^*&$ ENEMIES YOU WHINEY LITTLE MOTHER&^*(%$^&$^%$*$^%&* PILE OF &^*(^%(&* DAM&*()& C*&(R*()A)(*P

Seriously now, even if you aren't in the tournament, its likely that most of your team is... do not ruin our chances because you don't care... (yes, I lost a qualifying match because some guy convinced a few others to cap base, because and I will almost quote him, "F the tournament")

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users