Faction Challenge 3

379 replies to this topic

#161 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Why is 1 kill worth less than 1 assist? shouldn't they be of equal value?

#162 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostGalmOne, on 14 November 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Why is 1 kill worth less than 1 assist? shouldn't they be of equal value?

You are supposed to learn that it is more blessed to give than to receive. [Acts 20:35; KJV]

Edited by Redoxin, 14 November 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#163 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostPugnax, on 14 November 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

So basically you lose points for getting kills... that is stupid as ****. Anyone can run around and get 12 assists by shooting everyone once.

The best mech for this challenge is SDR with ECM & LL. Just to scratch enemys from distance & hope others will kill them.
No points for flanking, scouting, more damage or something else.
Such chalenge just sucks.

#164 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

To be honest, it really would be best if anyone trying to make the CBills off this challenge did use something like an ECM light with ERLL.

Playing as normal is going to be a slow grind, as thus far, seeing mostly snipe and swipe tactics from the clear participants.

Wins are coming slow and hard, so you need a mech that can just get those assists to at least to reap some benefit out of the weekend, and lights have a better queue time than most LRM boats, which will also be hurt by all the BAP.

I hate cheese builds, and hate abusing tourney formulas, but I also don't want to waste a weekend of premium, so I may have to take my own advice here.

#165 Kellon Black

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

Great! I love the weekend challenges.

Unfortunately I can rarely play during the weekends, and this challenge seems to end earlier compared to the other weekend challenges. So no c-bills for me. Oh, well.

Atleast there is no new huge red X in my profile for this weekend. I have enough of those. ;)

Raz.

#166 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostRedoxin, on 14 November 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Just had an 8 assist game, so I should have more than 160 points. And I didnt get the 100k reward for it that you only need 130 points for.

you do not get the cbill reward until after the tournament, then you will recieve a lump sum payment.

I played two games, both qualified:

In the FRR list it totaled that out as 246, is this common core math at work? I went and ate dinner and well over an hour has passed, that total hasn't changed.

Edited by Abivard, 14 November 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#167 sven stryker

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostBilbo, on 14 November 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Are you in a unit? I don't think you get a choice in that case. You are what your leader is.

It would be nice if they actually, you know, listed that in the tournament post.

Edited by sven stryker, 14 November 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#168 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

Kills being worth less than assists is moronic. Either make kills worth slightly more, or make them equal.

The best way to do it in my eyes would be 10 points for a kill, 10 for an assist and 10 for the most damage kill since it's being tracked now. That way sneaking in the final blow isn't encouraged, nor is peppering as many mechs as possible. The top scores will go to people who get on a target and focus it down, then move onto the next threat.

#169 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

it seems people haven't been around for times when kills are worth more than assists. You have people literally TK'ing either to get a kill, or to kill the person that just got the kill out of spite.

welcome to solo queue

#170 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Equality is the way to go, I've seen both ways, and both suck equally, whereas equal scoring, the one logical choice, has yet to be attempted.

Edited by Kodyn, 14 November 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#171 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostAbivard, on 14 November 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I played two games, both qualified:
In the FRR list it totaled that out as 246, is this common core math at work? I went and ate dinner and well over an hour has passed, that total hasn't changed.

The c-bill bonus doesn't factor in points for a win (a.k.a. 20 points).
The tournament total only counts scores from winning matches.

#172 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

well, at least pgi is giving incentives for people to play while they collect IS vs Clan data

#173 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 13 November 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Kill and Assist should be scored the same... as it should have been on the challenge last weekend as well.

the thing is when you get a kill you tend to get more damage from component destroys unless they are striped befor you get the kill.

it also gives more incentive to go lights and mediums thus making games easier to find

Edited by Frost Lord, 14 November 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#174 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

Im guessing you need the 130 and the win to count to the ten games or is the Qualify just how many games you have received C-bills for? seems redundant if that is the case since you can see how many C-bills you have but it doesn't say you need a minimum score just a win.

#175 RalphVargr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationTureded, Lanth Subsector, Spinward Marches

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

PSA:

This is a playtest, disguised as a tournament. Take all approved medications before playing. I did. :)

I've got my Hula girl, and my Lone Wolves seem to be leading at this point, so there. :)

No wins, and I'm averaging 48 points a match. It feels good. :)

I'm #535 on the Lone Wolf leaderboard. That feels even better. I suck! :)

Edited by RalphVargr, 14 November 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#176 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

Wow, i realy love the Callenge, i am for sure an Low Elo Player and damm i see Lords, on my Side on the Enemy Side, yehhhay <3

#177 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Always with the formulas that reward people who spread damage. Makes you lose points for sneaking behind someone and coring them. Not rewarded for smart play. This time it's do as much damage as you can but don't get the killing blow.

#178 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

Wouldn't know if it's working, hasn't updated in like 1.5 hrs......

#179 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

I have to say, I am very curious as to why they include a thread for discussion of each of these events.

If it's for feedback, you can go through and look at all of them, and it's mostly negative feedback on the scoring formulas and how they influence general gameplay...yet there don't seem to be Dev responses, nor any changes.

Just a thread to vent then, therapy for the frustration induced by the events? The two reasonable suggestions we keep seeing are split the queues for events, and change the formula for kills and assists to be equal, both met with equal silence. Curious.

#180 Morpheousz

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

Something curious, my top 10 matches don't line up with my position score, but they almost do with my top 11... off by 10 points...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users