#21 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostBrody319, on 12 November 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

(also prepare for the riots, the urban mech is confirmed)

WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, tell me it is not a joke! :(

#22 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 November 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

It is unlikely PGI will pick Clan Mechs that don't fulfill the tonnage gaps that exist.

There's still room for a 20 tonner (Light, probably Firemoth), 40 tonner (Medium, I'm sure someone can figure something out there), 90 or 95 tonner (Assault, probably Supernova).

Once those tonnage fillers are completed, then you'll probably have more of the popular ones in their respective weight classes.

This depends. Do they want to make money or are they worried about filling gaps?

Firemoth isn't really going to make money, Arctic Cheetah however could sit at the top of a package and people would spend $120 just to get that mech.

If they put together a good pack focusing on those mechs the community really wants, then they will make bank, not doing this just leaves money on the table.

Again:

Arctic Cheetah - Fills the, Fast 35 ton light mech with JJs category that is woefully missing from the Clan Line up)

Viper or Shadow Cat (Viper covers the 40 ton gap)

Cauldron Born or Night Gyr (Cauldron Born is almost a must have due to popularity however in terms of sheer power, the the Gyr might dethrone the Timby as top mech) Also we already have all heavy mech weights filled.

Exectution or Kingfisher (95 and 90 tons so again both fit the gap).

Put 4 of those in a pack and they can have $120 from me right now. Put all 7 in a pack and they can have $210 from me. Throw in crap and they risk me not buying at all and just waiting for C-bill variants.

#23 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 12 November 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Both the FS9-O Firestarter and BJ2-O Blackjack are mediums and boast DHS. You do not have to wait for the Men Shen to be available for an IS Omnmech pack. Some might be leery of the FS9-O because of its two extra fixed double heat sinks (on of which is inexplicably mounted outside the 270 XL) and two fixed flamers (but hey ECM variant ftw right?). The BJ2-O is slow as it keeps pace with stock Catapults, but it boasts some serious hitting power for its weight.

Add the reject and the Blackhawk Ku to the reinforcement and pack makes it in time for Operations: Birddog/Bulldog/Serpent.

I left the Firestarter Omnimech, the Blackjack Omnimech and the Blackhawk-KU out of the list because these chassis are somewhat represented in the game already. I think is more interesting to add completely new mechs instead.

#24 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 12 November 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

This depends. Do they want to make money or are they worried about filling gaps?

Firemoth isn't really going to make money, Arctic Cheetah however could sit at the top of a package and people would spend $120 just to get that mech.

If they put together a good pack focusing on those mechs the community really wants, then they will make bank, not doing this just leaves money on the table.

Again:

Arctic Cheetah - Fills the, Fast 35 ton light mech with JJs category that is woefully missing from the Clan Line up)

Viper or Shadow Cat (Viper covers the 40 ton gap)

Cauldron Born or Night Gyr (Cauldron Born is almost a must have due to popularity however in terms of sheer power, the the Gyr might dethrone the Timby as top mech) Also we already have all heavy mech weights filled.

Exectution or Kingfisher (95 and 90 tons so again both fit the gap).

Put 4 of those in a pack and they can have $120 from me right now. Put all 7 in a pack and they can have $210 from me. Throw in crap and they risk me not buying at all and just waiting for C-bill variants.

Night Gyr is a little ahead in the timeline (3052).
Fire Moth, Shadow Cat and Executioner have MASC.
So I think the safe bet is the one I proposed for Wave III.

(and yes, I will buy that pack)

#25 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 12 November 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, tell me it is not a joke! :(

As far as I know, the UrbanMech is not confirmed.

#26 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 November 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Russ said they will stick with the mech pack release system, so I'm posting here a list of suggestions/predictions for the next packs.

This makes my wallet weep.... I am OCD enough that I have bought top tier for every pack released thus far, but I can't keep this up.... :(

#27 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

When can we expect the Nova Cat?

Before 2020?

#28 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 November 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

And, last but not least, the Project Phoenix II: (OK, only in our dreams)

- Light: Wasp, Stinger (or Valkyrie)
- Medium: Phoenix Hawk, Ostroc (or Ostsol)
- Heavy: Marauder, Warhammer
- Assault: Longbow, Marauder II
Reinforcements/Reward: Archer, Crusader (or Rifleman)
What do you think?

Definitely dreaming. Would be awesome though. I would pay cash right this very second for a Marauder II and I really don't have money at the moment.

Edited by Captain Stiffy, 12 November 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#29 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostMacster16, on 12 November 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Before 2020?

If we don't get a timeline jump, 2025ish. It's a 3059 mech.

We'll get one at some point, I'm sure.

Edited by Mcgral18, 12 November 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#30 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

At the current rate the next interesting pack isn't due in for another year so I don't have any problems with the pack model. But if you are one of those that get both clan and IS then you are in for a hard time.

#31 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

View Postcdlord, on 12 November 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

[/size]
This makes my wallet weep.... I am OCD enough that I have bought top tier for every pack released thus far, but I can't keep this up.... :(

hopefully there will be a pretty good gap until the next one. they sorta rushed resistance to get pre-orders before KC..

Next IS pack WILL have Black Knight and Cyclops....no "OR" involved....
and in order for them to do some serious damage to my wallet, it will have to look something like this:
-Mongoose, Crab, Black Knight, Cyclops...

then the next Clan pack, to make its mark:
-Yes, to arctic fox.

-Viper is...meh...especially with Ice Ferret already in game. same speed, less guns...no thanks, fix Masc, and give me the shadowcat...or,...just give us the shadowcat, with a masc filler....i'd be good with that....just....give me shadowcat

-Couldron-Born, yes....YES...HELL YES!! (honestly this alone would probably get some money out of me...)

-Kingsfisher....meh. same thing as viper, give us the executioner without masc until they figure out what they want to do with it although the executioner needs about as much love than the man'o'war got....*shudders*...side note: alex good work, when i heard "Man'O'War, i cringed, that thing is pretty ugly, you managed to make it look, well still ugly, but more like a fearsome ugly, not just...."bluugh what is that"

Edited by KamikazeRat, 12 November 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#32 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

Clan wise..
Kodiak = Instant sale!

IS wise..
Bushwacker = Instant sale!

Everything else is just fluff ;) FYI- Keep that fat ***** Annihilator out of this game... ugly *****!

Edited by Creovex, 12 November 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#33 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

Before 2020?

My Nostradamus powers can't reach that far, but let's do a rational analysis (from April and beyond is a guessing exercise):
  • November, 2014: Mist Lynx (pre-order)
  • December, 2014: Mad Dog (MC), Hellbringer (pre-order), Gargoyle (pre-order), King Crab (reward)
  • January, 2015: Mad Dog (C-Bills), Ice Ferret (MCs), Mist Lynx (MCs)
  • February, 2015: Ice Ferret (C-Bills), Mist Lynx (C-Bills), Hellbringer (MCs), Gargoyle (MCs), Panther (pre-order), Enforcer (pre-order)
  • March, 2015: Hellbringer (C-Bills), Gargoyle (C-Bills), Grasshopper (pre-order), Zeus (pre-order)
  • April, 2015: Panther (MCs), Enforcer (MCs)
  • May, 2015: Grasshopper (MCs), Zeus (MCs), Panther (C-Bills), Enforcer (C-Bills)
  • June, 2015: Grasshopper (C-Bills), Zeus (C-Bills), King Crab (MCs)
  • July, 2015: King Crab (C-Bills), Arctic Cheetah (pre-order), Viper (pre-order)
  • August, 2015: Caudron-Born (pre-order), Kingfisher (pre-order)
  • September, 2015: Arctic Cheetah (MCs), Viper (MCs), Huntsman (pre-order)
  • October, 2015: Cauldron-Born (MCs), Kingfisher (MCs), Arctic Cheetah (C-Bills), Viper (C-Bills), Thorn (pre-order), Sentinel (pre-order)
  • November, 2015: Cauldron-Born (C-Bills), Kingfisher (C-Bills), Huntsman (MCs), Black Knight (pre-order), Cyclops (pre-order)
  • December, 2015: Huntsman (C-Bills), Thorn (MCs), Sentinel (MCs)
  • January, 2016: Thorn (C-Bills), Sentinel (C-Bills), Black Knight (MCs), Cyclops (MCs)
  • February, 2016: Black Knight (C-Bills), Cyclops (C-Bills)...
If you keep up with that, the Nova Cat will probably be released in 2018.

(and 2018 is assuming PGI will do time leaps)

#34 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

Before 2020?

Officially 3059 as the MUL date, but fluff and lore indicate that is when they started marching out of the Irece Alpha plant. Some were captured by the Smoke Jaguars during Operation: Birddog. A single Star was traded to Clan Wolf-in-Exile just prior to the First Ghostbear-Combine War. So other than a very small scatting, it is a Clan Nova Cat exclusive for a long time.

View PostCreovex, on 12 November 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Clan wise..
Kodiak = Instant sale!

IS wise..
Bushwacker = Instant sale!

Everything else is just fluff ;)

I find that blasphemous. The Kodiak is a nice assault, but it is not that nice. Same goes for the Bushwacker as a medium.
The Turkina would likely sell better than the Kodiak, no offense to your Ghost Bear pride. If you want a sales monster for the IS class look no futher than the Thunderhawk or Pillager. All three just ooze cheese.

#35 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 12 November 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

then the next Clan pack, to make its mark:
-Yes, to arctic fox.

-Viper is...meh...especially with Ice Ferret already in game. same speed, less guns...no thanks, fix Masc, and give me the shadowcat...or,...just give us the shadowcat, with a masc filler....i'd be good with that....just....give me shadowcat

First off, Arctic Cheetah.

Second, the Viper will outclass the Fenris in nearly every way. 8 hardwired JJs means it can jump, and jump well. 8.5 tons of pod space means exactly one less small laser, that the Fenris can't even mount because of the bad hardpoints.

Viper has a potential 9 E hardpoints. It can mount 5 on the torsos alone, which is more than the Fenris can ever mount on it's fragile arms. It also has 4 ballistic slots; 2 in each ST. Alongside 2 E hardpoints per arm, and a CT E hardpoint. Yep, a 40 ton Ember. With Clam lazors.

Viper is straight up better than the Fenris.

Edited by Mcgral18, 12 November 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#36 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 November 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Second, the Viper will outclass the Fenris in nearly every way. 8 hardwired JJs means it can jump, and jump well. 8.5 tons of pod space means exactly one less small laser, that the Fenris can't even mount because of the bad hardpoints.

Viper has a potential 9 E hardpoints. It can mount 5 on the torsos alone, which is more than the Fenris can ever mount on it's fragile arms. It also has 4 ballistic slots; 2 in each ST. Alongside 2 E hardpoints per arm, and a CT E hardpoint. Yep, a 40 ton Ember. With Clam lazors.

Agreed! They are keeping the best for last (Arctic Cheetah and Viper).

#37 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

The Kingfisher should be interesting. People already complain about Clan XLs they will go ballistic over a proper zombie. The only configuration without at least one CT energy hardpoint is the B (granted it is also the only one with AMS).

#38 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 12 November 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

The Kingfisher should be interesting. People already complain about Clan XLs they will go ballistic over a proper zombie. The only configuration without at least one CT energy hardpoint is the B (granted it is also the only one with AMS).

Center torso PPC!

#39 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

We need the Mackie p a c k i e.

Edited by Belorion, 12 November 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#40 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 12 November 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

yes, sorry...was thinking about kit fox parallels while typing and my brain stroked out for a second...

meh is disinterest... i was stating opinion not any sort of factual comparison... i am not interested in Viper, 5 less tons is 5 less tons. i never really said its wholesale worse, but it fills the same role...and less room for guns...maybe more slots for them...i didnt go hardpoint counting(actually didnt math the tonnage on that one too hard at all, either)....but even if it makes better use of its tonnage, for my money, i'd still rather have Shadow Cat action. would i be upset if it was a Viper?...no, just less likely to buy...as the viper feels more or less the same as the fenris. so...i reiterate....MEH....give me some Shadow Cat, and my money is as good as gone.

THIS....thing....
http://www.sarna.net...iper_(Dragonfly)

OR THIS sexy thing....
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shadow_Cat

Edited by KamikazeRat, 12 November 2014 - 03:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users