#61 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostTrapMech, on 16 November 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Ok I beefed up the Armor on one of my mediums. Tried to take hits on the arms and run around like a light a bit more(Cicada Mec). I was a bit more successful and managed to keep some heavies busy and distracted while my team moved in. It is difficult one wrong move and I get pinned down. I guess I jut need practice.

Post your Cicada builds for scrutiny. Use smurfy.

Edited by Kevjack, 16 November 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#62 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 16 November 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

The Lights and Mediums dont fit a CoD TDM style game very well. But if we had objectives like other MW games have, where your objective drags you across a massive map to destroy a firebase, meanwhile your required to cover a retreat of another unit elsewhere on the map, the Mediums can be moved quick enough to respond and provide some support until the bigger units move back to really mix it up. Also, mediums can pursue retreating units easier......

Except that doesnt work either because half the mediums move at the same speed as the heavies and assaults

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 16 November 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Except that doesnt work either because half the mediums move at the same speed as the heavies and assaults

but are still considerably more agile, in most cases.

#64 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 16 November 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Depends on which mediums and heavies/assaults we're talking about. If you're not a STD engine Hunchie or Zombie Cent, you should be breaking at least 90kph in a medium. There are a number of decent builds that get into the upper 90s or lower 100s (i.e. a meta Shadow Hawk 2K with 3 ERLL can go roughly 105-106 kph, Sparky Griffin with 2 LL + 4 ML can go about the same). The Doomcrow goes 106.9 kph no problem...

Clan heavies of course go 89.1 kph, which doesn't exactly help matters. At least most IS heavies are slower than that though (usually 70s range to low 80s, some even go in the upper 60s). Assaults tend to be even slower, outside of up-engined Victors, Badmasters, and Unawesomes. The Gargles may change this though, due to sharing the same speed as Clan heavies...

Edited by FupDup, 16 November 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#65 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

My HBK-GI really tears up the road when using the quirk-related weapons. That UAC5 really shoots fast now.

Rarely go below 500 damage if I play well. 800 or more if I get to use those MPLs more.

#66 NineTails

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

In my Stormcrow, I see my #1 role through the entire game as anti-light duty. With x4 ERML (which is a relatively light but tonnage-efficient method of deterring light mechs), I can help keep lights from being able to engage my teammates safely. In the very early game, I try to scout and to support our light scouts, keeping enemy lights off their backs and enabling clean retreats. Once our heavies and assaults are engaging, I work alongside them, throwing my LRM volleys while keeping enemy lights from cutting through their rear armor.

I don't have the armor or the direct firepower to engage the enemy murderball directly, and doing so would mean leaving our heavier units more vulnerable. That's why I run LRMs on my Stormcrow; they let me contribute to the general mayhem without encouraging enemy Dire Wolves to blast me to scrap and allow me to retain my proper positioning; cowering behind our own assaults.

#67 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

I go into a little more depth here OP, you might find some good tips to help you figure out how to build your mechs and find your "niche" and play style that you enjoy

#68 Kiryuin Ragyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostToxinTractor, on 14 November 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Roll of a medium...

...is prey.

#69 TrapMech

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

Ok upgraded my Endo and ferrous(had regular armor before) on my main built mech. Instead of a 5,10,15 my last three matches have been 15,30,45. So on the upswing :)

#70 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostTrapMech, on 16 November 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Ok upgraded my Endo and ferrous(had regular armor before) on my main built mech. Instead of a 5,10,15 my last three matches have been 15,30,45. So on the upswing :)

That's awesome!

Just remember the "role" of your mech is largely dependent on your personal play style and how you build your mech. That's with any weight class. Play to the strengths of your specific build and you'll typically do much better. Every mech and build will have its own nuances and drawbacks. Most of it jsut comes down to learning how to utilize your mech

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users