Cw Merc Company Perk Suggestions.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

So from the townhall the other day it seems like to start there will be no real advantage to being in a merc company and that they are looking for suggestions for exactly that. I poked around with my limited search foo and seen no topics on this so I decided to start a post. Hopefully this is the appropriate section for it.

Here is a helpfull breakdown of the townhall from Zeece (thanks man).

http://mwomercs.com/...v-13th-session/

One of the things they mentioned was that the shortest contract would be 1 month. My first suggestion would be to allow merc companies the ability to break this and go with a 2 week contract.

My second suggestion would be based on the assumption that the longer the contract the greater the LP rewards. If that is true (I personally think it should be) then mercs could be significantly hurting themselves by going with short term contracts. To offset this mercs should get a LP bonus for each faction they have rep with that is close to the same. Ie if you have rep with all the factions but only two of them are relatively close then you would get a small bonus. If you have rep with four factions (or more) that are fairly close you would get a greater bonus. If balanced right a company that is loyal to one faction could still gain focused bonuses for long term contracts but then a neutral mech company would get some benefiet to being impartial and gain decent LP while keeping relations with multiple factions.

Thats all I have for right now. I look forward to reading feedback and even more to alternate ideas from other players,

#2 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

You're reading it wrong. It is poorly worded though.

Unless you take a permanent 'contract' then you ARE a merc company.

They need the contract system because people paid real money to have both Clan as IS mechs on one account.

#3 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Just because you are a house pilot does not mean you will stay one. You could be discharged and become a merc or you could even turn traitor and join a rival house. Contracts are not in the game solely to cater to people who bought mechs for both factions.

To me I think in some situations a month may be too long which is why I would like the minimum shortened to 2 weeks, obviously with less rewards.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users