Repair And Refit Made Simple

506 replies to this topic

#501 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

Having limited ammo and parts in an area of operations is the sort of 'economy' thing which might be fun. You wouldn't even have to charge for it, and probably shouldn't; that sidesteps the looming problem proponents of R+R always ignore, where rewarding people for taking cheap mechs means encouraging people to help their team lose. If the supply is global, then you're helping your side stay in the action longer if you can make an effective mech out of readily available parts. And of course any mech or parts thereof that survived goes back in the pool and doesn't draw down the supply.

Instead of 'X wins == capture planet' like some sort of leaderboard, you could have a war of attrition.

#502 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostFrosty Brand, on 25 November 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Further thoughts: we need a working item trade/sell/buy economy, so that item shortages are the"tax" not a flat cost. That will effect everyone equally rich or poor, doesn't matter how many 0s you have in your cbill account when there aren't any ppcs outside of salvage in your neck of the universe. Obviously certain gear like, oh easy generalization, anything less then 100k (excluding ammo, which would start and reset supply in the 100 thousands, and reset every week/month/time period) should be available to allow people to get their mechs back in the fight. Now that would beat out a simple "tax".

I've laid that out in my threads as well and I agree 100% supply lines and such

#503 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostSandpit, on 25 November 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

The flaw in your logic?

You ALREADY HAVE game modes where R&R isn't an issue. Don't like R&R? PLAY THOSE MODES

see, I'm not the one asking to game to cater exclusively to me. You're asking the game to exclusively cater to you and your idea of fun.

That's no flaw in my proposal - see, i explicitly suggested that you get your own game mode, activated in the glimpse of a few seconds in your options! In both CW and PUG! I'm on your side! Why not give everyone what they crave? Because who would want CW to be a gamemode that only caters to a very specific fraction of the playerbase? Make everyone happy!

#504 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Postollo, on 25 November 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

That's no flaw in my proposal - see, i explicitly suggested that you get your own game mode, activated in the glimpse of a few seconds in your options! In both CW and PUG! I'm on your side! Why not give everyone what they crave? Because who would want CW to be a gamemode that only caters to a very specific fraction of the playerbase? Make everyone happy!

Because every OTHER game mode caters to the other players. You're already getting what you want, you're just not getting it in the WAY you want. If you want the "easier" game style, play pubs, if you want the "harder" game style play CW.

#505 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostFrosty Brand, on 25 November 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

What do you mean with this post?
Do you mean they can curve up costs to someone cored early vs another dire wolf that empties its ammo bins, gets 6 kills, and lives at say 8% structure between head and a remaining side torso with Their team barely winning, say 11/12? Extreme case, yes, but how do we set up the cored unit and the survivor so the survivor doesn't pay half the cost of the mech after rewards in repairs while the cored unit gets (probably) much less for little to no involvement in the match but doesn't go into debt too?

no, what im saying is,
that if you die early on, you wouldn't have earned much for the match,
as so you would not have a huge repair bill, balancing your match earnings with your repair costs,
-0-
if you last the entire match, you would earned much much more for the match as you would have done more,
as so you would have a larger repair bill, but your match earnings to repair costs would still be balanced,

this isnt about rewarding players that died early on,
its about making it balanced for players that killed early on due to a mistake,
less play = less reward, more play = more reward, im just trying to balance costs,

#506 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:22 PM

Hmm, so start with a decent standardized reward that increases faster then theoretical damage/ second sustained, or just use the current formula but at a higher rate.

Hmm, ok that, the item economy, and for engines, let's say you never lose them (the exception to the rule) and pay up to 1% the value fresh(a 4 mil engine? 40k, there are lots of items worth more to replace). I think it could work, and people really couldn't game it. Static/Lower rewards in trial mechs to let new players get in and keep people from cbill farming? Can't charge you when you're new for a semi tricked out rental if we want to keep you in cw. Yes, I know hardcore and all, but people will jump in unprepared. I think a trial getting the current (we'll call the current modes arcade/solaris) rewards, plus salvage should be attainable (say last in round robin lot style) with everyone getting to set a 1/match need for one item, should it be in the salvage pool, thus letting new players pick up random items without having to inflate money earned in a trial.
Not as gamable as trials would earn somewhat decently, but gives you an item or 3 per round for when you can vustomize.

#507 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

Maybe 10% for engine repairs, but that can get pricy, also engines won't "drop" if destroyed, only via leg/head kills, so less odds of a xl 400 on the drop pool even before salvage checks get made. 160-320 from scouty mechs are more likely to drop, like say anything a raven or locust may carry(assuming the engine isn't cored of course).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users