Patch Notes - 1.3.350 - 18-Nov-2014

75 replies to this topic

#21 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

New map is okay, finally something useable, thanks for that .
Lack of real bugfixes is disappointing, as is the MLX .

Still pretty sparse

#22 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostSteel Scout, on 18 November 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Well after a few hours of using the mist linx, I had originally hoped that it would be the clan spider but it certainly has not lived up to that. It just dies, quickly and with out much fuss. Not sure why its so much worse at surviving that the spider but it appears that way. May want to look into that later.

So far, the first 2 clan mechs released for wave 2 have been big busts for me, hate the ice ferret, and so far not liking the linx, hope things change.

So it has realistic hitboxes like the Jenner/Commando/Kit Fox/Adder/Locust?

#23 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostMerchant, on 18 November 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Mist Lynx, always run a C Left Arm, it will be interesting to see which Right Arm is used since this one will be faster than the Kit Fox.

ECM Locust, I would drool if it were not a Hero. 20 tonner with ECM may not be too much P2W but still.....

Not sure what to say about the Shadow Hawk since I have not used them.

Another new map is interesting.

Why when it comes to Cockpit Items are there never any Mounted ones except for special events?

Pay To Win + Locust....... what??

Its a locust how is it pay to win?

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostSaxie, on 18 November 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Pay To Win + Locust....... what??

Its a locust how is it pay to win?

"It has ECM"

Im betting 150 cbills thats the answer

#25 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostAverage Pilot, on 18 November 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

I like the new map, but if I have a complaint about the game, it is this... There is an insufficient level of interaction between the map elements and mechs, and not just on the new map. When I run into a small tree with a 75-ton machine, the tree should be flattened. On the bog map, it should be fairly easy to see where an enemy has passed by the swath of destruction in the vegetation left behind.

I know there is some level of interaction - environmental mostly with vision needs and map heat sources. Do the powers that be have any intent to increase the level of map-mech interaction, or will it just be left as-is? If the latter, why is that the case? Priorities, scarce resources..?

This has been a comment since closed beta.

I believe the main concern is proper terrain destruction synchronization between 24 clients and whether adding this feature to maps is worth the development effort given the limited team size and the other higher priority items on their list. I also believe that PGI has said it is on their list of things to look at.

(By synchronization I am referring to the destruction of obstructing terrain on one client clearing a line of sight to a target while that terrain is still present on the target's client ... thus the target thinks they are hit from fire that has come through a solid piece of terrain .... any other terrain destruction that does not obstruct fire or block line of sight or movement is essentially just cosmetic. Similarly, imagine coordinating the destruction of a bridge currently supporting several mechs ... with lag the update time between all clients can be 500ms to 1s ... if the bridge is destroyed on one client ... when do all the mechs fall?)

#26 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostDirt Deviel, on 18 November 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

When are we going to get a plate bacon ?

Bacon on a string with grease dripping....

#27 iosuu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • Locationfsdtjs

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:22 PM

new map......ZERO.....how can you play this map when you cannot see anything or move anywhere......everywhere you get stuck on a rock or a tree or an invisible wall.

new most hated map...where is the veto ?

#28 jttm80

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

The Patch Notes are really badly written. Instead of providing facts, there is so much "filler" flavor text that make it so hard to understand what has changed.

I can't speak for everybody, but I would appreciate it if PGI kept the patch notes direct and to the point in future.

#29 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

View Postiosuu, on 18 November 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

new map......ZERO.....how can you play this map when you cannot see anything or move anywhere......everywhere you get stuck on a rock or a tree or an invisible wall.

So in wars battles are only ever fought in ideal conditions?

#30 iosuu

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • Locationfsdtjs

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

So in wars battles are only ever fought in ideal conditions?

id like to see you get ur atlas or dire and get left behind on this map then speak pls

#31 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

View Postiosuu, on 18 November 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

id like to see you get ur atlas or dire and get left behind on this map then speak pls

I would wager that I have done far more drops in Atlases than you, but I will take you up on your challenge as soon as I put my Atlas back together. In the meantime, I will be piloting my Wolverine.

#32 HumanDuracell

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOn that hill over there, reporting your position to my teammates. They would SO love to meet you...

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 November 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

For those who seek a 'Mech with a legacy, the Gray Death has also crept onto our battlefield. This multi-role Shadow Hawk was once piloted by the renowned Grayson Carlyle of the Gray Death Legion, as well as his father, Durant Carlyle of Carlyle's Commandos.

Just a slight quibble on the canon here:
Grayson's Shadow Hawk was never owned by Durant Carlyle. It belonged to another pilot of Carlyle's Commandos before it was sabotaged and subsequently captured by units loyal to Kurita during a covert Op on Twellwan. Durant Carlyle piloted a Phoenix Hawk, which is as we all know one of the 'unseen' 'mechs. The Phoenix Hawk was destroyed during the opening strike of the aforementioned covert op resulting in the death of Grayson's father. Grayson later recaptured the Shadowhawk while escaping from the Kuritan forces. Grayson later passed his Shadowhawk to Lori Kalmar, his XO (and much later, his wife) following the destruction of her locust while aiding the the rebelion on Verthandi. By that point Grayson had captured a MAD-3R Marauder (another unseen 'mech) which was to be his signature 'mech for much of his career.
Also, Grayson's Shadowhawk was a 2H model, and had none of the modifications listed for this Hero 'mech.

I realise I'm being picky but the least you could do is brush up on the canon before you release a Hero 'mech supposedly based on a particular character. Yes Grayson piloted a Shadowhawk. No, it never had the specs that you have attributed to it in your Hero 'mech.

That's it for me, rant over.

#33 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

View Postiosuu, on 18 November 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

OR... they could just fix the bugs and then it will be a great map. Not being able to see that far adds a nice challenge to the map and gives you the sense that you're really fighting in a tropical jungle. Honestly, it's an amazing looking map. Can't wait to stomp around in it.

#34 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Looks great.

Good to see an ECM-capable hero mech. It will make piloting a Locust somewhat more appealing to those who favor mediums and heavies.

I'm sure maps are time-intensive to create and release, but I echo the others calling for more variety. Variations of the same map (like River City Night or Forrest Colony Snow) are nice. A random gravity variable would add a fun twist. Nobody expects a Jenner to be restricted by 2 Gs or a Dire Wolf to be liberated by 0.5 G.

#35 Kyle Lewis

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

Well I didn't get all three lynx variants only one

#36 Shinzok

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRaamsdonksveer, The Netherlands.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

Wish they had proper patchnotes :(

Find it kinda weird how a MLX-C can have a ECM Suite while the patchnotes actually claim it isn't a ECM capable mech ????

#37 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

New map is good mechs are great but the lack of good C-bill rewards makes me log out in disappointment.When you up the C-bills per battle PGI to 150k+ win or lose it might be worth grinding for a bit until then its back to playing WarThunder.

#38 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 November 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

This multi-role Shadow Hawk was once piloted by the renowned Grayson Carlyle of the Gray Death Legion, as well as his father, Durant Carlyle of Carlyle's Commandos.

Thank you for the new Hero Shadow Hawk.

But please correct this error in your Announcement: The Shadow Hawk originally belonged to Lieutenant Ernest Hauptman, XO of Carlyle's Commandos.

Captain Durant Carlyle himself piloted PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk.

#39 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

On the 3rd day of patchmas pgi gave to me,
3 new mechs!

(with purchase required)

#40 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 November 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

So it has realistic hitboxes like the Jenner/Commando/Kit Fox/Adder/Locust?

its problem is its not that fast for a 25T mech and all its weapons are in its arms so its easy to disable also there starting armor is light in the arms and legs, i put them all up before I dropped for the first time, also ECM is a pain since you are forced to carry your entire payload in the other arm meaning one hit can leave you redundant with out firing a shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users