The Mist Lynx Is Terrible

Balance

186 replies to this topic

#41 PilgrimX

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Honestly the Linx had made my Locust runs a living hell... I used to get two to three OMG I died Awful games to every 5 or so good games... now that's flipped.

#42 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

It's so much worse than my Death's Knell that it isn't even funny.

#43 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

People who spent 50+ dollars on it.

If you spent 55 dollars on the mist lynx you are stupid, the package it came in was only 30 dollars!

#44 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

We could ditch all balancing and just fuse the Ferret and the Lynx to a 65 ton Icemist Lynxferret. 65tons, 142kph, ecm, jj's, a light's agility and enough podspace to be more than a nuisance.

#45 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,657 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 18 November 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

The Ice Ferret and Myst Lynx were pretty terrible TT mechs too.

Unless you spam the Ice Ferret D for cheesiness alongside Linebacker D for extra cheese if you are RPing a Wolf unit.

A lot of the original omnimechs have some pretty worthless variants though *glares at the Nova*.

#46 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

View Postmrpetzold, on 18 November 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like clan-pilots expect every clanmech to be totally inferior to the IS mechs? They will probably complaint forever if it isnt like this:
Best lights in the game: Mist Lynx, Adder and Kit-fox.
Best mediums in the game: Ice Ferret, Nova and Stormcrow
Best heavy in the game: MadDog, Summoner and Timberwolf
Best Assault in the game: Warhawk and Dire Wolf

You already have 3 of those spots. Dont expect a 25 tonner to be that good.

Can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?

3 of the clan mechs are top tier.dire wolf,twolf,and scrow.

The rest range from middle of the road decent,to garbage in comparison to other options in their brackets.

But,I'm guessing either you are just a butt hurt I.S. only player who has no idea what he's talking about,or you've never actually ran any of those bolded mechs.

Edited by Alexandrix, 18 November 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#47 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

The myst lynx suffers from what summoner, nova and kitfox suffer too: hardwire JJs.
I don't want to repeat myself, but that is a wrong decision in design.

If you, pgi, tested the lynx and certified it ready and worthy for being played, then pls post a functionally decent loadout. I'd like to see, with what you'd come up with.

But, again: hardwired JJs are ultracrap! Pls ... Finally ... Change ... That!

#48 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

i WOULD be okay with the Mist Lynx... if it weren´t for the HUGE arms it has... it´s the only place you can mount anything in, and they are nearly as big as the whole mech itself...

i don´t know why PGI decided to design them that huge, but i wish they would reconsider...

but as we all know, PGI isn´t much into remodelling misconcepted things, so i guess i have to live with 2 real money mechs that are underwhelming...

at this point i´m glad i only preordered the first 2 of this pack, because i doubt the other 2 will be much better... and that also made the decision easy to NOT buy the resistance pack... appearently PGI pushes mechs out so quickly lately, that they fail to design them properly and thoughtful...

Edited by Alex Warden Wolf, 18 November 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#49 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

I like the mech and the hard points are great.

Love how it flies!

HATE the arm hit boxes. They are monstrous lol. AND it's where all the weapons are at ...

EDIT: They feel large enough that I'm fairly certain these hitboxes are going to get another look.

Edited by cRaZy8or5e, 18 November 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#50 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

Everybody in my unit that has one is liking them quite a bit and doing plenty of damage.

#51 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostAlexandrix, on 18 November 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

The rest range from middle of the road decent,to garbage in comparison to other options in their brackets.

But,I'm guessing either you are just a butt hurt I.S. only player who has no idea what he's talking about,or you've never actually ran any of those bolded mechs.

Read the post again. He said pretty much exactly what you "corrected" him to: that of those 'Mechs, 3 are already ready at the top of their weight classes, with the others spaced throughout the bracket. What he was arguing, though, was that those who grumble about Clan 'Mechs not being good enough will probably keep grumbling until the list appears as he described it, with all the Clan 'Mechs outclassing everything Inner Sphere. As it is, a Clan 'Mech tops every weight class at the moment except lights. Yes, the Mist Lynx hasn't changed that... but that doesn't mean Clan 'Mechs need buffing until they tower over everything.

#52 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostAlexandrix, on 18 November 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Can I ask what you are smoking? Or is it just lack of readingglasses?
"You already have 3 of those spots". Spots -> topspots. Im sure you can figure it out.

#53 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

View Postmrpetzold, on 18 November 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Can I ask what you are smoking? Or is it just lack of readingglasses?
"You already have 3 of those spots". Spots -> topspots. Im sure you can figure it out.

And because of that they need to be in the absolute bottom?

There's got to be some middle ground.

#54 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

All this 'mech needs is more hardpoints. I doubt anyone would be complaining if LT/RT pods with energy hardpoints were available--you could mount 4-5 x C-ERML or C-SPL then on this 'mech and despite being "slow" actually be pretty good I'd think.

Edited by Kain Thul, 18 November 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#55 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

the arms and lack of tonnage (from hardwires) is a huge problem

i still love it because its cute and small but its no spider that for sure..

#56 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 18 November 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

And because of that they need to be in the absolute bottom?

There's got to be some middle ground.

Its a 25 tonner, what do you expect? Yeah, it probably should have had like jenner-arms (so the weapons/ecm stays on longer) and perhaps only fixed jumpjets on one of the side-torsos. It would still "suck", but atleast a little better. It is only a 25 tonner.

Edited by mrpetzold, 18 November 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#57 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

View Postmrpetzold, on 18 November 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Its a 25 tonner, what do you expect? Yeah, it probably should have had like jenner-arms (so the weapons/ecm stays on longer) and perhaps only fixed jumpjets on one of the side-torsos. It would still "suck", but atleast a little better. It is only a 25 tonner.

Exactly, compare it to a Commando, a Cute Fox to a Spider and a Badder to a Jenner/FireStarter.

There is no competition. It moves 50 KPh faster, with similar weapon loadouts, optional Jesus Box with weapons that do not get shot off as easily. Countered by the isXL, which is considerably more fragile.

Clam lights are bad.

#58 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostHoax415, on 18 November 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

God you clan mech pilots are ridiculous.

The Mist Lynx should be NO BETTER than the Commando. Do you clowns even know what a Commando is? Its a mech you see maybe once in 30 matches because without tonnage restrictions its 100% outclassed by heavier lights. It has some small niche and some small combat value as a SRM bomber but its no Firestarter or even Spider. The Mist Lynx shouldn't be superior or equal to those mechs either.

Its day one and you probably have it basic'd at best but you are declaring it DOA makes it obvious that your opinions are bad and you should feel bad for having such bad opinions.

If a week from now someone wants to compare the Mist Lynx chassis to the Commando chassis and present a factual intelligent argument for how the Mist Lynx fails to stack up I'll look forward to reading such a thread.

Threads like this are trash and only exist because PGI conditioned you people to expect pay2win mechs after Clan Pack 1 and now when you get anything less than the new SSS-TIER God-mech for your money you scream and cry like babies.

Commando, faster (can you say lag shield), no 3 tons of hardwired JJ's, no hardwired active probe, +6 structure health, 10% off beam duration, 10% less energy heat, 10% energy CD, torso mounted weapons etc. etc....

Lest you are forgetting that IS mechs got a pretty sizable buff. But you know ......for the sake of argument we'll just pretend that the IS quirk pass never happened, so you are totally right Mist Lynx is totally balanced!

#59 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostQuantumButler, on 18 November 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

In a game where PGI has made up a variant for the Vindicator? Yes. Yes it is.

They could have given it inflated # of hardpoints so it could small energy boat at least, or something, don't try to say PGI is blameless in this.

I do believe you meant Panther, not Vindicator. ;)

#60 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

I hate to say that it's arguably worse than the Spider (they have equivalent firepower, minus the 5V) and less survivable than the Commando (has more firepower, and speed to avoid damage).

I'm starting to rethink that it should be played more like a speedy medium (worse than a Cicada though), and far far less than an aggressive Light.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users