65 replies to this topic

#21 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostMott, on 19 November 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

Sometimes terrible players just break me. There is no reason my 45-55 ton mechs should be regularly out-killing and out-damaging the OP heavies and Assaults - but I do, and it gets to be very frustrating.

Only if your team loses. If you do that and your team wins you just feel like a badass :D

#22 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostGorantir, on 19 November 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

i type to them,
so youre the cry in cryengine?

This is brilliant! I'm using this :).

#23 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostErrinovar, on 19 November 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Seriously, at least make sure you performed well before you start ranting about your teammates in chat. If you only managed ~100 damage or less or were on the bottom of the team standings, you really have no business blaming your teammates for a loss. You are part of the problem at that point, lashing out at your team won't change that. And heaven forbid someone on your team is having a bad night or learning to pilot a new mech (or using a new loadout) etc.. because it happens to all of us. And you should avoid dropping your merc/clan name as some kind of credibility particularly if you performed poorly, because at that point not only do you look like a hypocrite, but it reflects very poorly on your merc/clan, too.

For those of you who rage, I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to take a step back and focus on your own performance. If you can honestly claim that you played flawlessly and made a big contribution to the team, then complain all you want. It won't help, but at least you won't look like a tool when you do it.

Because my score somehow makes my teammates be able to unzoom without looking at their hands before they move, know that LRMs can be fired without a lock and make them understand that BAP/CAP is far more important as a counter to ECM than it is for helping LRMs?

Dude.

We'll assume you're talking about pre-made groups in the Group Queue because, well, it sure doesn't apply to the Solo Queue.

I can CERTAINLY complain/deride/insult players that haven't even mastered the most basic skills required to simply play the game. Running around fully zoomed in, tripping and getting caught on everything DESERVES an insult. Making a 'mech with nothing but LRM launchers but failing to either load enough ammo or mitigate the heat DESERVES to be called out.

Why? Because those people have NO reason to be in the Elo that they're obviously in. No reason at all. I am so sick and tired of having to spend the last 7 minutes of a match spectating some drooling imbecile that can't even get out of spawn because they tripped on a shadow. I'm am nowhere near the best player out there, in fact, I'll go so far as to say I barely deserve to be in the "mid range." That being said, however, I can pilot a 'mech without walking into a wall and generally get the job done. The people I just mentioned? Not even close. If it weren't for the fact that I have been informed repeatedly that New Players in their first 25 matches aren't in general population, I'd really begin to wonder.

Either way, the Solo Queue is packed FULL of these people....and since they OBVIOUSLY didn't go through the well thought out, organized, comprehensive tutorials that PGI put up for them, they deserve to be ridiculed until they do.

#24 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 19 November 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Because my score somehow makes my teammates be able to unzoom without looking at their hands before they move, know that LRMs can be fired without a lock and make them understand that BAP/CAP is far more important as a counter to ECM than it is for helping LRMs?

Dude.

We'll assume you're talking about pre-made groups in the Group Queue because, well, it sure doesn't apply to the Solo Queue.

I can CERTAINLY complain/deride/insult players that haven't even mastered the most basic skills required to simply play the game. Running around fully zoomed in, tripping and getting caught on everything DESERVES an insult. Making a 'mech with nothing but LRM launchers but failing to either load enough ammo or mitigate the heat DESERVES to be called out.

Why? Because those people have NO reason to be in the Elo that they're obviously in. No reason at all. I am so sick and tired of having to spend the last 7 minutes of a match spectating some drooling imbecile that can't even get out of spawn because they tripped on a shadow. I'm am nowhere near the best player out there, in fact, I'll go so far as to say I barely deserve to be in the "mid range." That being said, however, I can pilot a 'mech without walking into a wall and generally get the job done. The people I just mentioned? Not even close. If it weren't for the fact that I have been informed repeatedly that New Players in their first 25 matches aren't in general population, I'd really begin to wonder.

Either way, the Solo Queue is packed FULL of these people....and since they OBVIOUSLY didn't go through the well thought out, organized, comprehensive tutorials that PGI put up for them, they deserve to be ridiculed until they do.

And you where the perfect mechwarrior from birth on ?
I see.

#25 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:30 AM

My favs are always when someone makes the effort to call out a strategy right off the hop and 9 mws buy in and move to take up the appropriate positions or action... but 3 imbeciles either don't pay attention to the plan, choose to ignore it outright or simply can't read a minimap to determine what their team is up to and go off to die some pointless, no kill, low-damage death essentially guaranteeing our team a loss within the first few minutes of the match.

Yeah, you may not agree with the strategy proposed, but at the very least don't go looking to torpedo it immediately. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to die like a moron later in the match if it doesn't work out.

#26 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Get a job; pay your bills; spend time with your family; schedule 2 hours a week playing MWO. All of this is small stuff. Thank you.

#27 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 19 November 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I usually don't get upset if I'm out early, I have (finally) hit that level of situational awareness, that if I am off on my own without support it was intentional. I find it hard to spectate sometimes, but I but just remand myself just because we are all in the same Elo bracket, doesn't mean all mechs and pilots are equal, and some people drove down easy street to get here.

Matchmaker only cares about average "team" Elo now. They'll throw a couple high Elo players in to balance out a team of players with low Elo. You're being used to raise the Elo of a poor team. I see it all the time. I'll have 7-900 damage and maybe 1 or 2 more with high damage. The rest will have below 200.

#28 MalodorousMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 283 posts
  • Location, location, location

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:38 AM

It's not like I'm innocent of ever saying something to the team if they're bad, but I try not to be a jerk about it. It's really amazing how quick people are to blame the team when they did so bad, or the team is actually doing okay, etc.

#29 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

Getting stuck with a crappy team sucks for sure, but crying about it or insulting others is pretty lame. Just rage quit quietly and go eat a f*cking sandwich or something.

#30 InKerenskyWeTrust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:40 AM

And that is why I almost never solo drop, Ive heard people complain about abusive behavior in the group que, but Ive never really seen it.

For some reason the solo que is the place to save money on anger managment and to just spend the match yelling at team mates.

#31 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 19 November 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Getting stuck with a crappy team sucks for sure, but crying about it or insulting others is pretty lame. Just rage quit quietly and go eat a f*cking sandwich or something.

I'll get so damn fat!

But seriously, yeah... when the frustration levels rise it's time to go find some zen.

#32 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 19 November 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

<snip> I am so sick and tired of having to spend the last 7 minutes of a match spectating some drooling imbecile that can't even get out of spawn because they tripped on a shadow. I'm am nowhere near the best player out there, in fact, I'll go so far as to say I barely deserve to be in the "mid range." That being said, however, I can pilot a 'mech without walking into a wall and generally get the job done. The people I just mentioned? Not even close. <snip>

So just how common is it to die before the drooling imbecile does and spectate for seven minutes? Crikey! :huh: Maybe in those free seven minutes you could offer some tips and teach the player who doesn't know how to play.....or maybe, you know, just click to leave the match.

#33 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

I love the elitism in this thread... love it.

Most of it comes from folks (some of you whom I've personally seen in-game) who remain completely silent when someone asks what to do, what strategy to use etc etc.

Then when the player either dies early (Let's remember folks - NEW players start IN THE MIDDLE of the scale NOT at the very bottom where they should be) folks want to call said person an imbecile, moron, n00b - whatever.

Yea... because that is just so welcoming to new players or to players who are struggling.

*Golf Clap*

Way to go MWO Community... way to welcome those new players who, for no fault of their own, are literally stuck into matches with players who may have thousands of matches under their belt and left to fend for themselves.

I don't profess to be perfect; I have a few times lost my temper and said something that maybe I should not have. I am also not saying that some folks choose not to listen... of course they do - they are human and want to play the way they want to play (or maybe are younger children who simply won't listen to you because of spite) or any other myriad reasons.

None of that, in my view, gives anyone the right to call people out in-game or come to these forums and call these people names.

Sad, really. Just... sad.

#34 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:48 AM

Bah, you're all idiots ;)

Edited by Kensaisama, 19 November 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#35 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

These people used to bother me but then I realized that people can't know what they don't know, and they don't know they have no further to look than themselves. If the team doesn't play to your preferred strategy then it is on YOU to adjust your tactics to support the team. The best players know, understand, and execute adaptive play style depending on the situation and their awareness of it.

These days when I see people lose their **** in chat I just pity them.

#36 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

Depends, a lot of people deserve you pointing out their lack of skills....how else are they gonna learn. I only rage when I am soaking an enemy deathball expecting help from teammates where it only takes 2-3 people to stop a ball and I end up tanking 5+ for a while and then after I die I rotate through to see what the teammates were doing while I was under heavy fire and they were in the corner playing with their nuts.....that deserves a verbal joust. If the teammates were actually doing something anything...I ain't mad.

People who cower until the end will have an inflated damage score...but make no mistake they were the reason you lost....because they were nowhere to be found when you needed to hold the line...which is why damage done has nothing to do with 'hey you're a noob or hey you have leet skillz'. Lots of high damage people are still freakin noobs.

Also about elo....I played against Monkey Lover on this main account with thousands of matches yesterday..Made a new account and not even 5 games in...played against him again.....won both matches in stomps lol....but unless he was playing a weight class he never does......means the MM will grab just about anyone and will maybe average out the total....so if your 'high' elo players die first....for sure will end in a stomp.

Moral of that story is you gotta carry harder because yea you will have to carry at least a few subpar players....and I have no problem with that. Carry harder people.

Edited by Murzao, 19 November 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#37 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 19 November 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Matchmaker only cares about average "team" Elo now. They'll throw a couple high Elo players in to balance out a team of players with low Elo. You're being used to raise the Elo of a poor team. I see it all the time. I'll have 7-900 damage and maybe 1 or 2 more with high damage. The rest will have below 200.

I believe the fundamental misunderstanding with high damage scores is that they represent better play, which isn't absolutely true. High damage scores only indicate that you survived long enough to deliver multiple alphas to your target(s) and does not represent how much enemy attention and fire you took, which are equally as valuable as raw damage output. While you and 2 or 3 other people may survive longer and achieve 500+ damage games that does not mean you occupied the majority of your enemies attention. In fact, you probably benefited directly from your low damage teammates as they distracted the enemy which is WHY you survived so long and delivered so much damage.

The key here is that you knew how to take advantage of a distracted enemy to deliver that damage. That's the difference between everyone doing sub 200 damage games and losing and games where a few people do 700+ damage but the majority of the team is dead and barely did 200 damage if any at all.

Edited by Mitsuragi, 19 November 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#38 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 19 November 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

I love the elitism in this thread... love it.

Making fun of people who do poorly IS elitist.

Telling off people who did poorly who also have the temerity to ***** out their team is just desserts.

#39 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 19 November 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Making fun of people who do poorly IS elitist.

Telling off people who did poorly who also have the temerity to ***** out their team is just desserts.

And is sweet like
Boston Cream Pie!
Posted Image

#40 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 19 November 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Bah, your all idiots ;)

Ehem... "Bah, you're all idiots." When calling people idiots, it is best to not use the wrong word.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users