#61 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 20 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

People want to nerf a light mech that uses small pulse lasers.

Small

Pulse

Lasers

• All weapons in arms vs. split amongst arms and torsos (arms grants better convergence pretty much any time you are moving - which should be always)
  • 300xl vs. 295xl is more optimal (allows for an extra DHS in engine, both mechs need every slot they can get).
  • 24 degrees greater torso yaw for Jenner.
The Jenner-F was clearly more optimal, whether that warranted it being 2 full tiers above the FS9-H is a good question.

Oh i wasnt suggesting they were even, but yea 2 tiers? Seemed off.

#62 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

I wouldn't have an issue with the firestarter if they took damage properly. Worst hit reg for a light currently.

#63 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostBongo TauKat Talasko, on 21 November 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

My only question is why laser buffs and no flamer buffs?

Because right now a Flamer with twice the range and effect is still worse than an unbuffed SPL/ML/MGs. :)

Jayne: Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...

#64 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

Because Flamer buffs would be a mean spirited middle finger from PGI, since the weapon is literally worthless?

#65 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostMercules, on 21 November 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

Because right now a Flamer with twice the range and effect is still worse than an unbuffed SPL/ML/MGs. :)
That is a 30 year truth man! ^_^

#66 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostRetroActive, on 20 November 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

This thread has a bit of everything controversial! It's exciting!

- Nerf Firestarter
- Clans UNDER powered
- Mist Lynx DOA
- IS Mechs over-quirked
- ECM now useless

Posted Image

#67 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 November 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

That is a 30 year truth man! ^_^

Are you kidding? In the TT they are awesome because they actually light terrain on fire. I don't use them on mechs... ;)

#68 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostMercules, on 21 November 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Are you kidding? In the TT they are awesome because they actually light terrain on fire. I don't use them on mechs... ;)

We never used the Smoke rules... we were to lazy to remember to add smoke and track its drift. That is a dimension we missed. :unsure:

#69 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 November 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

We never used the Smoke rules... we were to lazy to remember to add smoke and track its drift. That is a dimension we missed. :unsure:

:o

I played double blind rules on two tables. Smoke was SOOOO useful for blocking LoS. I was eventually forbidden from bringing any mech with a flamer to reduce my chances of starting fires. Why? because I would turn a 2 hour session into 4 tracking all the smoke and fires. It would let me cover my advances so that some of my shorter ranged mechs/tanks could get into range without eating PPCs/LRMS/Gauss. :)

Imagine if we could burn parts of the map and create smoke as cover and diversion.

#70 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

I'm pretty sure they were trying to make them BETTER, not worse....lol :P

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 November 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#71 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostMercules, on 21 November 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Everything lights terrain on fire? Flamers are worthless dawg. 30 year truth. If you want to light woods on fire, thats why god invented lasers.

Not that lighting terrain fire is something you generally do. In the TT its basically a reason for your opponent to roll his eyes because you just increased the dice roll load by ALOT every damned turn...and have to figure out wtf youre going to use for a fire and smoke counter.

In megamek with the options going, smoke is too unpredictable to be of much use.

But thats just me.

Unless its an immobilized vehicle, im generally not lighting a hex on fire intentionally.

#72 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Quirks will only get you so far. Especially on Clan Lights. The IS whiners did not have to "deal with" any clan superiority. They just whined until everything got nerfed to all hell.

wait, what? I'm trying to follow...

quirks only go so far...unless you are talking about IS quirks..and those went to far? Right
So, clan quirks wont account for your butt hurt.

and clan mechs, which were truly pay to win mechs when they came out, nothing could come close, and no amount of Cbills would level that field, it was pure green for win

so..you lost that edge and now, any 2nd rate pilot is all over you?

two words that will fix this

SKILL UP!

#73 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 21 November 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Everything lights terrain on fire? Flamers are worthless dawg. 30 year truth. If you want to light woods on fire, thats why god invented lasers.

Flamers do it instantly. The chance of Lasers igniting fires is lower.

#74 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 20 November 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Just gonna quote myself from another thread.

1 out of 4 top in class goes to IS. You'll be ok.

Actually...

That list looks like this after quirks:

Stalker
TBolt
Wolverine
Firestarter

4 out of 4 for IS are not bad, huh? You can deal with the buffs/nerfs coming...hope you had fun while it lasted.

#75 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Firestarters did not need nearly the buffs they got in the quirk pass. I am sick and tired of getting killed by second rate pilots simply because of an insta-win mech. The 8 Small Pulse variant its as bad as the pre-nerf boom jegar or splat cat.
I am not saying anyone piloting them is bad, I am saying that I have been killed time and time again by arm-locked noobs that happened to walk around the right corner.

And on that note, IS mechs now have a massive advantage over most clan mechs. Yes there are some top tier clan mechs, but there are entire chassis that are unusable in the current state of the game. I will admit I am biased because of being both a Clan pilot and a Light Mech pilot, so I really got the short end of the stick here. But I am upset that i paid $30 for a DOA mech. I LOVE the Mist Lynx and enjoy piloting it, but it is inferior in every way to IS lights and even other Clan lights.

Long story short, the quirks went way too far on most mechs, and Clans need either a quirk pass or more buffs to our weapons. It is quite obvious at this point that the knee jerk reactions by the masses were not as needed as they claimed.

Also most are available via c-bills now, so they can not cry about pay to win, not that it was ever an issue.

TL;DR: read title

Lol just hop in your Mad Dog and load up with 36 streaks and tell me how OP the FS9-A is.

#76 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostGyrok, on 21 November 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Actually...

Stalker
TBolt
Wolverine
Firestarter

4 out of 4 for IS are not bad, huh? You can deal with the buffs/nerfs coming...hope you had fun while it lasted.

Oh the list, sadly people will argue back and forth. Realistically speaking they are going to be looking at Server Statistics when they decide what they are nerfing/buffing not your list that you feel is accurate.
And like last time they will find the TWolf well ahead of the T-Bolt, the Warhawk and DW well ahead of the Stalker, the stormcrow hand and fist over the Wolverine.
The only one I can agree on is the FS (and sometimes Jenner) being the top Lights on the server.

-ST

#77 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostGyrok, on 21 November 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Actually...

Stalker
TBolt
Wolverine
Firestarter

That you think stalker is above banshee tells me all i need to know. I own every mech on your list. Do you?

Edited by MerryIguana, 21 November 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#78 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

Firestarters did not need nearly the buffs they got in the quirk pass. I am sick and tired of getting killed by second rate pilots simply because of an insta-win mech. The 8 Small Pulse variant its as bad as the pre-nerf boom jegar or splat cat.
I am not saying anyone piloting them is bad, I am saying that I have been killed time and time again by arm-locked noobs that happened to walk around the right corner.

And on that note, IS mechs now have a massive advantage over most clan mechs. Yes there are some top tier clan mechs, but there are entire chassis that are unusable in the current state of the game. I will admit I am biased because of being both a Clan pilot and a Light Mech pilot, so I really got the short end of the stick here. But I am upset that i paid $30 for a DOA mech. I LOVE the Mist Lynx and enjoy piloting it, but it is inferior in every way to IS lights and even other Clan lights.

Long story short, the quirks went way too far on most mechs, and Clans need either a quirk pass or more buffs to our weapons. It is quite obvious at this point that the knee jerk reactions by the masses were not as needed as they claimed.

Also most are available via c-bills now, so they can not cry about pay to win, not that it was ever an issue.

TL;DR: read title

try a 5 streak6 tag and bap stormcrow to deal with any light. then come back and tell us what is OP and what's not.

#79 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Cents fearless now, running into the middle of the enemy group because they know that AC20 will get at least one kill, and pay for the deathrun. It's absolute chaos when that happens.

#80 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

IS mechs now have a massive advantage over most clan mechs.

*Ahem* I actually do agree with you about the Clan Lights not being able to stand up to IS lights though...

IS mechs now have a massive advantage over most clan mechs.

*Ahem* I actually do agree with you about the Clan Lights not being able to stand up to IS lights though...

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users