- - - - -

Community Warfare Update - Nov 20 - Feedback

167 replies to this topic

#161 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

Question #1: Is permanent... really permanent? What if someone need to jump between factions for a valid reason, will their investment (mech packs, MCs, XP...) be totally lost in favor of the need of a new account? And this leads me to the next question.

Question #2: Instead of contracts, why don't we have a certain "membership" influence that gets higher the time we spend on that faction (getting it's top level at 6 months, for example) and if we switch faction that status starts to drop 2 or 3 times the speed it normally would raise?

Think about The Sims system: if you devote a long time to a friend, other acquaintances will have their relationship status lower with time, unless you get back to them - and then, the initial friend status start to drop because you can only spend much time.

#162 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

I hope who ever did the map colors reads this!!!!!!!!!!

House Davion colors should be a gold color! Please try and make the yellow a more golden color if possible. This is super important. :) Thank you.

Also that star map looks amazing.

#163 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

I hope that the Clan factions can get the Broadsword-Class Dropship soon since the Leopard is in.

#164 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 25 November 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Where's the link to Q&A? I can't find them.

it´s not there, paul is missing since he posted this thread... that´s as much as i know...

#165 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

View Postsabujo, on 25 November 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Question #2: Instead of contracts, why don't we have a certain "membership" influence that gets higher the time we spend on that faction (getting it's top level at 6 months, for example) and if we switch faction that status starts to drop 2 or 3 times the speed it normally would raise?

Indeed. Contracts should be a merc thing only.

#166 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostCalh Paw, on 22 November 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

There's one major concern I have that nobody else mentioned.

Since you respawn only after you have been killed, players can take advantage of this by leaving your mech crippled and NOT finishing you off. Imagine having all your weapons stripped or even being legged in a slow mech (on a large, open map no less) and not being able to contribute because you can't respawn until you are dead.

I really hope the devs know about this potential exploit.

The easiest way to avoid this would be to allow self-destruct.

This is the most relevant point I've read in this thread.

I can easily see units, or organized PUGs broadcast to NOT KILL the ATLAS and STALKER, that has been stripped, giving the side a tactical 10v12 advantage...

I guess this will been hashed out, if not then I foresee pilots ASKING their OWN TEAM MATES to kill them so they can respawn, and that is SOOO lame.

I'd love an answer to this issue...

Edited by Flak Kannon, 02 December 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#167 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 02 December 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

This is the most relevant point I've read in this thread.

I can easily see units, or organized PUGs broadcast to NOT KILL the ATLAS and STALKER, that has been stripped, giving the side a tactical 10v12 advantage...

I guess this will been hashed out, if not then I foresee pilots ASKING their OWN TEAM MATES to kill them so they can respawn, and that is SOOO lame.

I'd love an answer to this issue...

You can eject at any time to go to the next mech. Or at least that's what they've said before.

Edited by Heffay, 02 December 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#168 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Heffay, thank you for clearing that up... I was coming to do so, but you beat me to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users