This Tournament Is Terrible

371 replies to this topic

#41 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

I as well as numerous players of this game have no issue with Dying, but if you have contributed to the win and been cut down because you carried harder, why then should a player who survives reap your effort.

Effort should be rewarded, survive or not, contribution to a win should carry some point system, yes it will get you one point, and a survive, with a kill and an assist gets you 3 points, or any combination of the three, and a further hurdle of a 130 point scoring game.

total points needed over the weekend is 1 for the freebie PREMIUM time (you log in play and well get the point job done) but for the mech say 50 points, that's 20 winning games over 3 days, not easy but not as bloody hard as the way it is now.

Last match I had on a winning team, 3 kills 6 assists 800+ damage, died to an Arty strike on the 2nd last mech to die.

there you go, fair system, do you not think.

#42 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

I don't usually do this but.... yeah, this challenge is terrible.

Sick of trying to carry and just getting nowhere closer to the goal after multiple kills and 800+ dmg matches.

#43 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

View PostBulvar Jorgensson, on 21 November 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

I as well as numerous players of this game have no issue with Dying, but if you have contributed to the win and been cut down because you carried harder, why then should a player who survives reap your effort.

Because you died? Just like in real life, you don't get to enjoy the rewards you received posthumously.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Mystere, 21 November 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#44 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

View PostMystere, on 21 November 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

PGI creates a challenge that is turning out to be a real challenge, and people are complaining as a result. :rolleyes:

This weekend -- and the forums -- will be hilarious.

I for one welcome the challenge... It's not that hard for me to get the requirements under normal circumstances... But under a set of rules people have changed the way they play dramatically...

Now I'm not blaming PGI or the tourney rules... It's how people are reacting to it...

Just play the game people... Is it really that difficult for you to get those stats in a match..? It's the weekend, shouldn't there be a little more time for you to get in some matches..? Yeah, they ramped up the amount on us and I know that some peoples weekends may be off work at thier job, but there is work to do around the house, kids to try and keep under control, etc... But that's life...

Just make a thread, if possible one thread, asking them to tone down the total amounts needed a bit, maybe they will pay attention...

But for the love of whatever you do or don't believe in...

Just play the game normally...

#45 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

While I agree that having to survive the match isn't a good requirement, I find it hard to believe people are actually complaining so much about this challenge. Is it hard for people to understand that winning is the best way to survive? Are there actually people trying to steal a kill and then hide?

Edited by pwnface, 21 November 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#46 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Just to much. I am on a losing streak 10 rounds already. And I have a life to. So, I have to let this one go. Not going to sit for hours, days trying, then get frustrated.

#47 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

Effort should be rewarded, survive or not, contribution to a win should carry some point system, yes it will get you one point, and a survive, with a kill and an assist gets you 3 points, or any combination of the three, and a further hurdle of a 130 point scoring game.

Although I disagree that dying should be rewarded, I think your suggestion is a good compromise.
PGI should consider this for future challenges.

#48 jaytar

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 51 posts
  • Locationarkansas

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

I agree, this one sucks. i'll be back in 2 weeks and see if the devs can get their act together

#49 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

Effort should be rewarded, survive or not, contribution to a win should carry some point system

Really great point. Right now the system is broken so I'm milking it for all it is worth. I don't like it but I'll abuse it because it is a poor design. There have been several games where I got the first kill so I just followed the herd and never risked myself.

I suggest you strap on 40 or so LRMs, some AMS and try to win on the LRM friendly maps if you have trouble surviving. Keep trying and you'll eventually get it. Probably not what they had in mind and I don't care.

#50 Be Rough With Me Plz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

Effort should be rewarded

I'm with the others than death shouldn't be rewarded, but a fair compromise would have been 0.25/0.5 for a +1/1/+1 kda.

Edit: Contrary to what people may think, playing a Light will probably net you points faster. If you're not an idiot you'll have an easy time running around killing people while they're focusing on the heavies and assaults which, in turn, will increase your odds of a winning match drastically. Throw in the UAV assist and rack up them c-bills. 180-220k per winning match isn't anything to sneeze at.

Edited by Be Rough With Me Plz, 21 November 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#51 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostTyros the Pyromancer, on 21 November 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Just play the game normally...

And that is a very good advice.

#52 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Sometimes to win, sacrifices must be made.

Except today.

#53 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

I already have the 9S(C) nearly mastered; so I'm gonna play that chassis hard all weekend, leading pushes, 4k AMS ammo stocked, and taking it on the chin for all you dudes (and probably taking it in the back from you too). Don't give up!

#54 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

I played 16 games in my new Mist Lynx, could only get 4 qualifying matches. Switched to crappy FS9-K, already have 3/4 qualifying. I guess the Mist Lynx is doomed to be a mech you master and put in the dust bin.

#55 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

5 games so far...
First game we lost, then we had a teamkiller kill me (after I already had 1 kill and 1 assist, and we won that one; he was intentionally hunting for teammates that he had seen make a kill), then we won 12:11, but I died shooting the side torso off the last enemy mech (had 3 kills in that one), then we lost, then we won, but I got two of my legitimate Most Damage kills stolen.
0 points so far.
**** this ****.

#56 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,704 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

This is FREETA!

#57 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

PGI jumped the shark with the survival demand. It's turned most matches even more passive, since even if you're having a great match and wreak havoc with 5-6 kills and plenty of damage but happen to die close to the end, your match does not qualify. As usual they really need to consider what their rules for tournaments/challenges will do to change the player behaviors that actually want to do great at them.

#58 SunshineActual

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

The Kurita/Steiner/Davion/Liao/Marik/FRR/Pugs/Clan Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons/daughters are dead because they were stupid.

#59 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'd be okay if they required 30 matches without the survival requirement. Or even 40. The requirement slows matches down to snipe fest.

That's not Mechwarrior.

#60 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostSunshineActual, on 21 November 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

The Kurita/Steiner/Davion/Liao/Marik/FRR/Pugs/Clan Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons/daughters are dead because they were stupid.

Pretty much, that..^

Edited by Tyros the Pyromancer, 21 November 2014 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users