107 replies to this topic

#81 Kaiyne DeWolvinsbaine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostHayden, on 25 June 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Although an IS type, I'd have to say Warden as my two favorite clans (Wolves and Bears) are both wardens.

Actually Wolf is split at this time (in the lore at least) between the Crusader philosophy and the Warden philosophy.

#82 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostKaiyne, on 25 June 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Actually Wolf is split at this time (in the lore at least) between the Crusader philosophy and the Warden philosophy.

Did you, umm... by chance actually look at that quote's post date? No? Well maybe you should..

Not trying to be rude or nothing. Honest. Just look at that post. o.O

#83 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

How did Kaiyne find this thread? Lol.

#84 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 June 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

How did Kaiyne find this thread? Lol.

Looks like he was reading page 32 of the forums section. Dedicated catching up and must have just had the urge to post something.

#85 Shadow 6590

Rookie

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOn Board our Dropship Midnight Hunt heading in to battle against our enemies.

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

I am a warden fighting for clan wolf.

#86 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

Lol yay, I've missed this post :) Crusaders FTW

#87 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

+1 warden

#88 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Neither Warden nor Crusader - We are Clan

PGI doesn't allow us any options to roleplay this sad game.

#89 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

Crusader, my sons.

Posted Image

Hard-hitting and totally unforgiving of the weakness of others, the Smoke Jaguars quickly established themselves as the most brutal and aggressive of the Clans. Originally led by their founder, Khan Franklin Osis, the Smoke Jaguars' leadership would continue to set extreme standards for members of their warrior caste throughout their history. Khan Osis' lust for battle led the Jaguars to many victories in the Clan's early days; his vision of the Jaguars being the ultimate warrior Clan inspired his troops to greater feats of prowess on the battlefield, assuring their prominence amongst the Clans.

Disclaimer:

That whole Turtle Bay thing...total misunderstanding.

;)

Regards,
Rev

Edited by Reverend Poison, 25 June 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#90 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostBlazeKaiser, on 26 June 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

I tried to use general words. The Crusaders are quite varied. The Smoke Jaguars are the most extreme crusaders, know for their hatred of IS culture and having slaughtered IS civilians because of rebels.

The Nova Cats are a good example of Warden. They turned their backs on the rest of the Clans to be part of the Second Star League.
Clan Wolf had the greatest success during the Invasion, despite doing numerous things to stall, such as creating the Wolf's Dragoon's, giving the location of certain clan worlds to the Second Star league and so on.
Ghost Bear actually moved most of their people to the IS and created a joint Clan-IS nation.

Clan Wolf-in-Exile did not give away any locations of the Clan Homeworlds to the Second Star League. In fact, Khan Kell refused to do so even if he had the complete Exodus Road. It was Trent of House Howell from the Smoke Jaguars that betrayed the Clans to Comstar and mapped out the entire Exodus Road for the IS to use by Task Force Serpent.

#91 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostJackCrow, on 26 June 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

What's funny is that unlike the IS, the Clans actually elect their leaders. Albeit, you have to be in the Grand Council to vote, but it is closer to democracy than some self appointed royalty.

The Clans function as a Meritocracy in a Caste system. Only the Warrior Caste holds power, and only those with proven merit (obtaining a bloodname) can vote and also be voted into higher office (Khan, Sakhan, Loremaster)

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 26 June 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#92 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

Can we just skip to the Mongol Doctrine? :D

#93 VATER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEYE OF TERROR

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:23 AM

There will be a time when our descendants
Return to reclaim what is our right.
With honor swelling their hearts, they will crusade
Against the dark emotions that have dimmed
The Inner Sphere for so long.

-- The Remembrance, Passage 3, Verse 41, Lines 1-5

CRUSADER.

Edited by VATER, 26 June 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#94 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:25 AM

Kaiyne,

You resurrected a 3 year old thread, GGClothes. ;)

#95 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 26 June 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Kaiyne,

You resurrected a 3 year old thread, GGClothes. ;)

I'm glad he did. We need to bring the lore back into the game and the forums. If not it's just us shooting at each other in giant robots and people complaining about it in the forums.

Oh and as a Mandrill I have to say Crusader.

#96 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostDevlin Davion, on 26 June 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

Clanners are all freebirth STRAVAG! :ph34r:

Incosigle (don't get it watch Benny Hill's Sgt Scuttle) Clanners are all Vatborn HomoSuperiors.

Edited by Lugh, 26 June 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#97 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Can we please stop quoting people from 2012?

#98 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

Crusader through and through, maybe there should be a Clan Crusader/ Warden event, c'mon PGI we need to sort the wheat from the chaff, CRUSADER/ WARDEN EVENT, under MechWarrior rules I have the right to ask, no demand a trial to determine who are loyal to the clans and who are turncoat scum, to me wardens are turncoats.

Edited by ATTAKHAN666, 26 June 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#99 LomasAtorian

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostRed Legs Greaves, on 26 June 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

I'm glad he did. We need to bring the lore back into the game and the forums. If not it's just us shooting at each other in giant robots and people complaining about it in the forums.

Oh and as a Mandrill I have to say Crusader.

It's fine to bring back old threads, this question of Warden vs Crusader is a valid one...
...go Wardens! :lol:

#100 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 25 June 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Did you, umm... by chance actually look at that quote's post date? No? Well maybe you should..

Not trying to be rude or nothing. Honest. Just look at that post. o.O

It is always better to post in an old thread, than to make a new one.

I really wish people would learn forum etiquette instead of saying "Use search *******" and also "OMG necro!" at the same time.

As for the question at hand, I am a crusader warden. I believe Terra should be reclaimed, and anything in our path is worth that accomplishment, including conquering, occupation, and war. Once Terra is reclaimed, the Clans will become the new Star League and will not execute and kill the Great Houses, but to police it and protect small powers from the great houses, and great houses from each other like Liao from Davion, Davion from Kurita, and FRR from Kurita.

That is what the vision of Kerensky should be, the caste system, the eugenics, and brutal requirements to be a warrior should be in pursuit that normal people with jobs like running restaurants, stocking grocery stores, and making TV shows can live in peace, and not as a lifestyle that is applied to everyone.

A warrior submits himself to risk his life to become a warrior, and onwards onto the battlefield, not for glory or honor but to uphold a higher standard of living to all non-warriors.

P.S Ultra Crusaders like Smoke Jaguar are arrogant and short sighted to think that campaigns of ruthlessness can actually lead to fesible occupations to rule the ENTIRE Inner Sphere.

While at the same time Ultra Wardens like the Wolf's-in-Exile can not possibly hope to effect proper warden peace from their outpost in Arc-Royal with their small force and little clout in the Inner Sphere without willingness to forcefully move deeper into the Inner Sphere.

Edited by Bubblewhip, 27 June 2015 - 09:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users