I Have An Idea For Making The Game Harder

8 replies to this topic

#1 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

In light of the recent event, it seems clear that there is a group of the community that really wants the game to be more difficult. Then I remembered something from "Fable" before a mission, you could put limits on yourself kinda like "bragging" and would get rewarded more for abiding by those brags. So what if we had a similar system.

You could before dropping in a Pug or even CW sign a kind of limiter system. Such as: Not dying, kill *insert number of enemy mechs*, Deal most damage to *insert number of enemy mechs*, ect.

The reward for completing them could be higher, such as "not dying" could reward 50K if you do it, but you lose 100K If you fail. You could sign up for multiple as long as they don't conflict, and thus get much much higher rewards, at the risk of possibly losing lots of money. Since these limits are signed onto by the player for the next drop they do, it means they can get the challenge, without inhibiting the game.

Or instead of hard set numbers, we could allow the player to gamble. Such as the "Not Dying" challenge, It could have a 1/2 payout, so you put up 50K as a bet, if you win, you would get 25K and get to keep that 50K. This would allow the player to set the difficulty themselves. Such as high level players with money to burn might decide they want to do a high risk game.

Locust 1 Million C-bill bet on not dying, kill 5 people.

#2 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

Oh, I know! A game mode where if you die, you lose your mech and all its equipment! You'll have to buy it all over again!

#3 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 23 November 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

Oh, I know! A game mode where if you die, you lose your mech and all its equipment! You'll have to buy it all over again!

That has nothing to do with what I suggested. I assume you just didn't read anything but the title.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 23 November 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

Also, if you get headshotted, your account is permanently deleted and any account using your IP address is permabanned.

#5 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 November 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Also, if you get headshotted, your account is permanently deleted and any account using your IP address is permabanned.

Don't forget Slenderman coming to get you.

#6 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

The snarky replies aside, i rather like this idea.

#7 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

It would likely just encourage more of the same horrible teamplay we're seeing for this event, so I'm not wild about the idea.

#8 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostPjwned, on 23 November 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

It would likely just encourage more of the same horrible teamplay we're seeing for this event, so I'm not wild about the idea.

how so? Its not forced on the player, its an optional thing that people can decide to play. You can drop normally or you can accept a challenge then drop and increase your rewards at the risk of losing a lot.

#9 VaudeVillain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

I challenge myself by just running 3025 tech, including 'Mechs only available on or before 3025. Just regular AC, SRM, LRM, no ER Lasers, Single Heat Sinks, etc. It's better to me than trial 'Mechs because I have better firepower than trial 'Mechs but Iack the speed of 3050 'Mechs. It makes playing harder and gives a true experience of the Clan invasion in the Inner Sphere...MWO style.

Edited by GaiDaigoji, 23 November 2014 - 08:42 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users