[Bug]Mouse Unlocks From Window, Mech Will Not Stop Firing

6 replies to this topic

#1 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

I play windowed fullscreen so I can use my secondary monitor. However every couple matches I notice that my cursor unlocks from my game window, and when trying to torso twist my mouse will travel onto my second monitor. If I try to fire, it will tab out of the game, the only way to relock my cursor is to click on the window which fires my weapons.

On rare occasions when this bug happens my mech gets trapped into constantly firing my weapons, there's no way to stop firing them without dying or shutting down.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Try switching back to the MWO-window with alt+tab.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,676 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 23 November 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Try switching back to the MWO-window with alt+tab.

I have also run into this, but I look at it as MWO losing focus as I am not running multiple monitors. Happens only during combat while firing and I lose the ability to control my mech. I usually end up having a desktop icon or two launch their programs as if my mouse had clicked on the desktop.

Going through and checking mouse settings and other programs for key combination that would explain that behavior has gotten me nowhere. I have also disabled my window keys.

#4 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:39 AM

I always check this at the beginning of every drop, and if I find the mouse not locked in the game i alt-tab twice and all good. Happens on approx 1/3 of my drops.

#5 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

i had this also but the mouse cursor was just moving around the screen in game. alt+tab didn't fix it.

#6 Lane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Happens when I try to quit the game, can't click ok. I have to cntrl alt del and close program.

#7 pjfontillas

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Current only "fix" is to restart the MWO client, which sucks when in a match. If you have one monitor it shouldn't prevent you from playing (other than it being annoying).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users