Do We Really Need Viridian Bog Every Other Game?

Maps

44 replies to this topic

#41 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 November 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

yeah part of that is how probabilities work. 20% means it has a 20% chance each and every drop, not just going to really average 1 in 5, like some think. It still has about 2.5x higher probability that any other map in the queue, every time you hit drop. And tbh, I think the randomizer is poorly coded or gets in a rut, because you do get stretches of the same map, over and over again.

Their Randomizer is most predictable one i have ever dealt with....There is defintly something wrong with it. When you drop on Terrible Therma 12 times in a row (yes it happened, back when clans first dropped) either they have it out for you or their stuff just stinks.

#42 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

Russ tweeted:

A couple other bits: Dec 2nd patch swamp will drop in frequency to just a little more than the other maps.

So we should get a better rotation next week :)

He also tweeted:
Swamp fog will also get toned down a bit as well as the cockpit glass getting toned down some.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 November 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

technically.....it YOU don't see........ wouldn't that make you the one who is Blind? ;)

Anyhow.....I find Thermal ahs it's use, as it does make spotting "distant" enemies a lot easier.... but navigation a lot harder, so I use it more when scouting, or occasionally, when in heavy combat, as Lights have a way of hiding in the shrubs if they are more that a few hundred meters away.

Agreed, thermal cuts through the fog so spotting mechs can be easier... but ya get stuck a lot more. (and heat kills my fps due to my crappy PC)

Edited by Jeb, 26 November 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#43 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Out of 6 games tonight I had it 3 times.That's too much.I think it looks nice and stuff but I hate the stupid things you can get stuck on.Also it's seriously unbalanced too.
I'm still waiting for Arnie to come rushing towards us screaming "get to the choppa!!!!!!" .

Edited by Charronn, 27 November 2014 - 02:44 AM.

#44 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

Try 6 of 7 Mining Collective last night. Would have welcomed the bog.

#45 HekiDanjo

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostGolden Vulf, on 26 November 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

I still don't see how thermal vision helps on this map. Are you guys that blind?

Ummm, yea.
I have bad red/green color vision and it's really tough to notice stationary enemy mechs in the bog. I have a similar problem in forest colony but it's not quite as bad.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users