Do We Really Need Viridian Bog Every Other Game?

Maps

44 replies to this topic

#21 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:54 AM

I love this map and I personally think it's the best map that is created yet and the fact that the map designer wishes to revamp the older maps (ie forest colony, river city, terra therma) makes me all hyped... no more very small maps where direwolfs can kill you from there spawn to your spawn!

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostGolden Vulf, on 26 November 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

I still don't see how thermal vision helps on this map. Are you guys that blind?

technically.....it YOU don't see........ wouldn't that make you the one who is Blind? ;)

Anyhow.....I find Thermal ahs it's use, as it does make spotting "distant" enemies a lot easier.... but navigation a lot harder, so I use it more when scouting, or occasionally, when in heavy combat, as Lights have a way of hiding in the shrubs if they are more that a few hundred meters away.

#23 Panthros

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

Agreed. This is very frustrating for those of who play a lot. I am actually sick of it already and would appreciate it weighted down to normal.

#24 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

Yes please...Dial it a bit down. No problems if it is maybe often. But it feels like 90 %. Also if you play that map one after another five times,

#25 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

View PostGolden Vulf, on 26 November 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

I still don't see how thermal vision helps on this map. Are you guys that blind?

I'm in thermal 70-90% of the time these days once enemy contact happens. And not just on the new map, on all maps.

MWO has this nasty habit of blending in 'mech camo with the surroundings. Not just normally like you'd expect, it literally changes the coloration of a 'mech to the extreme based on the environment. There's something literally broken with the rendering engine and has been this way since sometime after the Founders portion of the closed beta.

#26 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostDuoAngel, on 26 November 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

Not that only this map is THE WORST map in MWO (while before the title of the worst was kept by Therma), but even chances to get this **** are too high. I just leave every match I get this **** :ph34r:

disagree, your opinion is just that, "YOUR opinion," mine is that River City Night is 10 times worse than the Bog and Mordor combined

Edited by Uminix, 26 November 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#27 Merc Montego

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

Getting this map way too often and definitely more than the 20% rotation increase. I might have liked it if I didn't have to play it over and over and over and over but I'm just sick of it now as a result.

#28 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 November 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

dude, it's set to 20% probability each match.

Chill. It's far less common than Mining Collective was.

I must just be unlucky then. I've had several runs of 5-6 in a row there now and can't even count how many times I've dropped there three straight.

You make an interesting point about Mining Collective. I didn't even notice it happening but it must have been a heavy favorite in the rotation for some time. I decided checked my map stats to see just how often I had been dropped in the Bog in a week and not only found it wasn't in there yet but noticed Mining Collective was up there with my other most-dropped-in maps! That means it made up a gap on several maps in the 150 range in a very short period of time.

#29 Lord Baldric

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSlightly to the left of sanity

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:07 AM

Russ tweeted that it will have its rotation lowered after the patch and tone down the fog a little as well.

https://twitter.com/...099878124359680

https://twitter.com/...099991227981824

#30 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

I pretty much like the map. In fact, it has been one of my most successful map.

#31 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

I would like to know why there should be a reason to fight in the swamps. I mean, there is obviously nothing to fight for.
the last 2 maps remind me more of Unreal Tournament than on MW.

#32 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

Veridian Bog aka D4...cool map but all the action takes place in the same spot

#33 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

https://twitter.com/...461132324110337

#34 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostMadMaxMKII, on 26 November 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

I would like to know why there should be a reason to fight in the swamps. I mean, there is obviously nothing to fight for.

Mining Collective makes sense as an objective to fight for. Cutting off someone's resources is always part of a successful campaign.

#35 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 26 November 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

So far my record is 8 in a row. Its about the only damn map I drop into now. My roomie plays on my system. She played right after I did my 8 in a row. She never saw it in twenty or so matches. I got back on and it was my first drop then several times after intermixed with alpine and caustic.

Go figure.....

Where would any true Mudhutwarrior feel more at home than "in the BOG" dawg, :) They got you figured Mud.

#36 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 November 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Mining Collective makes sense as an objective to fight for. Cutting off someone's resources is always part of a successful campaign.

yeah, but what about veridian bog?

#37 Dont Brawl With This Atlas

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

i had 2 or 3 matches where people just disconnect because they got stuck on the stupid terrain. I do not like this map especially the unnecessary fog

#38 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostMadMaxMKII, on 26 November 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

If you had taken a moment to read the f'ing story line of the Map you would know. They are mining a very profitable BUG based Drug.

Edited by Almond Brown, 26 November 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#39 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 26 November 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

If you had taken a moment to read the f'ing story line of the Map you would know. They are mining a very profitable BUG based Drug.

omg...that's so beautiful. mind blown. nobel prize for fictional literature goes to...

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 November 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

I must just be unlucky then. I've had several runs of 5-6 in a row there now and can't even count how many times I've dropped there three straight.

You make an interesting point about Mining Collective. I didn't even notice it happening but it must have been a heavy favorite in the rotation for some time. I decided checked my map stats to see just how often I had been dropped in the Bog in a week and not only found it wasn't in there yet but noticed Mining Collective was up there with my other most-dropped-in maps! That means it made up a gap on several maps in the 150 range in a very short period of time.

yeah part of that is how probabilities work. 20% means it has a 20% chance each and every drop, not just going to really average 1 in 5, like some think. It still has about 2.5x higher probability that any other map in the queue, every time you hit drop. And tbh, I think the randomizer is poorly coded or gets in a rut, because you do get stretches of the same map, over and over again.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users