Ok How About An Event?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

I see alot of stuff "On Sale" but what about a cool fun event starting Thanksgiving and going through the weeked?

Seriously I hope the double XP weekend isn't it because XP is virtually useless in this game and i am on vacation and looking forward to something cool like the Holloween event or something.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 26 November 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#2 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

I think the "event" this weekend is buy a hero or champ on sale and either level it, or convert a bunch of GXP over to master it.

We're looking forward to a quiet weekend actually, since the last few weekends have all been challenges. It's nice to be able to plan stuff without clashing with the current weekend challenge.

I think we'll have some dueling or something on Saturday night if you want to join us, you're welcome to. We don't have any restrictions at all. Everything goes (arty, ecm, lrms, bring it)

We will be using the Veridian Bog map though, because we have a tournament coming up, and we're all trying to memorize every inch of it.

#3 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm grateful there is no pressing event like in the past weeks. Events are nice and the free stuff is welcome, but sometimes I don't want my gameplay to be affected. Double XP is excellent if you have mechs to level up and earn GXP for weapon module unlocking.

If someone like me stills struggle for GXP after 2 years of gameplay, I wonder what is like to start the game now. So, these events are more than welcome for the sake of a growing player base.

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Well I appreciate that invite but right now I feel hugely let down. Like I said, work is actually closed for once and I have 5 relaxing days to enjoy playing and was looking forward to some big, 4 day, holiday event that really got me stoaked to play.

Seeing nothing ways to try to convince me to spend money, especially when I have already spent a ****-ton on the Clan Packs and such, is just depressing.

View Postsabujo, on 26 November 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm grateful there is no pressing event like in the past weeks. Events are nice and the free stuff is welcome, but sometimes I don't want my gameplay to be affected. Double XP is excellent if you have mechs to level up and earn GXP for weapon module unlocking.

If someone like me stills struggle for GXP after 2 years of gameplay, I wonder what is like to start the game now. So, these events are more than welcome for the sake of a growing player base.

Oh I agree. I didn't want to see a chore like this last weekends but since it is such a major holiday, an event the just rewarded participating, similar to what we had as the Halloween event would have been just what we needed.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

There will be an event.

It's only Wednesday, they tend to be announced Thursday or Friday, no?

At least, that's what this seems to indicate.
https://twitter.com/...017008903036928

#6 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, an event would be nice. I'll buy MC, but I'd love to have an easy to achieve event that is more fun than competitive.

#7 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Russ tweeted that there will be something exciting happening this weekend. What that is I don't know. But he sounded confident people will like it.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 November 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

There will be an event.

It's only Wednesday, they tend to be announced Thursday or Friday, no?

At least, that's what this seems to indicate.
https://twitter.com/...017008903036928

I still like my Paul eatin' Turducken idea. :D

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users