- - - - -

In-Client Store Mc Mech Bundle List, Pricing And Discussion -- Reviews Welcome

Guide

177 replies to this topic

#81 WildVector

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:21 AM

Since you already have bundles listed and announced, why not add a quick comparison to the resistance,invasion and etc packs?

You already have the raw comparisons made, might as well add the simply list/price so newcomers can easily see all their options. Thanks to this topic i ALMOST got the misery bundle but then got the invasion 2 instead.

Still a good source and TYVM for the time invested.

#82 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostWildVector, on 23 April 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

Since you already have bundles listed and announced, why not add a quick comparison to the resistance,invasion and etc packs?

You already have the raw comparisons made, might as well add the simply list/price so newcomers can easily see all their options. Thanks to this topic i ALMOST got the misery bundle but then got the invasion 2 instead.

Still a good source and TYVM for the time invested.

I've considered it. It makes a world of sense.

If I were more mathy, I'd probably be up for it. I've gotna buddy here on the forums who's all aboout numbers and comparing prices and relative value. I'm not going to out him though, because that's his call to make, if he wants to take that on.

What I've done so far isn't much more than making lists, and it's right at the limit of the time I'm willing to devote. I started this because I wanted to be able to check this stuff without havingto be at home and logged in.

I went ahead and did it, and it was about a year later that PGI got the bundle thumbnail entries up on the webstore. I like mine because I included the MC prices. The next layer really sould be a cash cost comparison, but it's more than I want to start on right now.

Thanks for the suggestion! It's not "no," so much as "not yes, yet."

#83 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

Update minor additions:

* Added Locust resource thread link under Locust Bundle spoiler
* Added Night Gyr to list ofbchassis that need a Champion (C) variant to be elegible for a Mastery Bundle.

#84 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

Maybe I'm missing it but I only see IS Mechs listed in these bundles. And I'm in a Clan so I can't play these Mechs so...Or is that right? I'm not 100% on the rules on that.

Are there any Clan bundles like this?

Or only the preorder Mechs?

I looked into a preorder and I would not get it for almost 3 months (at the time).

I'm thinking about buying the Kodiak but all the preorder plusses are gone. I just joined maybe 10 days ago. You should offer a deal with only 1/2 the PT or something

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 10 May 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#85 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:06 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 10 May 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

Maybe I'm missing it but I only see IS Mechs listed in these bundles. And I'm in a Clan so I can't play these Mechs so...Or is that right? I'm not 100% on the rules on that.

Are there any Clan bundles like this?

Or only the preorder Mechs?

I looked into a preorder and I would not get it for almost 3 months (at the time).

I'm thinking about buying the Kodiak but all the preorder plusses are gone. I just joined maybe 10 days ago. You should offer a deal with only 1/2 the PT or something

Part of the requirement for a Mastery Pack is the mech having a Hero and a Champion version. None of the Clan mechs that are out yet have Hero mechs. The Kodiak in a few days will be the first. It was only recently that most of the Clan mechs got Champion builds.

There are IS mechs still waiting on heroes as well.

#86 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

I wonder if this had anything to do with Clan switching over to IS. Or at least that is the story that is told in this clan.

I admit, I'm also confused on what Mechs i can use being in a Clan. I assumed that I had to use a Clan mech on a Clan mission but on a "quick play" I could use anything.

So my only real option to get PT is to buy the right credits with real money and then buy the PT with the credits. I have no idea why the two-step is needed.

Can't you make some sort of package for the Clans?

(are the Origins II clan or IS)

#87 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 11 May 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

I wonder if this had anything to do with Clan switching over to IS. Or at least that is the story that is told in this clan.

I admit, I'm also confused on what Mechs i can use being in a Clan. I assumed that I had to use a Clan mech on a Clan mission but on a "quick play" I could use anything.

Correct, anything in QP, Clan mechs only in FW.

So my only real option to get PT is to buy the right credits with real money and then buy the PT with the credits. I have no idea why the two-step is needed.

It makes it feel less like real money? <shrug> MC is used many ways in the game. I admit, I'm more likely to throw 125 MC at one-shot camo than 50 cents. Another way to get PT is to buy almost any package in the store.

There are numerous clan packages, both bundle and single mech. Many come with PT as well.

Clan. IIC is basically "2nd Version, Clan refit."

List of all clan mechs in game, (B) for Battlemechs, the rest are Omnimechs:

MLX
KFX
ACH
ADR
JR7-IIC (B)

VPR - July
IFR
SHC
HBK-IIC (B)
NVA
SCR

MDD
EBJ
HBR
SMN
TBR
ON1-IIC (B)

GAR
WHK
HGN-IIC (B)
EXE
DWF
KDK (B) - next week

Edited by TercieI, 11 May 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#88 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

I had a longer post that the forum ate. Thank PGI for sparing you that wall-'o text Posted Image

The pre-order packs include premium time regardless of when you buy it, be it before or after the mech is officially introduced to the game. It seems like you want a pack with premium time, and it seems like you were looking at the Kodiak.

The early adopter stuff is pretty much all baubles anyway (edit: and a c-bill bundle, which is nice, but not a deal-breaker, in my opinion), the premium time's not tied to that preorder for these newer single-mech standalone packs. It used to be on the old 4-mech and 8-mech packs, but not these days.

What's the connection I'm missing?

As to the Mastery Bundles for ClanTech, you're right. Mastery Bundles for ClanTech don't exist yet. Why can't they make one? Because all the Clan chassis are missing at least one of two ingredients, either a hero variant, a Trial-build Champion variant, or both.

Well, why can't they make that then? It's a process. We've only now caught up to Champions for all of the mechs that had been introduced before the Clan Invasion. We've got some from after of course, but certainly not all of the Clan or IS chassis have them. These are usually voted on in the forums, then introduced within a few months of the final voting.

The reason we don't have heroes for Clans until next week is because PGI was super cautious (to the point of foot-dragging, it could be argued) about introducing a hero Omni, because of concerns around purchasing and swapping pods. Viper will be the first Omni hero. Kodiak's easy because it's a battlemech (no pod-swapping to worry about).

As indicated by others, we don't have any ClanTech chassis with both a hero and a champion (under the OP, the button for "What the Remaining Chassis Need ..."). Because that's just intrinsic to what Mastery Bundles are, it's a no-go. Gotta have both.

I'm betting on the Timber being the first ClanTech Mastery Bundle. It's got a champ, and Russ has stated that the hero's basically ready to go once we get it's unique paint done. That paint job is in the work queue, but it's behind a backlog of paintwork on older chassis that they need to catch up to.

Clan Mastery Bundles will happen, but not nearly as soon as you could drop cash on a Kodiak for at least 300 tons of angry BattleBear, and get 30 days of premium along with mechbays and baubles thrown in. The Kodiak may be is the best deal of any standalone pack. You're getting a lot of mech, and a lot of stuff, for the cash you're putting down.

Edited by Virlutris, 12 May 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#89 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

I have the Big Bear coming. I own my other 3 and I will have a complete 250 ton drop. Posted Image

P.S. Also a Viper which is when i went...THREE MONTHS! lol

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 15 May 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#90 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 21 May 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

formatting madness

I'm having trouble reading this with the formatting wonkiness.

Halp?

#91 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Does a Clan Mastery Pack HAVE to have a Hero? And now I get it, the whole Omni mech problem. I'm sure you looked into a Clan Hero having some parts that cannot change. Like a torso or two etc. (please give my Stormcrow Prime (C) an ECM slot)

I bought the Stormcrow Prime(C) to finish out my skill tree a week ago. And now it is 50% off.....Well, I was told that they go on sale, lol. I could have had it, plus the Hero and Champion Locust! I know that they are IS but I've fought many times against the Pirate's Bane and it would be a fun way to make some money and for a change of pace.

OK, thanks for the info! Cough "Hellbringer Champion" cough....

#92 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 29 May 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Does a Clan Mastery Pack HAVE to have a Hero? And now I get it, the whole Omni mech problem. I'm sure you looked into a Clan Hero having some parts that cannot change. Like a torso or two etc. (please give my Stormcrow Prime (C) an ECM slot)

I bought the Stormcrow Prime(C) to finish out my skill tree a week ago. And now it is 50% off.....Well, I was told that they go on sale, lol. I could have had it, plus the Hero and Champion Locust! I know that they are IS but I've fought many times against the Pirate's Bane and it would be a fun way to make some money and for a change of pace.

OK, thanks for the info! Cough &quot;Hellbringer Champion&quot; cough....

Any Mastery Pack needs that Hero, it's just intrinsic to what they are. There's no getting around that, it's how they've set the things up.

PGI was slow to intorduce Omni heroes, because of concerns about the way the availability of pods would interact with the fact these are MC-only mechs.

Now that they've figured out how they want to play it (hero pods unavailable if you don't own it), the way is clear. There are several ClanTech mechs I'd love a hero for. The Hellbringer comes quickly to mind.

I wouldn't mind a fresh round of first-time Champion build design threads either. I'd be down for the Hellbringer there, too :)

The other thing that's been stalling them is the fact that there's a backlog of camos for older chassis. The Timber' heros already prepped, waiting only on the special camo. Because it's a new mech, it takes a number behind the older chassis.

We know they're working on it. I'm not sure how they're coming along though.

Maybe I'll post somewhere strategic to see if I can get an update. Hmmmmmmm.

Hang in there. They'll get around to it Soon™. ;)

#93 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

For reference, the current list of older chassis, available for c-bills, which don't have champoins yet.

Kit Fox (ClanTech Light Omni, 30 tons)
Urbanmech (IS Light, 30 tons)
Adder (ClanTech Light Omni, 35 tons)
Jenner IIC (ClanTech Light Battlemech, 35 tons)
Panther (IS Light, 35 tons)
Wolfhound (IS Light, 35 tons)
Ice Ferret (ClanTech Medium Omni, 45 tons)
Crab (IS Medium, 50 tons)
Hunchback IIC (ClanTech Medium Battlemech, 50 tons)
Nova (ClanTech Medium Omni, 50 tons)
Mad Dog (ClanTech Heavy Omni, 60 tons)
Hellbringer (ClanTech Heavy Omni, 65 tons)
Grasshopper (IS Heavy, 70 tons)
Summoner (ClanTech Heavy Omni, 70 tons)
Warhammer (IS Heavy, 70 tons)
Black Knight (IS Heavy, 75 tons)
Marauder (IS Heavy, 75 tons)
Orion IIC (ClanTech Heavy Battlemech, 75 tons)
Gargoyle (ClanTech Assault Omni, 80 tons)
Zeus (IS Assault, 80 tons)
Highlander IIC (ClanTech Assault Battlemech, 90 tons)
Mauler (IS Assault, 90 tons)
Executioner (ClanTech Assault Omni, 95 tons)

#94 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 29 May 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

Now that they've figured out how they want to play it (hero pods unavailable if you don't own it), the way is clear. There are several ClanTech mechs I'd love a hero for. The Hellbringer comes quickly to mind. I wouldn't mind a fresh round of first-time Champion build design threads either. I'd be down for the Hellbringer there, too :) Hang in there. They'll get around to it Soon™. ;)

SWEET. And btway, how often do these sales come along?

Another problem I have is that I can buy 3 Marauders for $20 and for $15 more I can get a Hero. But if I want to buy 3 Hellbringers, it is $55.00. For a Shadow Cat, is it $55 PER CHASSIS. Or let's say I want an Adder. They are $55 for 3 and another $50 for another chassis.

Compare those to Mastery Bundles. For $49.95 I can buy 12000 MC. With that, I can buy two Mastery packs, both which will come with not only a Hero but also with 30 days of PT.

So for $50.00, I can almost buy a Shadow Cat or...I can buy two Mastery Bundles with 6 Mechs including two Heros and 60 days of PT.

The math just does not work out.

View PostVirlutris, on 29 May 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

For reference, the current list of older chassis, available for c-bills, which don't have champoins yet. Kit Fox (ClanTech Light Omni, 30 tons) Urbanmech (IS Light, 30 tons) Adder (ClanTech Light Omni, 35 tons) Jenner IIC (ClanTech Light Battlemech, 35 tons) Panther (IS Light, 35 tons) Wolfhound (IS Light, 35 tons) Ice Ferret (ClanTech Medium Omni, 45 tons) Crab (IS Medium, 50 tons) Hunchback IIC (ClanTech Medium Battlemech, 50 tons) Nova (ClanTech Medium Omni, 50 tons) Mad Dog (ClanTech Heavy Omni, 60 tons) Hellbringer (ClanTech Heavy Omni, 65 tons) Grasshopper (IS Heavy, 70 tons) Summoner (ClanTech Heavy Omni, 70 tons) Warhammer (IS Heavy, 70 tons) Black Knight (IS Heavy, 75 tons) Marauder (IS Heavy, 75 tons) Orion IIC (ClanTech Heavy Battlemech, 75 tons) Gargoyle (ClanTech Assault Omni, 80 tons) Zeus (IS Assault, 80 tons) Highlander IIC (ClanTech Assault Battlemech, 90 tons) Mauler (IS Assault, 90 tons) Executioner (ClanTech Assault Omni, 95 tons)

And of course, I have the Jenner II, the Kit Fox, and the Hellbringer.

#95 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 May 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

SWEET. And btway, how often do these sales come along?

Another problem I have is that I can buy 3 Marauders for $20 and for $15 more I can get a Hero. But if I want to buy 3 Hellbringers, it is $55.00. For a Shadow Cat, is it $55 PER CHASSIS. Or let's say I want an Adder. They are $55 for 3 and another $50 for another chassis.

Compare those to Mastery Bundles. For $49.95 I can buy 12000 MC. With that, I can buy two Mastery packs, both which will come with not only a Hero but also with 30 days of PT.

So for $50.00, I can almost buy a Shadow Cat or...I can buy two Mastery Bundles with 6 Mechs including two Heros and 60 days of PT.

The math just does not work out.

Oops, edit to add: These hero sales happen usually about twice a year. Once around summer, and once around early holiday season (about around American Thanksgiving holiday). Dunno if they'll do another hero sale before the fall/winter holiday one, but it'd be nice.

Right. That's because of the a la carte pricing for getting a single chassis out of a 4-chassis mega-pack.

The math isn't very good, especially compared to a Mastery Bundle, but there was a time when people were adamant about getting ONLY the one chassis from a certain pack, and none of the others.

I was never one of them, but I was also an Invasion Whale.

Lots of those chassis from the mega-packs will benefit from having a mastery bundle. Of course, they'll need Champs and Heroes to have one done.

Speaking of New champion builds, I made a Poll over in the New Feature Suggestion section. Go make your voice heard for the next Champions, and we'll be a step closer for a couple more chassis while the heroes are being designed Posted Image

Edited by Virlutris, 30 May 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#96 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

I went and tried to vote but there was an error.

OK, a "Mastery Bundle" has to have a "Hero" in it. And you will not make a "Mastery Bundle" without a Hero in it. And the two seemed magically linked together. Somewhere, this is a law that cannot be broken because it will bring MWO tumbling down in ruins.

So why not simply make another kind of bundle? Call it whatever you want to. Like a "Clan Mastery Bundle". I do not care what it is called. I'd simply like to be able to pay the same low price for 3 Clan mechs plus 30 days of PT that an IS pilot can. I do not even care if it has a Hero mech in it.

Things like this make me wonder about things I've read on these forums. Clan Wolf has the largest amount of "members" but few of them play Clan missions anymore. So we Wolves have to join the Jade Falcons etc just to get a drop. I read where old members of the Clan Wolf say they are now IS pilots instead and one day they "might come back".

It is hard not to believe that the fact that mastery bundles for IS Mechs being sold at a fraction of the cost of Clan ones did not have something to do with this.

How about the whole "thinking out of the box" thing?

#97 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 May 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

I went and tried to vote but there was an error.

OK, a "Mastery Bundle" has to have a "Hero" in it. And you will not make a "Mastery Bundle" without a Hero in it. And the two seemed magically linked together. Somewhere, this is a law that cannot be broken because it will bring MWO tumbling down in ruins.

So why not simply make another kind of bundle? Call it whatever you want to. Like a "Clan Mastery Bundle". I do not care what it is called. I'd simply like to be able to pay the same low price for 3 Clan mechs plus 30 days of PT that an IS pilot can. I do not even care if it has a Hero mech in it.

Things like this make me wonder about things I've read on these forums. Clan Wolf has the largest amount of "members" but few of them play Clan missions anymore. So we Wolves have to join the Jade Falcons etc just to get a drop. I read where old members of the Clan Wolf say they are now IS pilots instead and one day they "might come back".

It is hard not to believe that the fact that mastery bundles for IS Mechs being sold at a fraction of the cost of Clan ones did not have something to do with this.

How about the whole "thinking out of the box" thing?

Error? Try re-running it, or check to make sure you've answered all the questions. If you miss one, it won't take it.

I want to check something, just in case it's a point of misunderstanding. You understand that I'm not on the dev team, right?

I don't have any more say on this stuff than you do. I've just been around long enough that I found something I thought was worth documenting on the forums. I don't have any say in the design of these packs. I just try to help everybody keep track of what's going on.

Want them to think outside the box? Tell 'em. Go to the "Feature Suggestions" subforum, start a thread, and pitch your idea, same as the rest of us do. Posted Image

Good Luck!

(Edit: clarity)

Edited by Virlutris, 30 May 2016 - 08:35 PM.

#98 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:38 AM

I still think you are special!

And I will put my suggestions in the right area.

I did do this one. http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

P.S and you were right, I did not answer one question :)

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 31 May 2016 - 05:39 AM.

#99 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Update: http://mwomercs.com/...bills-archer-mc

When I've got time and I'm not typing from my phone, I'll probably break out a few mechs in the last spoiler of the OP (What the Remaining Chassis Need ...), so the ones that aren't c-bill available are clearly separated out.

I don't think we'renever likely to see a Champion for a chassis before it's been released for c-bills, so I think it makes sense to put these chassis in a "holding pattern" until they're c-bill purchaseable.

Edited by Virlutris, 06 June 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#100 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

My friend, it looks like I'm moving to Merc Unit where I will need a drop of IS Mechs also.

Sooooooooooo

I LOVE these Mastery Bundles! The question is which ones? I just recently found out that IS Mechs have something called "Quirks" Posted Image
And they are something else. So which ones...lol (I have a idea)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users