#61 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

View Postsneeking, on 02 December 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

Lol before you critique mine I will say I let some kills go in that match, yes it was an exception not a rule for my cent A but it could of been more if I was greedy.

It would of easily stolen 3 more kills if I had not suppressed fire and walked away several times.

It is a very good kill mech with the ac2 rate the chained wub and the srm4 quirk rate especially with cooldown mods added in.

Posted Image

Ok, I know iv spammed this build in a few threads now but its just brutal !

If you're holding a red dorrito you don't want this thing anywhere near you :P

I've ran that build before. It's pretty descent.

#62 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

Wh.. why put ammo in the ST on an XL mech?

#63 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

I feel like they just need a heat reduction to be useful. They are a good suppression weapon but they don't let your 'mech cool. I've been messing around with them (partly due to this thread actually) and really like how they let me keep the pressure on while my bigger guns cycle, but 15 double heat sinks (engine's 10 plus 5 more) mean that I don't dissipate heat while moving and firing while on Forest Colony. If the map is any hotter then if I want to move and fire, 2 of them will gradually overheat me with 15 double heat sinks. Something doesn't feel right about ANY ballistic doing that much heat...that's kinda the whole point of ballistics over energy weapons.

#64 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:05 AM

View Postsneeking, on 02 December 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

Same reason I put it in the cockpit and sit on it...

Do you think it needs case ?

Lol

No, the bulk of it needs to be placed in the legs, head, shield arm, weapon arm. Anywhere but the CT.

#65 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:18 AM

i miss the quad ac2 jager/phract with 'creative' weapon binding for an ac2 minigun. it was hot, slow but hilarious fun. it was actually more effective to volley fire btw, but people seem to forget that

#66 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:05 AM

As the OP alluded to the AC2 is a questionable weapon, until you dig a little deeper
When I first started I would never consider a 2 damage or a .08 damage weapon on my Mech but what happens in this game no good build goes unnoticed

If you come up with something that's good you first get crying on the forum then your setup/weapon gets nerfed into the ground
So you go searching for a new load out/weapon

That’s when I went to AC2s' in my Jager, the in game test of a weapons system for me is how does the bad guys respond to your weapon
If I fire my weapon and they rush over pound me into the ground then I know "well that didn't work" but if they pull back then I figure I am on to something

the only reason I bought my other two Jagers' was so I could get the speed tweak, that allowed me to run a smaller XL engine so I can carry more ammo for my five AC2 Jager

The five AC2 was a great suppression weapon and I really felt I was helping the team but it got nerfed after a while so I took it out of commission

The quirked AC2 is a little better but it’s still a shadow of its former self (in other words pretty lame)
I just mounted an AC2 on my raven and it was a joke but you have to try stuff in game (even the training ground won’t cut it)

#67 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostShaio, on 30 November 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

The AC 2 suffers from two major flaws that limit its potential as a weapon system, Heat and ammo/ton. The AC 2 takes up way to much weight to make it a viable secondary weapon given its low damage output and when fired rapidly in groups of 2 or more the weapon system will rapidly overheat the Mech preventing the use of other weapon systems and that just dose not feel right.

After some review on the forms and some extended testing in the Dragon-5N I have found that 2 AC2's are viable when pared with the ER Large lasers. I imagine this may apply the AC2/AC5 combo as well. Running any more then two AC2 produces little return for the weight invested.

This said I still believe that a "small" reduction in the staggered fire heat generation and slight increase in ammo/ton would bring this weapon system inline with the other weapon systems in the game.

AC2s have not even been remotely relevant since RoF dropped from 0.52 sec to ~0.8. HPS was always absurd, but at least back then, with 3 of them you could DPS enough to be worth the stupid heat and massive amounts of ammo you had to carry...

There was a time when a 3xAC2 Shawk with XL255/265 and 10-11 tons of ammo was a formidable and nasty opponent...

People cried too much and then came the orbital strike nerf nuke...

They have been completely worthless ever since.

The only mechs that can carry enough to matter, can carry the same number of something better, like AC5s, or UAC5s...and thus will the AC2 remain irrelevant. It allowed some medium mechs to punch above their weight class just a bit, and no longer...

#68 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

When I first started playing MWO, I became a Dakka Jaeger. I didn't get many kills... But I really helped the team out by suppressing those annoying pop-tart snipers. (Remember those?)

Now? The AC2 has been nerfed to the point that you might as well being AC5's. (Heat, cooldown... you name it!)

Before the nerf being an AC2-Boater was tough. You couldn't take on brawlers and were really only good for suppression and focus fire... But MAN it was a fun mech. Now, the only Dakka allowed is Clan Dakka...

PGI... Please let the IS have our Dakka again.. Please?

Posted Image

#69 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostDasSibby, on 02 December 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

When I first started playing MWO, I became a Dakka Jaeger. I didn't get many kills... But I really helped the team out by suppressing those annoying pop-tart snipers. (Remember those?)

Now? The AC2 has been nerfed to the point that you might as well being AC5's. (Heat, cooldown... you name it!)

Before the nerf being an AC2-Boater was tough. You couldn't take on brawlers and were really only good for suppression and focus fire... But MAN it was a fun mech. Now, the only Dakka allowed is Clan Dakka...

PGI... Please let the IS have our Dakka again.. Please?

Posted Image

That's horribly cute.....

#70 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

AC2s to me are good for reaching out and tickling someone.
Letting them know that "Hey, we can see you peeking out at us!"
Causing the opponent/spotter to go into "Oh shi.." panic mode and scatter.
Harassing the opponent at the chance they lose their focus and their cool in the heat of battle.
Like machineguns and small lasers but with a little more reach to unlock the chance for an assist.
Not really good as a main weapon unless you're decent at poking someone with a stick and staying alive.
Or.. hope the opponent doesn't see you as an immediate threat while you whittle away at their armor as they focus on other targets.

#71 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostKamies, on 02 December 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

Lol I never said you or AC5s are bad :D Only that BLR 1D with 3xAC2s is NOT bad. I have more screenshots with high damage and 6 kills and so on too but this shouldn't be about the size of our penises. This is about AC2.

Yeah it is you champion AC2 I champion AC5..... :)

Just did a straight 10 drops in the solo queue to example the run of the mill AC5 stats without any unit peeps to tweak results and wow some of the players on my side were odd. I missed one screen shot but it was awful as I met a 5SS wub, dual ac20 JM6 and a cicada in support while trying to solo defend our right flank after people ran off after a Firestarter... 0 kills and 419 damage. Just automatically logged out as team was down 3 for 0 kills... ooops but screenshot would have been crap anyway.

Comments underneath.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's 7,238 damage and 36 kills over 10 warts and all matches this evening, aka its consistently getting me 3.6 kills and 724 pts damage a match. I accept that AC5's sort of are my weapon and I've used them a lot but that was just because I switched from AC2's when they were nerfed. I struggle to see myself pulling the same figures with AC2's nowadays.

Actually chuck me your build and I'll see how I do as I used to love AC2 mdiums or even my 5 x AC2 JM6.... (post heat nerfs as was actually reasonably easy to control the heat).

PS: Last match had one TKer, one afker and one person playing in 3PV who seemed unable to move his legs to the extent we tought he was afk till we were 11 down and I embarrassingly called his position accordingly... why on my team... why?!?!?!

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users