42 replies to this topic

#21 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

Do you have a diplomacy area set up? I will be stopping by in prep for some discussions later.

thanks

#22 GHOSTWOLF1980

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

Greetings, is the FRR comm net down? As our Merc unit [XWLF] is rotating through the front line houses, but we can't get your comms to work -- is the info still correct as we'd like to win back some worlds for you. Please advise?

#23 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostGHOSTWOLF1980, on 11 February 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Greetings, is the FRR comm net down? As our Merc unit [XWLF] is rotating through the front line houses, but we can't get your comms to work -- is the info still correct as we'd like to win back some worlds for you. Please advise?

Proper capitalisation of the password is critical to success. ^_^

#24 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

Soooo, nobody from my unit was online for CW tonight and I figured why not check out the TS group.

First room I pop into guys were cussing each other out about who knows what.

I hit exit and uninstall. No thanks, hopefully you can understand why I stick to raidcall with only OLD comms active from this point onward.

Just thought you should know though since you made the public invite to anyone FRR/otherwise to join in your channel that if this is the kind of first impression you give, getting new players just isn't going to go very well.

#25 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

View Postsycocys, on 20 March 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

Soooo, nobody from my unit was online for CW tonight and I figured why not check out the TS group.

First room I pop into guys were cussing each other out about who knows what.

I hit exit and uninstall. No thanks, hopefully you can understand why I stick to raidcall with only OLD comms active from this point onward.

Just thought you should know though since you made the public invite to anyone FRR/otherwise to join in your channel that if this is the kind of first impression you give, getting new players just isn't going to go very well.

Cant quite figure out what are you talking about.
I personnaly have never heard much offtop/flame talks on the Hub really. Ofcourse some offtopic does happen during the wait phase of CW but ingame its combat-comms only. Thats in EU TZ.

#26 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:33 AM

This was definitely a between game situation as I pug dropped with those players about a minute or two later, and whatever the argument was carried over into their performance in that next match - can't say whether they were still cussing each other out or not as I had already uninstalled TS at this point.

Maybe it is or isn't the normal for everyone or even this particular group, fact is that when I logged on the first thing I was witness to was this and it ended my involvement with the hub. If I want to deal with that kind of behavior I'll turn comms back on in standard drops with pugs.

#27 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

I had to run to work before I could finish this, but my point is that if you want to open the hub up to the grander lot of FFR players, then situations like that simply cannot be happening in the public rooms. If you are the leader of a group, or the guy that started whatever room it is your duty to make sure it's not happening or you are muting those that are doing it as this sort of thing is the number one reason players don't turn their comms on and do not want to engage in any comm activity.

And in most instances you only have one chance to get players aboard your comm team, if this is the first experience they have you just lost a player either to standard drops or to another house/unit.

#28 Nazar24

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 94 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:20 AM

Today the server seems to have some problem.
Everybody having problem today 30/March/2015 connecting to the frr hub, change your server address in

162.243.239.158:9725

same password (Dragon)

#29 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

View Postsycocys, on 23 March 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

This was definitely a between game situation as I pug dropped with those players about a minute or two later, and whatever the argument was carried over into their performance in that next match - can't say whether they were still cussing each other out or not as I had already uninstalled TS at this point.

Maybe it is or isn't the normal for everyone or even this particular group, fact is that when I logged on the first thing I was witness to was this and it ended my involvement with the hub. If I want to deal with that kind of behavior I'll turn comms back on in standard drops with pugs.

As somebody who highly endorses the FRR Hub and encourages people to join it, I'd be very interested in knowing who the individuals involved were. I agree with you completely and in the many months I've participated over there I've never witnessed anything like you just described. I apologise on behalf of my fellow vikings that this encounter has soured your experience, hopefully we can keep the fist fights to the meadhalls next time, nay my brothers?

If those involved happen to be reading this, I encourage them to step forward and apologise for the disruption. Disagreements and conflicts can be handled outside of group drops, especially when newcomers are abound, as is the case this weekend.

Edit: ah, I just now realise I am a week late to your posts, but my point still stands.

Edited by Tarogato, 30 March 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#30 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

Just to confirm, the 1RDR's lease on the frrhub.tk domain has expired, and we have decided not to renew it. With the Althing forums hosted independently from the Hub, and open lines of communication here on the MWO boards, the benefits of the frrhub.tk domain didn't quite equal the costs.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, the drop date actually slipped through the cracks and caught us off-guard, as well, but we assure you that the FRR Hub, itself, is still alive and well! The server is hosted separately from the domain, and can still be accessed at:

Address: 162.243.239.158:9725
Password: Dragon

I've edited the original post, just edit your TS3 connections to use the actual IP, and you'll be back in business!

#31 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

Tried this today to join PHL, the TS worked just fine.

View PostNazar24, on 30 March 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Today the server seems to have some problem.
Everybody having problem today 30/March/2015 connecting to the frr hub, change your server address in

162.243.239.158:9725

same password (Dragon)

#32 Bandaron

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

A brief update on the hub: We have a new domain name, which should be a little easier to share with pugs in the pre-drop chat windows (although the IP address will still work as usual). The server now can be reached at FRRTS3.TK:9725, password Dragon as always.

Also, Malzel (the OP) is no longer the primary contact for units seeking a space on the Hub. If your unit is planning on spending some time in the Republic and wants a channel to based out of, message me to get that started.

FRRever!

#33 Val_yrie

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hi! just a quick little question. (I'm new the the FRR coms network :v) what times do more people tend to be about? out of the 5 times Ive joined so far its been a ghost town.

#34 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:53 AM

You are very likely to find quite a few players on coms during the evening (GMT) and all through the night. Basically EU and US drop hours. During weekends you can find players online pretty much all through the day.

#35 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Tragically, heavy casualties sustained through the Clan invasions among both officers and enlisted personnel has proven too costly for the glorious 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimente to sustain, and Kungsarmè command has been forced to disband the outfit.

The remnants of the 1RDR will continue to maintain the FRR Hub until a new, trustworthy, dedicated owner becomes available. Everyday use of the Hub should not be disrupted in any way, but Admin services may be sparse or unavailable during the transition.

#36 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

Isengrim has taken the handoff for running the FRR Hub.

Some changes are to be expected.

Contact Mech the Dane or myself for any inquiries.

#37 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

#38 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

"Forced to use LRM's"

LOL

#39 Fynlas

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:49 AM

Joined 2 cw drops against kurita through the FRR hub yesterday, makes cw alot more fun than with your average PUGgroup, thanks for having a cw noob like me along :)

#40 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

As an update something I've been meaning to fix since getting the handover for the FRR hub, I've got DNS working properly again. You can use frrhub.ddns.net for the server address. If you dont know what DNS is it doesnt mean that you have to change the address, just that you can now get to it by putting in frrhub.ddns.net as the address for the server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users