#41 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostSgt Minuteman, on 15 January 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

I use a Thrustmaster T16000m in my left hand as throttle and a Logitech G502 mouse for torso in my right hand. Using the stick as a throttle helps me to make turns easier: as when you move the stick left or right the throttle is eased back a bit reducing speed making tighter turns more intuitive. You won't get that using just a throttle. If you could mount the throttle handle of the HOTAS on the T16000m base it would make the ultimate MWO peripheral. You could use it like the joystick for turning and also have enough buttons for lots of weapons groups plus jumpjets. Using a mouse for aiming and weapon group 1 & 2 is a must.

The point of this thread is how to make a Hotas X throttle as accurate as a T1600M, using the same method (hall sensors).
It will also be expanded on how to modify the Hotas X stick to be as accurate as a T1600M.
Out of interest, any chance you could open up the base of the T1600M and take some pics of how the sensor / magnet arrangement works? More curious than anything.

#42 Sgt Minuteman

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

I can but not sure how to upload a picture to this thread. last time I tried to take a screenshot and upload it I could not figure it out...guess I need a Photobucket account?

:(

Edited by Sgt Minuteman, 15 January 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#43 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

imgur.com is very easy and no acct required.

#44 Pykus Varik

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hi sorry to necrotic this thread, but I have the T.Flight HOTAS X and I'm very interested in these mods. Are you still working on this evilC?

#45 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

Cash is short right now, so I have shelved it for the moment.
I do intend to pick it back up at some point though.

#46 Pykus Varik

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostevilC, on 04 August 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Cash is short right now, so I have shelved it for the moment.
I do intend to pick it back up at some point though.

That's good news, cheers! I suspect it might be a bit obsolete now for MWO though because it's basically a standard fps now right? So keyboard and mouse is the best option?

#47 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostPykus Varik, on 08 August 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

That's good news, cheers! I suspect it might be a bit obsolete now for MWO though because it's basically a standard fps now right? So keyboard and mouse is the best option?

Well I don't (and never have) aim with joystick, but if / when "absolute" stick aiming mode ever works properly in MWO, then I may consider it, as that has the potential to be as good as / better than mouse aiming.
That's another reason that this mod is on the shelf at the moment - MWO still does not properly support joystick.

#48 Pykus Varik

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostevilC, on 08 August 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Well I don't (and never have) aim with joystick, but if / when "absolute" stick aiming mode ever works properly in MWO, then I may consider it, as that has the potential to be as good as / better than mouse aiming.
That's another reason that this mod is on the shelf at the moment - MWO still does not properly support joystick.

Okay, cheers.

#49 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostevilC, on 08 August 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Howdy evil, been a while. No dice on native absolute, and I realized after sending my last message to Matthew Craig that he was no longer working there, so that's a lost cause and a wasted opportunity.

However, I recently started playing around with FreePIE, to get mouse emulation working in Star Citizen because TARGET no longer worked there and I wanted to do some experimentation with my stick. After getting it working there, I decided to test in in MWO and low and behold it works, and it works well.

It piggybacks off vJoy, so I just used UJR since I already had it handy. Once the axes were recognized in UJR/vJoy, run this FreePIE script and it's working.

http://andersmalmgre...hub.io/FreePIE/ <--FreePIE download link

mouse.deltaX = filters.delta(joystick[0].x) / 1.4
mouse.deltaY = -filters.delta(joystick[0].y) / 2.8

All that is needed are the above 2 lines of code. The numeric values at the end are gain. Lower numbers is higher gain. Anyone trying this will likely need to play with those numbers to get the gain where you do not overrun the boundaries of mech movement and cause the reticule to lose center. I'm not good at python, but you can also use multiplication for the gain values that may allow ratios other than 2:1. I've spent very little time trying to dial this in, but it's relevant so thought I'd share.

I did test it to see if it conflicts with TrackIR, which sadly it does in the same way TARGET mouse emulation does, rendering it unusable.

Not sure if I should post this here or not, but of course another way absolute zero-order can be achieved with a stick is to use a mouse sensor on a joystick gimbals, which is what I *almost did in 2012 when I made my mechstick. Here's a current gimbals I'm working on that are such a creature, made from a gutted G502. http://imgur.com/a/jTw6H

Edited by Loc Nar, 16 August 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#50 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hmm, if all FreePIE is doing is issuing mouse delta moves, I can probably write an AHK script to do it, and give us way more control (eg automatically working out gain figures based upon game resolution)

My RollMouse script works awesomely with MWO, so i see no real reason why this shouldn't work.

I swear I had played with it in the past, but maybe I should investigate more.

I just started a new job though, and where I am staying ATM, I do not have a proper gaming machine, so my ability to code stuff like this is pretty much limited to weekends only for the time being.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users