Russ, Paul, Pgi... Lights 100% To Dead In Less Than A Second!

131 replies to this topic

#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

View Postpwnface, on 03 December 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Even at zero back armor, a single gauss round won't back CT a light.

It looks like laser vomit from a clan mech. Any time clan laser vomit is involved, the Targeting Computer is involved as well (at least 1 level).

You know how fast clan laser vomit cuts things from fully armored to exposed armor? Well, when you have a targeting comp, they go down even faster.

It's amazing how effective laser vomit is with the TC in terms of crit generation.

Edited by Deathlike, 03 December 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#42 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 03 December 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Ill bet you all saying I was running in a straight line also saw bigfoots and aliens...

:rolleyes:

Thats ok... I should have known. But its OK. I sent this vid and info to support. Russ and Paul will see it. :D

and probably just put it in the spam folder. You are in a ******* light, what did you expect would happen when you get shot by a ******* gauss and/or PPCs?!

Sorry, guess you just want the lag shield back right?

#43 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 03 December 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Ill bet you all saying I was running in a straight line also saw bigfoots and aliens...

:rolleyes:

Thats ok... I should have known. But its OK. I sent this vid and info to support. Russ and Paul will see it. :D

We ALL saw your video and ALL saw you running in a straight line...

#44 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 December 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I've never died "in a matter of seconds" unless i made a big mistake.

I never think of them as mistakes i think of them as risks when i do it. If i run behind the other team i might get them off guard and pick off or tag them. If i push to the left when my team is going right i might flank there backs.

If i jump over this hill other than going around i might save a lots of time :P

No matter what when it doesnt work out i die in seconds but on the other hand i have won games because of it. I do feel its a lost faster than it used to be.

For what i have seen Russ thinks everything is fine because matchs are not any shorter. What i see is everyone is hiding more.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 03 December 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#45 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

well.. if you take a risk and it doesn't pay off... it kind of is a mistake :D

spending your paycheck on lotto tickets is a mistake... until you win.

Edited by pwnface, 03 December 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#46 Lythrim

Rookie

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

To end the Speculation, It was a quad large pulse laser from My warhawk. He ran in a open position and I had took the shot.

You should've also shown how hard I hit the Jenner Prior to you running from the point. He was orange through his armor on the CT.

Edited by Lythrim, 03 December 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#47 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 03 December 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

You were running in a straight line and got rear CT cored. I'm not sure what the problem with this is.

of course you don't. Thats why I said Russ and Paul. Not jaded mech pilot.

#48 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostLythrim, on 03 December 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

To end the Speculation, It was a quad large pulse laser from My warhawk. He ran in a open position and I had took the shot.

if true:
Woah OP, a light definitely should be able to take a 52 alpha and keep going right?

#49 Kiryuin Ragyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Awesome easy kill running straight from an heavy armed assault... I guess Rave was hit with Goose+multiple LPL's or 2xGoose+2xPPC.

Overall: - The obvious PUG got owned and went on forum to whine.

#50 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 03 December 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Thats why I typed "Russ and Paul" and not "pwnface and the community that QQed this game into the ground".

Why didn't you just make a support ticket, or tweet Russ then if you don't care about our opinions or discussion?
Special cookie only looking for the President's attention? Send them a letter with a QR code to the youtube link. Probably would have got you want you wanted.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 03 December 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#51 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

When I'm in Conquest and I leave a point, I make it a habit to run while looking behind me 'cause you just never know when an enemy 'mech'll pop up and try taking you out.

You left your back exposed from the start of the video up 'til the end.. Sticking your nose directly into the cap point which blocked your view in the front and not looking up the hill or checking the blind corner that was directly behind you? Seems to me you haven't been piloting light 'mechs for very long if you do stuff like that.

When I cap a point I normally scoot to the side so I can see around it.

If I know my back isn't exposed (the enemy isn't fast enough to flank directly behind me 'cause their spawn point is far enough away) that's the only time I lower my guard a little.. just a little.. 'cause there are still 'mechs able to reach close to 200kph and have enough weapons to do significant damage to any unsuspecting pilot.

#52 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostBrody319, on 03 December 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

if true:
Woah OP, a light definitely should be able to take a 52 alpha and keep going right?

because 52 pinpoint alpha is good why? Crunch the numbers and tell us the most any light can put into one area of armor, legs CTf, CT back.... Ya you got killed by a light once and now your mad, I got it. But its not excuse for lights to be ignored and "zig zag 100% of the time for 15 min each match" and "hide 80% of the match then mop up" and "spot for everyone else and stay out of fights" and "only lights need to be the top 1% of the best pilots and the top 1% of the 1% of the lights to be good when every one else can durp 95% of the time and be good.

GET REAL!

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 03 December 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#53 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 03 December 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Problem is all mechs are dying in seconds. I think i die faster in dire than i do in a firestarter. Only mech i dont see dieing fast is the timber.

Aye, they seem to have hidden internal structure reserves......

#54 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

Quite frankly, OP, next time you want to use a video as evidence, at least stick around long enough to see what weapons hit you in the back......

As is, I have no sympathy. You were caught with your pants down by a pilot with a good alpha and aim, he landed it solidly in your rear. Been there, done that myself, had it done to myself too. Nothing wrong with it, learn from the experience and carry on.

And whine less on the forums, rage-quit followed by rage-QQ-post is meh.

#55 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 03 December 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Russ, Paul, PGI....

You keep buffing mediums, heavies and assaults. BUT lights are left in the dust! I went from 100% to dead in less then 1 second!

ahhh that was good for a laugh, im running straight and got back shotted zomg buff ligths!!!

#56 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Running in a straight line isn't a problem here. It rarely is... people just like to say it because it seems so simple, and if you seriously think the issue was running in a straight line you don't know what you're talking about. There are many times, like on Canyon there, where you need to hug the wall to give as few angles as possible.

The problem with the video was just staying too long. A lance spawns close by and often goes to that point, you should have left sooner than you or climbed over the wall to your left instead of going all the way back.

Edited by Adiuvo, 03 December 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#57 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 03 December 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

because 52 pinpoint alpha is good why? Crunch the numbers and tell us the most any light can put into one area of armor, legs CTf, CT back.... Ya you got killed by a light once and now your mad, I got it. But its not excuse for lights to be ignored and "zig zag 100% of the time for 15 min each match" and "hide 80% of the match then mop up" and "spot for everyone else and stay out of fights" and "only lights need to be the top 1% of the best pilots and the top 1% of the 1% of the lights to be good when every one else can durp 95% of the time and be good.

GET REAL!

You are complaining because a 85 ton ASSAULT mech, can kill a LIGHT mech with a single attack? I wanna know what ******* numbers you are crunching because that is like asking a 90 pound track runner to beat up on a 250 pound football player.

#58 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 03 December 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Running in a straight line isn't a problem here. It rarely is... people just like to say it because it seems so simple, and if you seriously think the issue was running in a straight line you don't know what you're talking about. There are many times, like on Canyon there, where you need to hug the wall to give as few angles as possible.

The problem with the video was just staying too long. A lance spawns close by and often goes to that point, you should have left sooner than you or climbed over the wall to your left instead of going all the way back.

Running in a straight line is PART of the problem, sure he probably shouldn't have stuck around so long but not running in a predictable manner makes it much more difficult to kill a light mech. Hugging a canyon wall to hide yourself from enemy view is another solution to the same problem.

#59 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostBrody319, on 03 December 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

You are complaining because a 85 ton ASSAULT mech, can kill a LIGHT mech with a single attack? I wanna know what ******* numbers you are crunching because that is like asking a 90 pound track runner to beat up on a 250 pound football player.

#60 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostSable, on 03 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

It was a buddy of mine, saw his name on the destroyed by part. He said he was in a 4 large pulse warhawk.

He stated as much earlier in this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users