#21 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostSeth, on 04 December 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

Will I have the opportunity to move modules from a destroyed 'Mech my next one?

hey Seth. Russ already said in the last town hall meeting that we WOULD NOT be able to move modules from a destroyed mech to our next mech. That mech is destroyed on the battlefield, everything it is equipped with, including modules are lost with it for the remainder of that match. And this is the way it should be IMO.

#22 xWIGHTx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:21 AM

Am I understanding this right: you get rid of 1+1+1+1 class system in dropship, and replaced it with 140-240 tons limit?

#23 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:25 AM

@ PAUL...

1. What about those that have Phoenix Mech and Faction medallions that are supposed to give a boost to LPs?

2. There are a lot of us (MERCS) that will probably go the route of 7 day contracts until we get used to things and so we dont get tied down to any one faction that we later may decide we dont like working for. Is there any way that you guys could at least give a small 3% or 5% bonus on LPs for those contracts?

View PostxWIGHTx, on 04 December 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

Am I understanding this right: you get rid of 1+1+1+1 class system in dropship, and replaced it with 140-240 tons limit?
yes.

#24 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostxWIGHTx, on 04 December 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

Yes. It's now 4 Mechs ranging from 140-240 tonnage limit. Glad that they finally said that you have to bring 4 Mechs.

I'm going to say that we'll see a lot more mediums and heavies on the battlefield.
Which is good, seeing as in lore the medium class is the workhorse class.

Edited by Jacob Side, 04 December 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#25 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 04 December 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

@ PAUL...

1. What about those that have Phoenix Mech and Faction medallions that are supposed to give a boost to LPs?

2. There are a lot of us (MERCS) that will probably go the route of 7 day contracts until we get used to things and so we dont get tied down to any one faction that we later may decide we dont like working for. Is there any way that you guys could at least give a small 3% or 5% bonus on LPs for those contracts?

yes.

as far as I understand, the 7day contract does not give any BONUS, but you will still earn the normal 100% LP.
Where it was said that boni does not stack, I guess that you either get the x% from the faction hanging items, or the P-mechs, or the contracts (the highest counts).

#26 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

I likes what I sees, looking forward to it, I especially like the fact that you do not have to be part of a Clan/Merc/Guild to take part and enjoy.

#27 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 04 December 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

as far as I understand, the 7day contract does not give any BONUS, but you will still earn the normal 100% LP.
Where it was said that boni does not stack, I guess that you either get the x% from the faction hanging items, or the P-mechs, or the contracts (the highest counts).
the LP bonus on the P-mechs and medallions was one of the main selling points for me on that package. If i use one of those mechs and or medallion and i dont get the ADDED bouns for them... Than Im going to be a bit upset! Having these mechs and items with bonuses should stack on any LPs you get IMO.

#28 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:02 AM

Thanx a lot for the update!

On behalf of the completionist players and players that are into more than but one faction I welcome your thoughts granting a certain flexibility within the system. So it can be a long time motivation to serve tours of duty for several factions (keep in mind lots of us bought IS and Clan packs) and collect all the different loyalty point awards and camos!

Edited by Ryoken, 04 December 2014 - 05:03 AM.

#29 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 04 December 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

ok that went right over my head

can someone help me out

I'll see if I can help out here from how I understood it -
You can only form a group of your own players to drop into the matchmaker with - but the matchmaker will pair you up of other groups of your faction.

So if you have a group of 4 - all 4 players in your group must be in your clan - but you might get in game with 2 other 4 man groups of different units.

Did anyone get anything different out of that? That's how I interpreted it...

#30 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

Sounds mostly good..

But why do we have to be all mercs?!

I like the merc life, but if i wanted to be a mercenary hunting for contracts, i would have joined a merc unit..

I want to be a warrior of Clan Wolf.. But there is no difference between joining Clan Wolf or House Davion.

We cannot have lore-based units, at least there should be some difference between mercs and regulars. From what i understand, you consider "regular" those who take a life-long contract. I admire those who do it, however, even with all my loyalty to Clan Wolf, i must consider that i might one day change unit and faction. Besides, a regular mechwarrior might betray his homeland and change factions once in a while.
And of course, Clan warriors can be taken as bonsdmen from another Clan during a Trial.. So many justifications for occasional faction switchs for regulars.

I would say 3 months contracts should be back.

Oh, and decals on DropShips are a must! :P The Clan Wolf dropships should be black/grey with a big Wolf emblem on it.. MW2 :wub:

P.S. Probably i am expecting too much atmosphere and immersion.. Does anyone at PGI remember MW2?

Edited by CyclonerM, 04 December 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#31 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

Greetings all,

Reference Paul's statement,
- Community Warfare is primarily directed to role-playing and unit gameplay.
It is because of this that groups in CW (Unit Groups) will consist of only players within the same unit.
A (defending/attacking) team can have players from multiple units but groups themselves will only consist of players who are in the same group/faction.

To enter CW play as any group size, (2 to 12) you must be in the same formed unit.
- (Merc unit formation list found in the 'Faction' tab)
More than one formed unit can participate/join in the attack/defend action but all must be from the same Faction.
- (up to the 12 Pilot limit)

If your in a Davion sanctioned unit (loyalty time limit hired) then all the formed units must be Davion for that type of action.
- If your defending, then all the Pilots must be the same Faction.

As a note here: Clans taking 'Bondsmen' from other Clans. These Bondsmen needed to 'earn' the rite to challenge for a 'Trial of Position'. This may not be something that is immediately given to captured Clan men. So hoping to start an instant new MechWarrior carrier in that new Clan may not happen.
- Sometimes if the Enemy Pilot was deemed worthy, the trial could be done immediately or the new Clan would pledge/defend the Pilot to be given the MechWarrior title. (still needed the trial of combat for the command level he would be allowed.)
Some ref:
When a Clan warrior defeats an enemy, he is permitted to take that enemy as a bondsman, which is a type of indentured servant. Bondsmen wear cords around their wrists called "bondscords." The bondsman's master is called a "bondholder" and decides when the bondsman's time as a servant is over. The bondholder will usually make efforts to assimilate the bondsman into his Clan's culture. When a bondsman's term is up, his bondcord is ceremonially cut and he is released into whatever caste his bondholder chooses. Some Clans allow bondsmen to join the warrior caste but others do not. Clan warriors have taken bondsmen from both the Inner Sphere and other Clans.

Hope that assists some,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 04 December 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#32 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

Had some quick questions regarding Loyalty Points, bonuses, and stacking.

My understanding is that Phoenix Mechs are supposed to have a 10% earning bonus for Loyalty Points on their prime variants. Will this be so? Furthermore, I assume that the 10% will be based on the total base LP earned in a match much like additional C-bills or XP are counted for Heros and Champions?

Will the Phoenix Medallions award bonus LP as originally intended? I can't remember exactly how much they were supposed to award, but I seem to recall that it was something small like 3%. Will that stack with the Phoenix Mech bonus?

Thank you and great update!

#33 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

I distinctly remember the Phoenix package mechs stated they had a loyalty bonus attached to the primary phoenix variant. Is this still accurate?

#34 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 December 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

My understanding is that Phoenix Mechs are supposed to have a 10% earning bonus for Loyalty Points on their prime variants. Will this be so? Furthermore, I assume that the 10% will be based on the total base LP earned in a match much like additional C-bills or XP are counted for Heros and Champions?

Will the Phoenix Medallions award bonus LP as originally intended? I can't remember exactly how much they were supposed to award, but I seem to recall that it was something small like 3%. Will that stack with the Phoenix Mech bonus?

this is my understanding too and what id like to know. This is one of the main reasons i bought the Phoenix pack and will be very upset if they dont honor the LP % reward for those mechs and medallions.

#35 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'm really excited by what I've heard. Can't wait to try it!

#36 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 04 December 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

this is my understanding too and what id like to know. This is one of the main reasons i bought the Phoenix pack and will be very upset if they dont honor the LP % reward for those mechs and medallions.

I'll be honest, at the time I bought the pack, I was all hyped up on CW. The LP bonuses are actually the only reason why I bought the pack since I waited too long and missed all the pre-order bonuses.

I think PGI will do it right and give us the bonuses though. I can't imagine them backtracking on that at this point.

#37 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 December 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Sounds mostly good..

But why do we have to be all mercs?!

I like the merc life, but if i wanted to be a mercenary hunting for contracts, i would have joined a merc unit..

I want to be a warrior of Clan Wolf.. But there is no difference between joining Clan Wolf or House Davion.

We cannot have lore-based units, at least there should be some difference between mercs and regulars. From what i understand, you consider "regular" those who take a life-long contract. I admire those who do it, however, even with all my loyalty to Clan Wolf, i must consider that i might one day change unit and faction. Besides, a regular mechwarrior might betray his homeland and change factions once in a while.
And of course, Clan warriors can be taken as bonsdmen from another Clan during a Trial.. So many justifications for occasional faction switchs for regulars.

I would say 3 months contracts should be back.

Oh, and decals on DropShips are a must! :P The Clan Wolf dropships should be black/grey with a big Wolf emblem on it.. MW2 :wub:

P.S. Probably i am expecting too much atmosphere and immersion.. Does anyone at PGI remember MW2?
this is a great question. But I think I remember Russ saying that contracts could still be broken. You will just lose all LPs you gained for that faction/Clan. Plus remember, you can also leave a Merc unit/faction unit or Clan unit and join another as you wish. But again, you will lose all LPs you gained with that unit before you left the unit.

So lets say you being a wolf, earn all these LPs with wolf as you are helping your unit take this and that planet, killing this or that IS or other Clan unit's players. But then you decide Wolf isnt for you and you want to join another Clan or even another Clan unit takes you in some rite/ritual as a boundsmen, youll then have to leave your current unit and join the new one. You then lose all your accumulated LP from Clan Wolf.

But again, you can break contracts as a unit together or by leaving your current unit and joining another.

#38 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

View Post9erRed, on 04 December 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

As a note here: Clans taking 'Bondsmen' from other Clans. These Bondsmen needed to 'earn' the rite to challenge for a 'Trial of Position'. This may not be something that is immediately given to captured Clan men. So hoping to start an instant new MechWarrior carrier in that new Clan may not happen.
- Sometimes if the Enemy Pilot was deemed worthy, the trial could be done immediately or the new Clan would pledge/defend the Pilot to be given the MechWarrior title. (still needed the trial of combat for the command level he would be allowed.)
Some ref:
When a Clan warrior defeats an enemy, he is permitted to take that enemy as a bondsman, which is a type of indentured servant. Bondsmen wear cords around their wrists called "bondscords." The bondsman's master is called a "bondholder" and decides when the bondsman's time as a servant is over. The bondholder will usually make efforts to assimilate the bondsman into his Clan's culture. When a bondsman's term is up, his bondcord is ceremonially cut and he is released into whatever caste his bondholder chooses. Some Clans allow bondsmen to join the warrior caste but others do not. Clan warriors have taken bondsmen from both the Inner Sphere and other Clans.

I know, it would be a compromise to assume that this is always the case, but it would be true for merc and IS players that switch faction 4-5 times in a row.. They would not likely be hired by many nobles or Houses (unless they are Wolf's Dragoons :P ). Still better than "everyone is a merc who has to hitch a ride on a DropShip".

#39 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 04 December 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

How does LP work for the Clans then?
the same way it world for the House Units. When CW starts, your "unit" will be asked to pick a side to side with. So lets say you and your "made up unit" of however many members you have, decide to go Clan wolf. Your unit "leader" will then pick Clan Wolf and your whole unit is NOW part of Clan Wolf. You then pick lengths of time you want to stay a Clan wolf unit. 7, 14, and so on or permanent. You are not really a "MERC unit so to speak" but you as a unit within Clan Wolf still has the "option" to decide how long you want to be Clan Wolf. If your unit decided to be a Wolf unit for 14 days and decide you want to stay Wolf a bit more, you pick up another amount of days or stay permanent.

This would be like (if your were the Wolfs Dragoons) that were a unit within Wolf but later decided... hey we want out and want to fight for the IS. This gives you that option. So again, you as a faction member in your "made up unit" under a faction/Clan are not Mercs, but still have the ability as Mercs to leave a faction/Clan and move on.

I think the biggest difference between you and your unit being under wolf, rather than an actual Merc unit, might be later how they do the coffers system.

From my understanding, house/clan units will all be rewarded C-bills evenly but Mercs as in their unit leaders will eventually have the ability to take from the units coffers pool and pay each merc member in the unit, different C-bill amounts. Depending on rank and worth. At least this is my understanding.

#40 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 04 December 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

Yes, I think it was 2.5% actually.

These should be added in based off the base LP earned just as the bonuses Paul described were. He did make it pretty clear that no bonuses are on top of bonuses but that all calcuations were based off the base LP earned and then added together.

I actually completely forgot that the Prime variants were supposed to have a bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users