How Many Headshots Do You Have Per Kill?

108 replies to this topic

#61 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

1,650 : 9

Doesn't even seem close to right.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:03 AM

Our stats predate achievements, if I recall correctly.

#63 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

11029 kills 104 Headshoots. 0.94%

#64 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

2644 kills..... and 1 3 head shots

But it was casual, I never aim cockpit.

edit just checked: I got 3... I still remember the first ...but I miss the others 2.... :(

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 05 December 2014 - 02:32 AM.

#65 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 December 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

Our stats predate achievements, if I recall correctly.

The old stats were archived when achievements went live.

#66 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

20/2816 (Since stat wipe)

I just stopped caring about headshots awhile back when I moved on to grinding lights.
Without a breakfast of amphetamine and pints of coffee, I'm just grateful to hit anything with a red dorito. :P

#67 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

14 out of 1,929 or about 0.73~%

Could stand to be higher but I we honestly don't need more TTK reductions. I do regularly remove a significant quantity of head armor however, and I suspect many others do.

I mean you rarely get hit there and if you do with anything significant, 4-6 points of armor won't change anything. I usually consider any shot that hits my head and doesn't headcap me to be fortunate anyway, as that's potential CT damage sucked down into the head-void zone™.

Edited by NovaFury, 05 December 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#68 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

14 out of 2110, 0.66%. A few DCs, a few happy Gauss hits (ravens!), some arty, some unknown (stats +1? ok), ONE deliberate head shot with repeated AC5 fire while circling a Hunchback with my Battlemaster (memorable kill).

I usually play with very low head armor. I've had one or two instagibs by arty... not so bad.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 05 December 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#69 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostNovaFury, on 05 December 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

14 out of 1,929 or about 0.73~%
Could stand to be higher but I we honestly don't need more TTK reductions. I do regularly remove a significant quantity of head armor however, and I suspect many others do.
I mean you rarely get hit there and if you do with anything significant, 4-6 points of armor won't change anything. I usually consider any shot that hits my head and doesn't headcap me to be fortunate anyway, as that's potential CT damage sucked down into the head-void zone™.

This is exactly why it probably won't reduce TTK, unless they increase cockpit size by something outrageous, like 500%. Right now, the amount of damage that is accidentally soaked up by the tiny cockpit hitbox is negligible. It's practically nothing. I imagine there's a golden mean, a good spot, where headshots are still relatively difficult, but they still soak up a bit more of the CT damage than what we have now.

I also think cockpit size should be used as a balancing tool again. Right now the cockpit size is almost equally tiny for every mech in the game. I'm not saying any mechs should have the ridiculous cockpit size that CPLT's and CTF's used to have. But imagine if Timber Wolves had a slightly bigger cockpit hitbox? Just a hint bigger, to make them slightly less OP compared to every other mech. Of course, this is just a pipe dream. PGI will never nerf the Timber Wolf, and certainly not by cockpit size.

Right now, there's basically no point in ever having 18 points of armour on your cockpit, unless you have 0,5 tons of free weight and you don't need the extra ammo.

#70 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

1748 kills/18 headshots. Most are probably from my Dual gauss Direwhale. I've popped a few atlas and direwhales with that. I've also been head shot a few times playing a DW and atlas.

#71 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 05 December 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

The old stats were archived when achievements went live.

What I'm saying is your pre achievement details, like headshots, were not. I have screenshots, for instance of 3 different "ace of spades" matches, but since all were made before achievements, none were recorded. So your Headshot ratio will not show anything on your REAL number of headshots before the achievements were added. So you are comparing your number of headshots to your "current stats" (of which I thought the last wipe was still pre achievements, but whatever) and have no way of knowing your pre achievement ratio, nor your Open Beta nor Closed Beta numbers.

Plus, TBH, I tend to be more like you: Why take the time trying to core out heads/CTs when most often blowing an ST off is faster, and more effective.

My goal is to kill my enemy as fast and efficiently as possible. Unless you are running Boomjagers or Direwhales, there is not much guarantee of that in a single shot, nor being able to line up the finishing shot after in most other mechs. And if you don't get the headshot in the above mentioned mechs, unless it's a light or low end medium, you also did not core out the CT. You might have been able to destroy the ST though, which would be smarter.

I don't milk things for achievements. If they happen they happen. Probably half my headshots are against DC/AFKs when I come across idiot teammates trying to milk damage and components to inflate their epeen after match shot numbers, I usually just put an alpha or two in the mechs head and walk away, listening to the statwhore whowl and cuss me.

And to Allistair.... the day people start dropping gright and left to headshots again, is when you see a lot of people stop playing. TTK is low enough, and nobody wants to die to your accidental headshot anymore than to an arty to the head.

#72 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

I wish more Catapults and non-twisting Timber Wolves would be fielded...

<.<; Then my headshot count could sky rocket...

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 05 December 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

2644 kills..... and 1 3 head shots

But it was casual, I never aim cockpit.

edit just checked: I got 3... I still remember the first ...but I miss the others 2.... :(

I'm kind of the same, only one archived I remember was shortly after achievements were added, popped over a hill for a second in my YLW and tossed an ac20 shot downrange at a TBolt, it dies (heat of battle no paperdoll hadn't popped up yet even, snap shot) and I see "Headshot" on my HUD. Probably already was headhit by arty or fire. As I don't think my MPL were lined up even it was so quick. Other than that? Can't say. Don't care. (But probably 50% or more of all my headshots are from my WANG, as I do recall quite a few from CB/OB. Including a 5 kill,/ 4 by headshot match on Frozen City Night, by far my most efficient match ever, even if 2 of the headshots were totally reflex snapshots/accidentals. All but 1 were essentially undamaged, so 5 kills for 320 some odd damage was what I consider being a good little killing machine)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 December 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#74 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 December 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

And to Allistair.... the day people start dropping gright and left to headshots again, is when you see a lot of people stop playing. TTK is low enough, and nobody wants to die to your accidental headshot anymore than to an arty to the head.

I don't want a return to that, either, but wouldn't you say that, right now, we might be with the pendulum swung too much in the other direction? It's usually not worth trying to take a shot at a cockpit at all unless the target is shutdown or afk, because the odds of actually landing a solid hit is almost negligible.

I'd love to know whether even 1% of all kills are headshots, and how much of those are AFK/Disco kills...

#75 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostKoniving, on 05 December 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

I wish more Catapults and non-twisting Timber Wolves would be fielded...

<.<; Then my headshot count could sky rocket...

make a new account. Before your Elo gets back to where it should be I bet you score a couple dozen of those off the underhive. Figure it is less stat gaming than what some people are posting in here, lol.

#76 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

View PostBilbo, on 04 December 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

3835 / 23
All by accident.

2,021/14

What bilbo said....except that disco jenner last week. :D

#77 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 04 December 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

I wasn't even trying and I actually asked in chat to confirm that it just happened. That match ended in a 12-1 loss, by the way.

That's something they could improve... let us know when we do a headshot. I also have to ask in chat and often the person is either gone or don't know or don't answer.

Remember this voice?

#78 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostScratx, on 05 December 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

I don't want a return to that, either, but wouldn't you say that, right now, we might be with the pendulum swung too much in the other direction? It's usually not worth trying to take a shot at a cockpit at all unless the target is shutdown or afk, because the odds of actually landing a solid hit is almost negligible.

I'd love to know whether even 1% of all kills are headshots, and how much of those are AFK/Disco kills...

unless and until they find a way to balance TTK, no, I don't.

And I'd much rather have the current balance of the previous, or to the idiotic cries to re-double health on mechs.

So basically, until they get HSR/Multi-Weapon Prefect Convergence sorted, no. I certainly don't.

Plus regardless of the models, visually, it's idiotic to think that a 20 million cbill walking fusion powered tank would be that susceptible to insta kills.

(And don't even bring up TT. TT had random weapon hits, and was not even the "1 in 11" people like to claim, but the probability of rolling a 6, on two separate dice, simultaneously, which I promise you, is a lot higher than 1 in 11. About 2.8% that a SINGLE weapon would hit, with only a handful /PPC/ERPPC, Gauss, AC10/20s, even having a chance of the kill. Gauss, ac20, C-ERPPC being autokills on a hit, ac10s and IS PPCs and C-LargeLasers having a chance to score critical hit and kill)

#79 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 December 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

What I'm saying is your pre achievement details, like headshots, were not. I have screenshots, for instance of 3 different "ace of spades" matches, but since all were made before achievements, none were recorded. So your Headshot ratio will not show anything on your REAL number of headshots before the achievements were added. So you are comparing your number of headshots to your "current stats" (of which I thought the last wipe was still pre achievements, but whatever) and have no way of knowing your pre achievement ratio, nor your Open Beta nor Closed Beta numbers.

The last wipe was the exact time achievements were added, they were the reason for the stat wipe. That however shouldn't affect anyone's headshot ratio much, and that is what the OP was asking for specifically.

View PostRhialto, on 05 December 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

That's something they could improve... let us know when we do a headshot. I also have to ask in chat and often the person is either gone or don't know or don't answer.

Remember this voice?

Oh what fun we had with that sniper rifle. ^_^
To be honest though, I've always been more of a rocket launcher guy, even after it was nerfed for 2K3/2K4 so that a single rocket couldn't oneshot someone and you could only fire three rockets at once. Loved the UT3 version of it though, it's still nowhere near as powerful as the original but it has all the original fire modes and the spiral pattern, I've made some crazy long ranged multikills with that. :D

#80 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

More pinpoint alpha on a mech - more headshots in statistics. AC20/Gauss jagers are good with this thingy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users