How Many Headshots Do You Have Per Kill?

108 replies to this topic

#81 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 December 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

And to Allistair.... the day people start dropping gright and left to headshots again, is when you see a lot of people stop playing. TTK is low enough, and nobody wants to die to your accidental headshot anymore than to an arty to the head.

Any time anyone suggests something, it inevitably gets the response "I would quit playing" from someone.

Higher TTK... I would quit playing.
Lower TTK... I would quit playing.
Remove perfect weapon convergence... I would quit playing.
Get rid of ghost heat... I would quit playing.

I don't mind if some people quit playing. This game needs further improvement and each and every step of improvement is going to tick someone off and rub someone the wrong way.

I would like to point out that I'm not advocating a Quake Arena style game, where people are getting headshot left right and center and you get M-m-m-m-multikill for 10 headshots in a row. But what we have right now is so very far in the other direction, it would take quite a big change to move the needle at all.

#82 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 December 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Any time anyone suggests something, it inevitably gets the response "I would quit playing" from someone.

Higher TTK... I would quit playing.
Lower TTK... I would quit playing.
Remove perfect weapon convergence... I would quit playing.
Get rid of ghost heat... I would quit playing.

I don't mind if some people quit playing. This game needs further improvement and each and every step of improvement is going to tick someone off and rub someone the wrong way.

I would like to point out that I'm not advocating a Quake Arena style game, where people are getting headshot left right and center and you get M-m-m-m-multikill for 10 headshots in a row. But what we have right now is so very far in the other direction, it would take quite a big change to move the needle at all.

not really. The catapults last headbox change was minor as was the cataphract, but it had a major impact.

#83 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 December 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

not really.

This sort of response is a real conversation killer for me.

#84 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

43 headshots and 1999 kills on record. My calculations indicate that results in roughly 2.15% of all of my kills, but rarely because I specifically aimed for the cockpit.

My fondest headshot-memory would be popping a Raven's cockpit at point blank without any of my usual "finesse".
He came to defend his base, and my 2xER PPC+2xGauss Rifle Dire Wolf was happy to greet him (yes I do capture runs in a Dire Wolf :P) but to my surprise, while he was running full throttle, I somehow managed a pinpoint strike on his head. That shortened that scuffle significantly. :ph34r:

#85 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

3,424 kills
64 Headshots, most with Gauss Boss 3 X Gauss Illya pre clans. Now I use my Meta DW to get headshots most are on purpose, and very few with arty. I really love taking out fresh assults in 1 shot its an amazing feeling.'

The best headshot i had was on a battle master in the first minute of a game with my quad AC2 banshee, it stood still for 2 seconds and I blew out its cockpit with 4 bursts I was so suprised I had killed it cause I didnt have up its target info yet and wasnt purposeflly aiming for the head.

Edited by DONTOR, 05 December 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#86 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

So I was just on the second mission of Pirate's Moon.
A laser streaked across my face, I heard the cackling of glass, and my viewscreen had a big chunk missing on it. This was accompanied with heavy distortion on my HUD due to some internal head damage.

O.o;
So that's one headshot for the computer.

#87 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 05 December 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

This sort of response is a real conversation killer for me.

especially when you crop off the rest?

#88 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 December 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

So I was just on the second mission of Pirate's Moon.
A laser streaked across my face, I heard the cackling of glass, and my viewscreen had a big chunk missing on it. This was accompanied with heavy distortion on my HUD due to some internal head damage.

O.o;
So that's one headshot for the computer.

Posted Image

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 December 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

especially when you crop off the rest?

I had no issue with the rest.

#89 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

Since the reset 1,932 kill 12 of those are head shots.

Including a freak shot on a hunchback as it was dropping off a ledge on the space map.

I had atlas kill headshot kill with a victor AC 20 to eye socket shot.

Still thou my Top head shot would be a min zoom Awesome head shot at 600meters caustic valley

Followed by head shot to a Awesome on Terra Thurma as it was walking up the hill to come across the bridge.

The funniest I have seen is a Jenner Wedge Antilles shot on a Raven Pure instinct around the corner head shot followed by a run through the wreckage.

Funniest non head shot goes yet again to the Raven. I was chasing it destroyed its leg. Moving in for the kill when out of no were a Dire Wolf puts a double gauss shot into the Ravens other leg. The Raven who had only internal structure in the other leg cartwheeled across the screen and over a hill on the Alpine map. I swear it was the funniest kill I have ever seen.

#90 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

2/604= 0.33% I have no idea where the second one came from. I just decided to browse through my achievements one day and there it was.

#91 Fishbulb333

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Since the launch reset - 3882 kills, 32 headshots.

Not sure how to find the number of headshots before the wipe, but I'm positive the percentage of headshot kills would be much higher, I can remember getting 4 or 5 headshots in single game - caustic valley with dual ac/20 jager when they first came out. First one was from one side of the crater to the far opposite side.. Glad it's not that easy any more.

#92 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

2/1951.
Cataphract 3D, close range on purpose, medium lasers
Jager, close range on purpose, medium lasers.

#93 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

10 headshots out of 1817 kills.

That's a 0.55% rate. And I'm pretty sure they were all from arty strikes.

How do you get headshots? The hitboxes are dumb, I can't even headshot disconnected mechs and mechs in the training ground, even knowing exactly which cockpit panel the hitbox is. Hitreg just isn't accurate enough with my lovely 40 ping.

#94 Reality Sculptor

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBehind enemy lines

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

3078 kills 15 of which are headshots since last reset. Only 5 or 6 of those headshots weren't by accident. I only really go for headshots when an enemy mech overheats and I'm within spitting distance.

#95 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hilariously enough, I have about 900 K's, and got my first headshot a couple weeks ago, and the guy accused me of aimbotting.

Edited by Onyxian, 05 December 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#96 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostOnyxian, on 05 December 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

Hilariously enough, I have about 900 K's, and got my first headshot a couple weeks ago, and the guy accused me of aimbotting.

Headshots happen less than 1% of the time, so people are pretty quick to openly blame it on aimbotting, or just kind of sneakily. "I'm not saying it was aimbot... but I did get headshotted from 600 meters away by a jump jetting Victor."

#97 BigHellkitty

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 05:13 PM

Newer player here, started about 2 months ago i think? I've got 568 kills with 33 headshots so far, I wish there was a medal for 100 headshots but i need 1000??? It's gonna take me a while....

#98 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 06:37 PM

stopped checking after i broke 100, but given how many games i played, its probably not a big number.

View PostBigHellkitty, on 27 November 2023 - 05:13 PM, said:

Newer player here, started about 2 months ago i think? I've got 568 kills with 33 headshots so far, I wish there was a medal for 100 headshots but i need 1000??? It's gonna take me a while....

i was disapointed when the prize for that was 2lk gxp. FOUR NODES! and you still need to pay the cbills. especially since it took longer than ace.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 November 2023 - 06:38 PM.

#99 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 07:19 AM

I'm about 1 per 1000.

I have tried purposely working on headshots a couple of times, but found it just lead to me dying more as I was spending way too much time aiming and not enough shooting.

I'm fine with that.

Trick shots that delete other players are bad for the game in my opinion; they should be a major rarity just for sh*ts and giggles out of the blue.

#100 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 09:02 AM

didnt notice all the zombies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users