Cw Maps And How You Plan To Handle Them.

22 replies to this topic

#21 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Alpine and Caustic... It depends on where the defenders are located, what firing lines, whether the attackers are forced to attack certain locations e.g. whether they have to fight through gates under fire. If it's the case attackers need to get through gates and the defenders can set-up to fire on them whilst they do it range will be important early on so you can pick the gates apart without taking damage in return. Brawlers can come into their own later perhaps. So builds, yeah, but also the order you drop in them will be important.

Also it depends whether you are in a small or large group or solo (just as the regular queues do). A large group can dictate play (if they want to brawl they can all coordinate and make it happen) whereas small groups or solo players may have to go with the flow so builds with more range give them more options.

My first CW matches may be solo so I plan to take mid-range builds with perhaps a shorter range build towards the back of the drop-ship. If I take a light it'll be last (good for mopping up).

"Balanced" builds are not optimal now and they won't be optimal in CW.

#22 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

Well I am good to roughly 270 m with SRM's and ML and better the closer it gets. I can only hope that CW is not all just ranged conflict. I imagine that some will need to set up for range while others mid and closer. I do well on caustic and alpine as it is so I am hoping for no major issues.

I'll be honest with ya though, if CW is nothing more than a sniper challenge and LRM wars, you will find me over in the non CW side of things and more so in Star Citizen.

This is a pelosi moment, we need to see it before we know what is in it.

#23 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

I thought the first 2 CW maps were unique maps?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users