Patch Notes - 1.3.354 - 09-Dec-2014

228 replies to this topic

#61 footsteps maker

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Why pgi messed up the dragon-5n? no ac2 quirk anymore, I couldn't get it!.

Edited by footsteps maker, 08 December 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#62 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

Wow, this is a surprise!

Thanks, PGI !

#63 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

The VND-St. Ives Blues still gets hosed, compared to the other Vindicators. How is +15% LL range fair, compared to the huge PPC buffs the other variants received? I'd be a fool to run it over the -1AA, and I paid full money for this thing. How is that just?

I hate to be complaining in such a joyous thread, but this needs to be brought to people's attention. I'm seriously giddy about so many things, but the SIB's quirks are just souring my mood.

#64 Obsidian Hand

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCebu City, Philippines

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

Excited to finally pilot the King Crab. :) A little disappointed though about weapon type placements. Lately, I've seen this pattern in the way MWO handles mech variants, in that the only difference between variants is the number of weapon slots in each hit location, but weapon types in each location no longer change.

For example, among older mechs such as the Cataphract, you'd have a variant with 2 energy slots in its right arm, another energy slot in its left arm, etc. Another variant would then have a ballistic in its right, and energy on its left, or energy on its right and missiles on its left. Or my personal favorite, two ballistic slots in each arm. Makes for vastly different variations.

Lately, as seen in such mechs as the Victor and now the King Crab, the weapon type per location stays the same, it's just the number of slots that differ. KGC-000 has ballistics on the arms, energy on the right torso, missiles on the left torso. So does the KGC-0000, just different number of slots. Same with the KGC-000B, but again, just different number of slots.

Would have liked to see something like the KGC-010, which has both missiles (SRM by default) and energy (PPC by default) on each side torso, and ballistics in the arms. Or the KGC-001, which has missile slots on both side torsos, just one energy on the right torso, and arm ballistics.

I suppose there's still a chance the KGC-010 can be incorporated in game as a hero mech, especially since lore indicates that the 010 has these "special effects" going for it, such as PPCs that are flush with the body and fire a different color, and also heat sinks that extend to the back that create visible heat waves. These effects operate exactly as their mundane counterparts and thus need no special gameplay mechanics as far as the game is concerned, so introducing this variant with or without the visual effects should at least add a bit more variety to the King Crab lineup.

#65 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 08 December 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Most thunderbolts where buffed, just the SS got nerfed and even then, only a tiny, tiny little bit.
what was changed? As can someone please do a list of (just) what was changed or added with the updated quirk list? Please?

#66 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

Fantastic early delivery of the patch. Always welcomed, but something's a bit odd about the fact that it's ready a whole week early, as if this was.....dare I say it?....planned? I can understand one or two days because things were finished early, but this just seems a bit calculated.

That being said, all the changes are welcomed. My King Crab will be glorious and (hopefully) my Novas will be out in the field once again thanks to whatever quirks are planned for it. I'm grateful for this patch, and I'm sure I'll love it.

A few other things:
  • I had thought it was generally the concensus that the Blackjack quirks were one of the most messed up ones. Yet thye recieve no changes? Paul still running a Hexa-AC20 Arrow? That's surely why it has AC20 quirks, right? (Even though everyone uses AC20's on BJ-1DCs and BJ-1s.....)
  • Why not list the clan quirks that are coming out?
  • The Mech descriptions are not as well formatted as they usually are.

:excl:Now that's nitpicking :excl: :)

#67 Linkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

A pleasant surprise! Can't wait to see quirks on the mist and summoner, even the sweat box nova :)

Also really happy to see this stuff early as others pointed out, makes me think they will be laser focused on CW (pulse not regular laser ;) )

#68 Kralizec242

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAt the end of the universe.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 December 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

- River City/River City Night: Statues have been removed to prevent players from getting stuck.

There is a God.
And he is just.

Also, I can't wait to try out the new assaults! (Read: Snapping the KGC claws)

#69 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 08 December 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

what was changed? As can someone please do a list of (just) what was changed or added with the updated quirk list? Please?

Old tdr-5ss:

TDR-5SS
 Additional Structure (LT&RT) +10
 Medium Pulse Range +25%
 Energy Weapon Range +25%
 Medium Pulse Heat Generation -12.5%
 Energy Weapon Heat Generation -12.5%
 Energy Weapon Cooldown +15%
 Missile Weapon Cooldown +15%

new TDR-5SS:

 Additional Structure (LT&RT) +15
 Medium Pulse Range +25%
 Energy Weapon Range +25%
 Energy Weapon Heat Gen -15%
 Energy Weapon Cooldown +15%
 Missile Weapon Cooldown +15%

so it lost -5% heat gen on it's medium pulses in total, but gained more LT/RT structure.

I'm not really into combining the two PDF's, because lazy and have to head to work soon, but they're here:
Old: https://static.mwome...re%20Quirks.pdf
Changes: https://static.mwome...%20December.pdf

Mechs not listed in the new document are unchanged.

Other noteworthy changes IMHO include the Flame getting general Ballistic quirks instead of AC20 quirks (15% instead of 20% total, but the AC20 isn't a really good weapon for a Flame anyways), the HBK-4SP getting INSANE 40% total SRM6 cooldown quirks, and the CN9-A getting solid AC10 quirks instead of just lame laser/missile quirks.

Lots of Victor quirks too, and generally any mech with jump jets (see: shadow hawks and such) that lost a quirk due to them gained quirks.

View PostKralizec242, on 08 December 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

There is a God.
And he is just.

Also, I can't wait to try out the new assaults! (Read: Snapping the KGC claws)

You know that tomorrow, there will be SO MANY dead King Crabs because the pilots couldn't stop trying to pinch other mechs rather than, you know, actually fighting.

#70 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

PATCH #36 ... Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, December 9th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
- Wait! What? ... an early patch! ... with stuff? ... totally unexpected, and greatly appreciated.

... also making the King Crab and Mad Dog Standard variants available for MC today.
- If this is actually early, I am so happy that you're in charge of your own marketing ... if this was actually your plan all along, and you just played us ... well played.

King Crab
- While we can equip 2x AC/20 or 2x Gauss with a Standard Engine, you start making compromises pretty quickly. It will be interesting to see how survivable this is with an XL engine and what else we can come up with.

Gargoyle
- I'm thinking this thing will be the clan version of the Awesome ... I hope I'm wrong.

New Trinkets
- I am looking forward to seeing how the clan faction skins look.

Inner Sphere 'Mech Quirks
- A "before and after" comparison would be handy.

Hit box adjustments for: Hellbringer, Hunchback, Ice Ferret, Mad Dog, Mist Lynx, Spider, Firestarter
- Interesting that it took hit boxes as clearly bad as the Hellbringer's for you to get around to this, but I'm glad you have finally gotten around to this!

River City/River City Night: Statues have been removed to prevent players from getting stuck.
- Dammit! What will I use to get new players to stop chasing me, now? (Just kidding, this is awesome!)

Viridian Bog: Fixed ballistics from passing through the arthropod shells.
- Nice.

Polygon pattern for the Gargoyle 'Mech currently shows as blank. This will be addressed in the next patch.
- Looks like I'm going to be running a blank 'mech, just because I can.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 08 December 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#71 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Oddly enough, some of my trash builds got nerfed (quad MDLAS 2XSRM6 Cent-AL) , (LRM15 heat gen on my founder's cat) while stronger picks like the FS9-A and TDR-SS got the tiniest of nerfs. Jenners are still too weak, nerfing one of them is laughable. The SP hunch got a huge buff, for some reason.

AC5 Dragons, mdpls TDRs and smpls FS9-As are still going to function as they always did, and no alternatives got buffed enough to function as an alternative to these popular chassis picks. Conclusion - meta stays where it is.

#72 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 08 December 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Fantastic early delivery of the patch. Always welcomed, but something's a bit odd about the fact that it's ready a whole week early, as if this was.....dare I say it?....planned? I can understand one or two days because things were finished early, but this just seems a bit calculated.

That being said, all the changes are welcomed. My King Crab will be glorious and (hopefully) my Novas will be out in the field once again thanks to whatever quirks are planned for it. I'm grateful for this patch, and I'm sure I'll love it.

A few other things:
  • I had thought it was generally the concensus that the Blackjack quirks were one of the most messed up ones. Yet thye recieve no changes?

YOU LEAVE THE WUBJACK ALONE!

Open season on the others though :)

#73 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

i am very greatful that the CN9-A is getting an autocanon quirk. its a centurion, it needs its AC!

#74 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 08 December 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

A few other things:
  • I had thought it was generally the concensus that the Blackjack quirks were one of the most messed up ones. Yet thye recieve no changes? Paul still running a Hexa-AC20 Arrow? That's surely why it has AC20 quirks, right? (Even though everyone uses AC20's on BJ-1DCs and BJ-1s.....)
  • Why not list the clan quirks that are coming out?
  • The Mech descriptions are not as well formatted as they usually are.
:excl:Now that's nitpicking :excl: :)

I was REALLY hoping the BJ quirks would get fixed, as they're definitely messed up. Even if you just flipped the BJ-1 and BJ-A quirks it would be an improvement and make more sense (though not be great). Ideally BJ-1 is AC/20 Arrow is Machineguns/LPLs. If you're dead-set on making the BJ-1 AC/2s (which i don't even particularly have a huge issue with) AT LEAST make the BJ-1(C) different, and make it quirked for the AC/20 it came with. ESPECIALLY since you just took the AC/20 quirks off my Flame (which I'm mildly irritated by--but other friends of mine were angry it was set for the Flame, so you win some you lose some). Seriously though, out of everything, BJs are messed up.

I assume the Clan Quirks missing was just accidental oversight.

#75 ultraFloon

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

thanks for the patch prematurely ,me l 'expected the king crab thanks , merry christmas MechWarrior

#76 kka

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

In addition to the update quirk list, please publish a list where you can see all the quirks up to date.

Moreover, when publishing an update list, please put buff in green and nerfs in red, or something like that. And perhaps put the preceding value in brackets.

It is time consuming to read two lists simultaneously and compare what has changed.

#77 Frank Olson

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

View Postaniviron, on 08 December 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

They do add a lot of character to the plaza; I hope that they get put back in when destructible objects come back.

There was a time when destructible objects where part of the game? Wow ... tell me more, I just started a few weeks ago.

#78 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostFrank Olson, on 08 December 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

There was a time when destructible objects where part of the game? Wow ... tell me more, I just started a few weeks ago.

There was a tree.

#79 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Love the quirk changes overall. As much as the specific quirks added some flavor, at times they were overkill, and they also reduce variety at times. I'd still love to see the BJ-1 and BJ-A get some quirk adjustments, and honestly, not a huge fan of SRMX or LRMXX quirks (or modules, SRM modules should be just that, for all SRMs).

Thanks for giving me crabs PGI!

View PostObsidian Hand, on 08 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Excited to finally pilot the King Crab. :) A little disappointed though about weapon type placements. Lately, I've seen this pattern in the way MWO handles mech variants, in that the only difference between variants is the number of weapon slots in each hit location, but weapon types in each location no longer change.

For example, among older mechs such as the Cataphract, you'd have a variant with 2 energy slots in its right arm, another energy slot in its left arm, etc. Another variant would then have a ballistic in its right, and energy on its left, or energy on its right and missiles on its left. Or my personal favorite, two ballistic slots in each arm. Makes for vastly different variations.

Lately, as seen in such mechs as the Victor and now the King Crab, the weapon type per location stays the same, it's just the number of slots that differ. KGC-000 has ballistics on the arms, energy on the right torso, missiles on the left torso. So does the KGC-0000, just different number of slots. Same with the KGC-000B, but again, just different number of slots.

Would have liked to see something like the KGC-010, which has both missiles (SRM by default) and energy (PPC by default) on each side torso, and ballistics in the arms. Or the KGC-001, which has missile slots on both side torsos, just one energy on the right torso, and arm ballistics.

I suppose there's still a chance the KGC-010 can be incorporated in game as a hero mech, especially since lore indicates that the 010 has these "special effects" going for it, such as PPCs that are flush with the body and fire a different color, and also heat sinks that extend to the back that create visible heat waves. These effects operate exactly as their mundane counterparts and thus need no special gameplay mechanics as far as the game is concerned, so introducing this variant with or without the visual effects should at least add a bit more variety to the King Crab lineup.

In PGI's defense, that's the case with these 3 variants of the King Crab. One has DHS, one doesn't, and a third is missing FF armor as well. The only real variant is the Clan Buster that is a year away, though I could see that as the King Crab Hero eventually. In fact, the hardpoints are probably balanced for that, given the clan buster has a unifom Gauss, SRM, and Laser on each side. Without hardpoint inflation, it would be a clear winner.

#80 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostFrank Olson, on 08 December 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

It was never much. You could knock down a few streetlights in River City and that was it.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users